“So-So Hotel; Dreadful Airport Shuttle” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Los Angeles Airport

You added Hilton Los Angeles Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5711 West Century Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (LAX Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
WiFi and Breakfast Bundle
Ranked #84 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Miami, Florida
“So-So Hotel; Dreadful Airport Shuttle”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Airport hotels. You're not staying there for the charm; you're there because it's easy to get to and from the airport.

So I'm gonna lay it right out there: the Hilton LAX Airport has a lousy shuttle. This is a big deal, because after your long flight, when you're sitting on the curb, watching vans from every other hotel pass you by multiple times, it is pretty frustrating. Also, in the morning, when the line of guests waiting for a ride to the airport stretches into the door and across the lobby, that's not great either. On my most recent visit, a woman who got on at Terminal 6 spent ten minutes berating the driver for how long she had been waiting. (Note for grumpy travellers: there is no point in yelling at the driver. He gets paid starvation wages and has zero decision-making authority. Talk to someone who can actually fix your problem.)

There *is* a workaround for the shuttle problem: you can take the shuttles for the Los Angeles Airport Marriott, or the "Parking Spot - Century Blvd," and then walk to the Hilton (assuming your baggage load does not preclude it). The Marriott is to the west, so you will turn left onto Centruy Blvd to reach the Hilton; the Parking Spot is to the east, so you will turn right onto Century Blvd. The Hilton is between the two.) This has become my default technique for minimizing transit time to and from the hotel.

There is often a long line of people waiting to check in; the staff are good about expediting guests in the Hilton Honors line, if you are a member.

The rooms are clean and pleasant. Airport noise is a mild issue, but then, you're at an airport.

The wifi internet in my 17th floor room was so slow on my last visit it was unusable. The free wifi internet in the lobby worked fine.

The bar and louge (called "Landings" is adequate without being truly good. Lots of TV's to watch, if you like sports. Decently friendly service behind the bar. Expect to pay ~$10 per cocktail. Food is not horrible, merely okay.

In some respects, this should be a 2-dot rating, but I am giving them a third because most of the other LAX airport hotels have problems that are equal or worse.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jasmine W, Manager at Hilton Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hello Gordon13798465,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. After reading your comments, it seems that you frequent our hotel quite often. Please inform me of your next booking so that I may personally handle your reservation. Additionally, I'd like you to consider me a contact for inquiries at our hotel. We appreciate your honest feedback, and will use this information to improve our overall guest expreience. Again, please contact me upon your next reservation.

Best regards,
Assistant to the Director of Rooms I Hilton Los Angeles Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I checked into the LAX Hilton the night before a very early morning flight. I had pre-paid for "self parking" in the garage. Typically, you had to really search hard for one of the last remaining spots. That was a bit frustrating. Be warned that the garage is very low clearance. Real big vehicles have no chance of getting in!

Checking into the hotel was very easy. We had pre-ordered a bottle of wine for us to cap the evening off. It was supposed to have been pre-delivered to our room before check in, but it was not there. Had to call room service to have it delivered. Oh well.. may not pre-order next time.

The room was quite nice. Bed was amazing. View east towards the city was amazing! I wish the room had more electrical outlets to charge our devices. Kind of surprising oversight for a "travel" hotel like this. The room's furnishings are up to the Hilton standard. The soap/shampoo/body moisturizer provided was Thomas Allen Roth, so it was of high quality. The hotel was quiet, which afforded us a nice night's rest.

I am really sick of hotels that charge extra for WiFi internet service. $13? No thank you. This should be included with the room price. Not everyone staying here will have a reimbursable expense account! This was an unexpected pain since we both needed to plan last minute travel arrangements before our flight. There are plenty of lesser priced hotels that include this service complimentary. Will be a consideration next time if we stay there.

I wish the hotel's eatery was open at wider hours. We weren't able to get breakfast before leaving for our flight. Might want to verify that before booking a room.

Now, the hotel's biggest con was its complimentary airport shuttle. The bus itself was very large and the driver was excellent (and friendly!), however, they run only ONE bus through, thus its always crowded and takes extra time to do its rounds.

Coming back after our trip, we waited almost 30 minutes for that single shuttle to pick us up. It was standing room only by the time we got near the end of the terminal. Hey Hilton, listen up please, RUN MORE THAN ONE AIRPORT SHUTTLE, okay?

My last gripe was more the attitude of someone I called at the hotel asking a simple question: Whether the hotel shuttle automatically made its rounds, or we specifically had to let them know we were waiting? She said the shuttle made rounds "every fiddy minutes". Fiddy? Is that a word? I asked for clarification.: "Was that every fifty or fifteen minutes?" In a borderline rude voice, she spoke slowly like I was a child. "It.. makes.. rounds.. every.. fiddy.. *fiddy*.. minutes". Well.. okay then, I hope to see the shuttle in fiddy minutes. Jeezus.. if you're going to answer the phone at the Hilton, have the decency to speak English clearly and reserve your attitude.

