“great for a stopover” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Los Angeles Airport

You added Hilton Los Angeles Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5711 West Century Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (LAX Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
WiFi and Breakfast Bundle
Ranked #84 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“great for a stopover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Easy to access from LAX, thanks to the shuttle bus. Surprisingly quiet considering how close it is both to the airport and a major road network. Could use a wider selection of beers at the bar and more seating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Hotel is clean and modern with quite an impressive foyer area.I booked for 2 nights as we had a midnight flight out the following day.Check in is always busy and when our room key wouldnt work had to wait 25 mins to get that fixed which was annoying.If your looking for somewhere to do last minute shopping catch the green line bus right outside and its a 10min ride to a large shopping centre for $1.Breakfast had plenty of variety and food was good.There are lots of takeaways close by if you dont want to eat there.We had a king room overlooking the tarmac good size comfy bed and bathroom was clean and adequate.Being an airport hotel I dont think it has the personal touch as such but its convienent shuttle bus came every 15mins and the staff we did interact with were pleasant.

Port Macquarie, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

we stayed overnight in this hotel before an early morning flight to san francisco. The room was really comfortable and the beds were really comfortable. The room was quite spacious and clean (although there was some wall paper peeling from the wall under the curtain) but we were very happy for the price

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel after arriving into LAX to decompress after flying from Buffalo via N.Y.C. I would recommend to go with the "breakfast included" buffet option when booking. Although the hotel itself is dated and has an obvious exceptionally high turnover, the renovations and upkeep result in a good Hilton standard. For those who are self declared airplane afectionatos, this is a great hotel to watch planes come and go since the high floors facing the runways offer good views of the tarmack. Shuttles are frequent, pool is hotel private with exception to the rooms viewing from above.

Room Tip: although an airport hotel, the noise from planes is minimal.
New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Large, high rise, typical airport hotel -- a bit chaotic at times but 24 hour services to accommodate round the clock arrivals is a plus.

Rooms are adequate, small bathroom needs updating but staff is pleasant and helpful.

Have stayed here several time and shuttle drivers have always been friendly and helpful.  Airport location is the draw but location is convenient in case of meetings in town as there are several routes to avoid LA traffic

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HiltonLAX, Guest Experiences at Hilton Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hi CMMNYC,

Thanks so much for the great review! And thanks for mentioning our staff as well. See you again soon I hope. Let me know if I can help you with any future stays.

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We booked and paid for 2 adjoining rooms for 2 nights at the Hilton LAX Gateway before we left for our US holiday. We have 2 small children, 3 and 4 years old.
Upon our arrival, we were told that there were no adjoining rooms available but we could have two rooms next door to each other. I wasn't happy with that as it meant that we would have to separate our family. I would have to sleep with one of the kids and my husband with the other. I know for some it's crazy but I also feel quite uneasy in LA so knew I would not have a very good nights sleep. I reluctantly agreed though as I didn't really have a choice. To my dismay when we went to find our rooms... the two rooms they allocated for us were not even slightly close to one another. they were on opposite wings!!!! When my husband went down to tell them, they pretty much said "sorry" and that is it!!!
The hotel is also very old. The lobby looks ok but the rooms are small and the bathrooms no more than "shabby". That part though I can deal with but the attitude leave a lot to be desired!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hi NickyTheo,

Thanks very much for the review and useful feedback for our team members. I'm really sorry we dropped the ball in terms of your connecting rooms, but I especially don't want you to have the impression that we don't care about our guests. I hope you'll return to stay here again, and I would encourage you to contact me ahead of time so I can make all the specific arrangements for you and make sure everything goes smoothly. Please contact me any time for any reason, and if you would like to discuss this issue further I'd be happy to do that as well. Take care.

Hamilton, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Just back from a holiday to Mexico and had to stay overnight in LA both going and coming back.
Our travel consultant arranged our accommodation at LAX Hilton.

Only a short shuttle bus trip from the terminals. Surprisingly quite considering how close to the airport.

Good standard hotel and ideally placed for an overnight stay whilst waiting for connections.Upon checking in, first time, the receptionist was rather matter of fact and not particularly helpful. However, upon the return trip the receptionist this time around was extremely friendly and helpful as we wanted to stay in the room past the normal check out time. easily arranged and relatively cheap.

LA Airport is not my favorite place but if you have to stay overnight I would recommend the LAX Hilton.

Hi allannevillenz,

Thanks for the great review and recommendation! We surprise quite a few people with how quiet the hotel can be - if you're looking for the quietest spots, you want to request a room on the north side of the hotel. You can also contact me ahead of time to preassign you according to that request. Thanks again.

Tim.Gilmour@Hilton.com

Been to Hilton Los Angeles Airport? Share your experiences!