“Affordable... but there's a reason why!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6531 South Sepulveda Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #225 of 340 Hotels in Los Angeles
Sao Paulo, SP
“Affordable... but there's a reason why!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Free parking, kitchen and free internet. Of course that counts... but the whole facility is old. Furniture, carpets and basically everything is old and worn out here (I'm not saying things don't work). There is a room on each floor meant for garbage disposal which is very convenient, although the whole corridor smells like garbage (it travels through air conditioning ventilation openings and the whole place ends up smelling like garbage). Internet is pretty slow and unstable (sometimes preventing you to use it). This hotel works if you looking for an affordable stay with the complimentary conveniences they offer but it is far for feeling like a Confort Inn. It worked for us, a brazilian couple who was staying in LA for a month to study, but if you are in Honey Moon mood, book earlier and find a romantic place to stay (preferably near the beach).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - LAX Airport. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels brand location in the future."

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We (couple) had driven down the coast and used this motel as a home base for our visit to LA. We were going to leave from LAX. We needed a car and parking here is free with easy access. We always like to have a kitchen in the room, even though we ate meals out. We have found Extended Stays to be great values. There was a mall about 1/4 mi. away with a Starbucks. The mall had no free parking. It was $2 to just stop for coffee, which we did not do. We walked there, but most people would not. No good views. Homeless man lived in enclosed area used for storage and obviously long term resident families lived downstairs. Nevertheless, it felt safe. Room was spacious and clean. Best shower of our 8 day trip from San Fran to LA. Friendly staff. Laundry was convenient. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: We likes staying on 3rd floor. 2nd floor would have been good. Quieter. More private.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.
Malibu, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and I are local LA residents who stayed here a few days while we had to be out of our own house. It was a good home away from home. Clean and quiet. The extra space and the kitchen are big pluses. I brought a blender and made morning smoothies. I also brought a down comforter to replace the typical hotel bedspread, and hair products since they do not provide them. For this reasonable price, one cannot expect a five-star hotel! The desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I recommend this place!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
General Manager L, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay in Extended Stay America Los Angeles - LAX Airport.

One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff at the Extended Stay America Los Angeles – LAX Airport takes pride is creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

I am extra pleased that the 2 issues you had in your room were taken care of promptly. I do hope you will choose us again when you find yourself back in the LA area.

Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team as well as our Senior Management. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels.

If I can be of further assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at 310-568-9337

Michelle Altamirano
Denton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stay at a lot of hotels in the Extended Stay brand, they are all changing their name to Extended Stay now, which I think is a good idea. With that in mind, here we go.

The Extended Stay America - LAX, is by far the nicest ESA I have stayed in to date.

The staff, excellent, they understand hospitality and that is good. Housekeeping, stellar.

Room condition, very nice and comfortable. Not the Hilton, but they don't claim to be. Great beds, bedding, linens, and bath towels.

The room was very clean upon arrival, no problems with my reservation and very helpful. The front desk even called me within an hour of check in to see if everything was ok with my room. I have not had that happen in a hotel in over a year, not since the Sheraton San Juan and that hotel is far more expensive.

The grab and go breakfast, a nice touch, don't expect much - but it is better than nothing.

Had a couple of issues with my room, microwave was not working properly and the commode ran all night, both were fixed the next day. Prompt attentative service, what a concept.

Usually I wait until checking out of a hotel to review it, I have been here a week and have 8 more before I leave L.A. This hotel needs to be recognized within the chain as a model of service and brand attractiveness. If all of the hotels in this brand came close to this, it would be hard to find a vacancy in the chain. Just my opinion.

So as the title says, this ESA is the best one yet.

I commend the staff and management for a great product. The only thing I would change here is that I could have this staff at any ESA I stay at.

Room Tip: If all the rooms are like mine, anyone you get will be o.k.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - LAX Airport. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Pine Mountain Club, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I guess if we would get a better room, it would not be such a bad experience. Besides the fact that in the middle at the night a fire-alarm went on, we got the room at the end of the hallway (towards the main street) and the traffic is so loud that it is hard to fall asleep. I am not sure if it was because we got a discounted rate through www.PetsCanStay.com that we got such loud room. To sum things up, it is a good place but make sure you select your room before you get there. M.

Room Tip: ..the farther form the main street you are, the better :)
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
John,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - LAX Airport. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry. I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from outside disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Location was great! Easy to get in and out of. Means a lot in LA. The room was spacious and clean. Amenities were basic- but I expected that from an extended stay. But no alarm clock? Breakfast was simple but satisfying. Coffee, muffins, granola bars. Get there early or you will be left without juice. I was left without juice by 8am. I was only there a short time and was unable to really explore the property. But what I did see I was happy- BUT I was overcharged by $20! I signed up for their email promotions. Got a code for new sign ups. I used it to book to receive $10 off. When I arrived i was told it would be adjusted at check out. OK. At check out I was told there was no such discount noted, and that a manager would call me by the end of the day. It has been over a week. When I arrived home, I looked over my email confirmation and it stated a total $78 with tax. I was charged $98. What happened??? Other than that check in/out was quick and easy- except for the jerk that put his key and hair dryer next to me told me his room # and asked me to check out for him since the clerk had stepped away for a moment...

Room Tip: 1st floor was very quiet!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. We know that we didn’t get to be a member of America’s number one family of extended stay hotels over night; we did it by focusing on one customer at a time. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. It reminds us that despite all of the regular praise we receive, we still have room to improve.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I have stayed at some of the finest luxury hotels from San Francisco, L. A. South Bay and San Diego to Chandler and Glendale Arizona for my personal and business travels. I've spent as many as 20 days and as little as a weekend and found that Extended Stay America LA - LAX Airport is by far the best in Customer Service, Attention to detail and Cleanliness. The rooms are clean and in perfect order everytime I arrive and through my stay. This speaks to the proffessionalism and training from Management to their Operations Staff and Housekeeping Staff. They are my choice for all my LA travels. Michelle and her staff have kept me returning everytime. Great job team...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay in Extended Stay America Los Angeles – LAX Airport.

One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff at the Extended Stay America Los Angeles – LAX Airport takes pride in creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

It was a pleasure having you stay at our location and hope to see you soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport? Share your experiences!