“Great location for park and fly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites LAX

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites LAX to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites LAX
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5249 West Century Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (Westside)   |
Ranked #115 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
USA
“Great location for park and fly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Other than 3 of 4 elevators not working, we were happy with the service and rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Stoney Creek, Ontario Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

We needed to stay close to the airport and reading the reviews for this one, I was mislead. The hotel is rundown, smells, there were many dogs there and the area is unsafe and dismal. The bed was lumpy and the breakfast was non-tasting. Yogurt in plastic containers with no name and the coffee tasted like water. No problems with the shuttle. Next time I will spend more money so I don't fret about getting bitten by bugs.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
West Suffield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

It's an airport hotel, and it's a La Quinta. But given the crappy mood I was in after a misconnection at LAX, at 12am, after having traveled across the States, I guess the fact that I wasn't disappointed by the hotel should be a sign that it was actually pretty good. The staff at the reception desk was very friendly and the room was very decent and clean. At only 3 minutes away from the terminals it was all I needed for a couple of hours of sleep. On the front desk there was an Oscar for the best La Quinta renovation, which I think can be debated, but I definitely would have given the Oscar to the ladies at the front desk who got me out of my crappy mood in no time. Thanks.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Rockford, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

My husband and I were on our way to Hawaii and had to spend the night close to LAX, and found this hotel with good reviews on trip advisor. I AGREE. The shuttle [which was FREE] was efficient and the driver was very helpful and went out of his way to help. Employees at the desk were the same and made one feel like they were there to help YOU, the customer. The room was very good for the low rate we paid. Breakfast was provided free and again, was similar to other good breakfasts in other hotels we have experienced. We asked if we could print our boarding passes and they had a computer and printer in the lobby which we used at no charge. The printer had a few problems, but the woman at the desk came to help repeatedly, even though I am sure she had other things to do. We liked this hotel so well and it was so convenient for the traveler that we booked it at the desk for the return leg of our trip [at an even lower rate!].
This a really well-maintained 3 star hotel; examples: there was a big stain on the carpet in the hallway of our floor which I thought made it look a little shabby. By the next morning it was cleaned up and GONE. Also, as we waited for our shuttle, there was another maintenance man painting the outside of the building. I was impressed. My only negative is that the elevators seemed a bit slow or were not all in service, but that is a slight inconvenience. Overall it was a great experience and we are going back. There seemed to be a theme of "good customer service" driving this hotel and in its employees, which I really appreciated. If you are someone going through LAX, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

The La Quinta at LAX in Los Angeles is a great hotel to stay at when visiting LA for work or pleasure. The rooms are immaculate and the service personnel are extremely courteous, respectful and helpful with your every need. They literally make you feel like a VIP guest. The hotel also maintains an excellent restaurant, the Destination Restaurant, which is managed by Angel. Angel ensures that each guest is treated royally and the food is outstanding and reasonably priced. We never look beyond the La Quinta at LAX as a hotel to stay at when visiting the greater Los Angeles area. The hotel location is extremely convenient as it is only a few blocks from the Interstate 405 with easy access to most parts of the city.

I highly recommend this hotel when visiting LA.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are spacious and immaculate. The hotel is 10 stories high so if you don't want...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Berkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We used this as a base for a one night stay before catching an early morning flight to Texas. The hotel is a little tired but considering the price we felt that it was very good value for money. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean and had good facilties.

The only really annoying thing was the very old ice machine which was a good few doors away down the corridor but made the most horrendous noise (I checked out another floor and it was the same on the other floor - very noisy machine) and kept me awake through the constant droning.

The staff were very friendly and we had to leave at 4.00am - there was coffee laid on as well as muffins & fresh fruit in reception which was very welcome (you wouldn't get that in a UK hotel!).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I stayed here before I left Los Angeles.Close to LAX, perfect for travellers. They have good shuttle service, easy to access to the airport. Rooms were clean and pretty big, staffs were friendly-especially one girl who helped me all my questions! (Unfortunately I cannot remember her name.) I liked their american style breakfast. It is near airport and it is not the prettiest downtown, but there is a place to eat around the hotel. it was just fine. I will definately go back there if I fly into Los Angeles again. I recommand this hotel if you look for a place to stay near LAX.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites LAX? Share your experiences!