“OK for 1 night” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6531 South Sepulveda Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #216 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Tel Aviv
“OK for 1 night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I booked this hotel via Hotwire for my father so I only knew after the booking what it was. The location is good, easy access to the freeway, nice mall close by. The "free" breakfast is a grab and go style breakfast, which was a total joke. That is not breakfast. We ended up going to a diner close by for breakfast. The room was OK, had a strange smell to it, and the nextdoor neighbors were really noisy so we asked to move to a different room. The staff was very nice!
Generally, it is a very sketchy hotel. I was actually scared of leaving my dad there alone, do to the "interesting" by-passers that were hanging around the hotel. Something is very off there. I would not recommend this hotel for more than 1 night really.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 4th floor so there is no one above you.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Booked a hotwire last minute for culver city and got this hotel. This hotel was much better than I expected - clean, updated spacious room.

Just what we needed after a 11 flight and 2 hours wait at the car rental place. Plenty of spaces to park and easy to find once you've left LAX airport

We just used this hotel for a quick over night stay but definitely would of spent longer here given the fact it was better.

The only negatives were - the breakfast was advised as continental but when we actually got there it was a cupboard filled with biscuits and muffins in the lobby area

(most of them were gone by 9am) and not much choice with tea/coffee. Didn't really matter as Ihop is only 5 mins down the road.

No hairdryer in the room but managed to get one from the reception.

Would choice this hotel again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that we were better than expected and only 2.5 miles from teh LAX Airport. Although our rooms are studio the suites are spacious. I am glad you were able to get the rest you needed.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was my first stay at this particular Extended Stay America location. I will definitely return in the near future when I am in the area again. Even though it is off of Sepulveda Blvd, which is very busy with traffic all the time, you cannot hear the traffic. It is a quiet hotel, and the traffic cannot be heard, even though I opened one of the windows to let some outside air into my guestroom. The kitchenettes are nice, and refrigerators are provided in the guestrooms also. The air conditioning units work well, but the cooling works better than the heating. It is a well-kept up hotel, and its value is as good as the nearby Custom Hotel in the LAX area, since you get a full kitchenette and refrigerator for the price of your stay at Extended Stay America. This hotel is also conveniently close to the nearby Howard Hughes Center and Fox Hills Mall, which have plenty of retail stores, restaurants, and fast-food places. This is also a safe area to walk around, even at night. Free Wi-Fi is also offered. Travelers from out of the area can reach this hotel by riding the Culver City Line 6 bus on Sepulveda Blvd to and from LAX.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I booked this hotel on Hotwire. The deep deal they don't tell you the name until you book it. Joke.( Thats a whole other review) First, the location wasn't awful but pretty difficult to find. Weird streets.. I originally booked for 2 people, therfore I guess Hotwire didn't give me the option of beds. I ended up coming with 3 people, and until I got there hadn't realized I didn't choose the room option of 1 or 2 beds. The girl at the desk, who seems to be wearing every hat there, says they are booked and can't give me a 2 bd room my first night. But can on my second but it costs more. Fine. I get to my room and it reeks of cigs. Gross. The bed hasn't been finished being made. The pillows are on a table and the bedspread is in a ball in the closet.. I spend the night sleeping on the recliner. In the morning I go down to the lobby for my " breakfast on the go" to find that there is no coffee made at 8:00 am and still none 20 min later. I would not call this a breakfast, its a snack. There were breakfast bars and oranges and apples and oatmeal packets. That's it. NO COFFEE! So I had to make it in my room trying not to wake my teenage kids. The breakfast they advertised was one of the factors in my search for hotels. Now I will have to go out to eat another meal. Oh, and for being "booked" the only other people I saw downstairs were the 2 women who checked in before me. They too were complaining about the stinky room and wheres the coffee?

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your request for s different room type was not accommodated. For future stays, feel free to contact the hotel before your arrival to confirm availability for a change in room type. I am disappointed to hear that the coffee was not set up at the time you came down for the grab-and-go breakfast. I will review with the front desk staff the importance of timeliness when it comes to setting out the grab-and-go items. Also, I am sorry that the room was not prepared for your arrival. I will be working with my housekeeping staff to ensure that each room is inspected diligently before guest check-in.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at lax@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel in the future so we may have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Last winter during the end-of-year holiday week between 12/26 and 1/1, my wife and I stayed at the Extended Stay America near LAX. Initially we were put off by the strongly scented cleaning supplies used in the lobby, as we use unscented products at home due to allergies. However, the aromas were not detectable in the room. The staff were very helpful. The room was adequate, though basic. Soundproofing was good. A few times we saw cars that seemed to be inhabited by homeless people in the parking lot and reported the situation to the hotel staff. On one occasion, we saw a police car parked directly at the entrance. When we inquired why the car was there, it was explained that sometimes the police had to stop by to investigate and used that space. There were some cooking aromas in the hallways. We found a Trader Joe's nearby, where we were able to get provisions that we enjoyed at home from the same source. As we were in LA primarily to visit family, we found the location to be very convenient--about 5 minutes from one relative and 10 to 15 minutes from another. On our last night, we saw Lincoln in the Howard Hughes Shopping center after a pleasant dinner if Thai food. We were delighted to be 5 to 10 minutes from LAX, making our departure very easy.

Room Tip: We requested a room in a quiet area and were give one on an upper floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us; thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate you acknowledging our great location and the hotel's surrounding venues. The Howard Hughes Center is a great place to visit just across the street from us that provides convenience with the IMAX theater, local stores and restaurants. (The Wild Thai restaurant is one of my favorites, too.) Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future!
El Segundo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Hotels with kitchens in the rooms tend to be a little stinky. (WHAT are they cooking in there?!) Don't expect amenities like shampoo and maid service is only once a week for stays over a few days. This particular Extended Stay is in the middle of no where, but 10 minutes from the airport. I think people on housing subsidies live here.

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floor - facing South (even numbered)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The situation you described regarding the odor in the kitchens is truly regrettable. We have recently changed cleaning products to ensure that odor does not persist. We will also be sure our team is checking the ventilation in each room during inspections. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at lax@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Santa Clara, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed here for a one-day training for work. The hotel is in a great location but the clientele make it seem a little sketch. The staff was very friendly and the internet was free!!

The elevators were a bit rickety and I wasn't sure if I wanted to get back on. The same elevator just didn't show up one time and I ended up just taking the stairs in frustration.

Overall, it was clean and would be great for a family on a budget. Otherwise, if money isn't the issue, there's nicer hotels in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport? Share your experiences!