“Excellent Doner Kebabs, Great Beer Selection” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,430 of 8,660 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Turkish
Los Angeles
“Excellent Doner Kebabs, Great Beer Selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This place just opened up in my neighborhood and I love it. The Doner Kebabs are tangy and flavorful and they've got a great selection of Craft Beers. My friend ordered the Sangria and said that was excellent as well. I loved the design of the place, with its open patio, shuffleboard table, and graffiti style art on the walls. Los Feliz needs more places like this.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Richfield
“Great Place to go with Remy, Jason and Kyle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Had a great time

The food was really tasty, and left us very happy. Every bit of the meal was good. The atmosphere was very down to earth but upscale enough that most anyone would be comfortable there.

Price was fine - 5 of us ate dinner for less than $100

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo,NY
“In search of the perfect Doner.....still searching”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

While I was on a business trip to California, I took one of my off days and drove to LA for the day, while I spent the morning doing some of the obligatory tourist traps for lunch I pulled out my cellphone, jumped online and decided I would look for somewhere I could get a decent Doner Kebab.

Now i'm English, and back home in the UK Doner Kebabs are as common as fish and chips ( and normally served side by side ), mostly its Greek and Turkish restaurants / takeouts that serve them but they're common, and while they of course vary in quality Its one of the biggest ( food items ) I miss from home.

And so while I live in Buffalo NY and there is nowhere near me that serves that perfect Doner Kebab like I would get back home ( a couple of places have been close ), whenever I travel outside of Buffalo I make it a point to at least once, wherever I am to try and see if I can find that elusive Doner.

So when I did a search near to me using my google maps, imagine my delight when Spitz came up, with the tagline "home of the Doner", I made my way in my rental car and parked up just outside around lunchtime, I walked in and it wasn't particularly busy, greeted by a young gentleman he took my order and I sat outside ( its kind of a casual dining atmosphere ).

I ordered the "Classic Doner" with a side of Pita Strips and Hummus, after about 10 minutes it came, served in a basket with a handful of Pita Strips, I couldn't wait to bite into it and when I did....disappointment, while not bad and tasty enough, it wasn't even close to what I expect a "Doner Kebab" to be, the meat wasn't tender enough and there was far too high a vegetable to meat ratio where it should be the other way around, however one surprise was the Pita strips, they were amazing and so tasty with a perfect amount of seasoning with some very tasty Hummus on the side.

Overall I was disappointed, I didn't get chance to return to sample some of the other dishes on the menu, and it seems as though there is a diverse selection of food items to choose from, and it wasn't that expensive ( especially for LA ) being quite tasty for about $10 bucks.

"Home of the Doner Kebab" it is not, but if you're not looking for the same thing as me and looking for just a nice mediterranean place to eat thats casual and inexpensive then this might just be for you....however my search continues !!! :(

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles
“Simple Food, Complex Flavor!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Though its just a simple little restaurant with a small menu this place makes some really fantastic and unique food!! Using mostle Greek/Medeterrainian/Middle Eastern ingredients in some inventive ways with a simple presentation in an unassuming environment seems to be their perfectly balanced formula for a really great lunch!

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Good food, nice outdoor seating area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

Chicken Doner was my favorite. Nice little patio with small tables for outside eating. Limited menu but good focus on Mediterranean specialities.

• Visited April 2011