“Great Room, Comfortable Beds, Great Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Los Angeles Airport

You added Hilton Los Angeles Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5711 West Century Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (LAX Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
WiFi and Breakfast Bundle
Ranked #81 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
“Great Room, Comfortable Beds, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is the first time we opted to stay on the Executive Floor, and the extra few dollars were well worth it. The room was great, the breakfast in the Executive Floor lounge was very good, the evening appetizers, fruit and vegetable selection was very good, as were the fresh baked cookies. I should also add that the coffee served was very good.

Beds in room were extremely comfortable, and rooms were well furnished. Rooms are quiet as far as Airplane noise.

Hilton offers special parking rates for people staying at the hotel, and some fantastic weekend rates, so check them out. If you are a Gold or Platinum member, they offer free internet, and they also provide bottled water in the room.

This is a second stay at the LAX Hilton, and first on Executive Floor. They are one of our favorite Airport Hotels, and we have found their rates the best in the area for a brand name higher end Hotel. Nice Gym, nice pool, descent restaurants (not inexpensive), but overhaul a great experience.

The Staff at the Los Angeles Airport Hilton continues to go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. Check in was fast, and bags were quickly delivered to room. Check out was also fast.

If you have any concerns during your stay simply have a question ask for Ricardo Catubig at the Front Desk and tell him "Big Daddy G." sent you.

Room Tip: Rooms away from Elevator with view of Airport Runway seem to offer nice view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Cool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is part of a continuing series of my impressions and experiences staying at various hotels and resorts while traveling to attend concerts worldwide. This review is for Hilton Los Angeles Airport.

Property: Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Location: Los Angeles, California
Address: 5711 West Century Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90045
Phone: (855) 271-3621
Website: www.hilton.com
Room Type/Class: Upgraded to Corner Room
Date: February 1-2, 2013
Booking Source: Direct on Hilton.com
Overall Rating: 3.5/5 [Note: Score is totally subjective based on price, location, and comparison to "like" properties within same area and price range]

I choose this hotel as I would be departing from LAX in the morning, and it is fairly close to the airport.

The property offers self-parking, which is always a nice option at any hotel. It is accessible via a side alley and underground, beneath the hotel. They charge $27 per night (valet is $36 per night).

There was a fairly long line for check-in, and I noticed that the non-Hilton Honors line was actually shorter than the HHonors line. Finally when I was the next person in line, though there were five employees behind the desk, none offered to help and all eventually left the area with just one front desk person left. I was eventually helped and given a room key.

When I went up to the room, I found that the room I was assigned was actually being cleaned, door propped open and linen all over the floor, but no housekeeper.

I went back down to get another room, and though I didn't really complain about it (I was actually in a hurry to just check in and leave), the front desk person apologized and assigned me to a room "twice as big" and a corner room.

The room was very large, with a great view of part of the airport. Everything was up to Hilton standards, and the room included a desk, dresser, flat panel TV, coffee maker, and large closet with electronic safe.

The room had good sound isolation (even being close to LAX) and was very quiet and the bed was comfortable.

The hotel itself is definitely geared toward conferences and the like, with many conference rooms and what not.

Once checked in and assigned the room, everything went smooth and my short stay was otherwise uneventful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed here when we arrived in LA for one night. The hotel was just what you would expect for a Hilton, good sized rooms, good amenities, comfy bed etc.
Breakfast was delicious, lots of choice.
Concierge was really helpful - gave us good advise on getting to the car rentals, looked after our bags while we went on a tour for the day.
Very close to the airport, but wasn't disturbed by the noise.
I also got a cake and a card for my birthday which was a really nice touch!
We stayed again when we arrived back from Vegas - consistent quality.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonLAX, Guest Experiences at Hilton Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Hi mamacoupe,

Thanks for the great review and perfect score! I hope we'll see you again next time you're in the area. Let me know if there's anything at all I can help you with. Take care.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Overnighting before an early flight to NYC, a terrific hotel. Had to return my rental car - the Dollar Car Rental shuttle wasn't allowed to drop me back at the hotel, but it was only a 10 minute brisk walk - no problem. Left my power converter in the bathroom and would have appreciated if the hotel had emailed me and offered to send it on, but that was probably asking a bit too much.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hi epsc,

Thanks so much for the perfect score! Glad you liked the hotel. If you contact me or call the hotel at (310) 410-4000, we may still be able to locate your missing item. Thanks again.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

From the time we arrived until we left we received excellent treatment.
Excellent value for money.
We arrived several hours early and did not expect,but were grateful for,an early check-in.
Excellent breakfast.
Great team effort,undoubtedly driven from the top...........good news is that it has filtered all the way down the establishment.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonLAX, Guest Experiences at Hilton Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Hi drdog1,

Thanks so much for the great review and perfect score! We try to check guests in as early as rooms are available, so I'm glad you didn't have to wait. Hope you'll see us again soon! Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here for a friends wedding. When we checked in our hotel had a very tiny window and the shower drain did not work. I called downstairs and they agreed to move us. I went down stairs and got the new key and moved my stuff to the new room (they said they would move my stuff which was nice, but we only had two bags) and then we moved.... and the new room was dirty. There were towels and dirty cups all over the room. I called down stairs again and they sent someone up with keys and moved me again. This third room was ok. Nothing spectacular but had a king bed and a good size bathroom. They did apologize for the inconvenience of the rooms but it was a real hassle.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Hi Paula C,

Thanks a lot for the review! I'm really sorry for the room changes and I hope you like the room you ended up in. That should never happen. Let me know next time you are heading our way and I'll make sure your room is in order.

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Look it is a Hilton so you expect to pay a little more than other hotels. But it is INCREDIBLY close to the airport and the planes are VERY loud. The rooms are about what I'd expect at a Comfort Suites or maybe even Homewood, but not a Hilton. Just average. The valet is $30 bucks but you don't know this until well after you turn over your keys Maybe average for a downtown LA hotel, but still, not worth it. Honestly, there were zero extras at this hotel and it was just average in appearance. Nothing dirty, broken or ugly, but still not top notch quality.

Room Tip: Only stay here if you are Hilton Honors memeber and will benefit from spending the money, other than...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HiltonLAX, Guest Experiences at Hilton Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Hi Dan W,

Thanks for the nice review! I understand your rate concerns, although there are ways to get better rates. Certain days are cheaper, prepaid rates, etc. Or just call the hotel at (310) 410 - 4000 and our in-house reservations agent can advise you as well. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you.

Tim.Gilmour@Hilton.com

Been to Hilton Los Angeles Airport? Share your experiences!