Overall, the pros outweighed the cons. The hotel's accommodations are very nice and the rooms/public areas are very clean but the extra cost of internet, my experience with the "fiddy" desk person, and the extreme amount of time it took to get to the airport and back would give me pause into looking at other hotels next time we fly out of LAX.

Room Tip: Request a high floor room with a view east. Very well worth it!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

I apologize that your preordered wine had not been awaiting your arrival. Our team should have ensured that the item was ready for your enjoyment. I regret to learn of your disappointed in our internet fee, and hope that this did not leave you with a negative impression.

In regards to our breakfast options, we do have a 24 hour dining option in our Bistro. The Bistro has a variety of breakfast foods, including our delicious breakfast burrito. Next time you are visiting our hotel, be sure to check it out!

Lastly, I'd like to apologize for the lack of hospitality you encountered with our telephone operator. Our team should have been more sensitive to your needs, and answered in a professional and clear tone. If possible, could you please send me a direct email message including the details of the conversation? For example, I need the specific time of day and possible name of the Team member that you encountered. This lack of hospitality is unacceptable, and we would like to correct this immediately.

Again, thank you for your review. I hope that you decide to give Hilton Los Angeles Airport another opportunity. If so, please contact me directly so that I may personally handle your booking.

Aalst
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The room was located on a top floor with a beautifull view however the noise was more annoying then an other airport hotel.
The breakfast was splendid, the pool clean and warm, the jacuzzi's we're lovely because they we're more private because of the 4x4 concept.
If i would have to stay near lax i would stay here again
The free shuttle to LAX was also very usefull

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Laurens T,

I'm glad that you enjoyed the view, but apologize that the noise was an issue for you. Thank you for complimenting our shuttle, dining, and jacuzzi's! We hope to see you next time you are in Los Angeles!

Easton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Loved this hotel for the location - close to the airport and the availability of the shuttle. The room was very quiet in the corner and the room had a coffeemaker. Dinner via room service was excellent.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Anna702013, We are glad that you enjoyed your most recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to review our property, and share your comments about the shuttle and dining.
We hope to see you next time you are in Los Angeles!

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a nice hotel if you are just using it for transiting to and from LAX, as there is not much around the area. The rooms are a good size with a comfy king bed, coffee maker and a small fridge. The bathroom is very small. There is a nice pool area and several other garden areas where you go sit and relax if you wish. The shuttle to LAX was good and we really enjoyed the Shuttle Express service that they have for guests (for a minimal fee) to Manhattan Beach, Manhattan Village and Manhattan Shopping Centre. We ate at the Bistro which was really just an extension of Starbucks, with no atmosphere at all, and the food was ordinary. The Buffet for both dinner and breakfast were reasonable, although I do object to a 15% gratuity when you serve yourself! As there aren't any other options close by, Starbucks seemed to charge whatever price they wanted, although they did make a nice coffee. Would recommend for a one night stay..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Aussieleebee,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback. I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of the Shuttle Express services. Hope to see you soon!

Lilydale, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We used the Hilton as a day time stopover whilst we waited for our connection to Anchorage. The hotel was packed to the rafters with guests checking out when we arrived. We had immediate access to our room which was great. The room was clean and comfortable, but like so many American hotels, there was no provision to make a cup of tea (except to use the coffee water heater). A little hot water jug would make a great difference. Staff were helpful. We incorporated a quick trip into LA and then bailed out a bit early to go to the airport lounge.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Gh0stguest ,

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate your suggestion about the hot water kettle being available in your room. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate you with this during your most recent stay. Please inform me of your next booking so that I may ensure you are provided with the proper materials to make that evening cup of tea.

Harpenden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed here one night in October on my way through LA.
The airport shuttle seemed reasonably frequent although if you were at the last airport stop, you were unable to get a place on the bus I travelled on, which seems to be a common theme in other reviews. The shuttle is also time consuming if you get on early (but LAX taxi's really hate you taking them for airport hotels!)
Check in was efficient and my room was large (and quiet!). The bathroom is tiny, but it had all I needed and was clean.
The food was good and room service very quick.
The hotel is also close to car rental locations.
The price was good, my travel agent got a special weekend deal, which was staggeringly cheap compared to weekdays.
I would consider staying here again if I needed an LAX hotel.

Room Tip: High Floor away from lifts
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hi TandVP,

Thank you for you comments! We appreciate your helpful suggestions, and comments. Please contact me upon your next booking! We look forward to your next visit.

Assistant to the Director of Rooms I Hilton Los Angeles Airport

Been to Hilton Los Angeles Airport? Share your experiences!