“Average Food, not worth the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pecorino

Pecorino
11604 San Vicente Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90049 (Westside)
(310) 571-3800
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pecorino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #477 of 8,558 restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Westside
Cross street: Barrington & Wilshire
“Average Food, not worth the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

You first judge an Italian restaurant by the bread. This was just average. I had to ask for olive oil to dip it in, for which they brought the big bottle to the table (looks like they just took it from the kitchen). I had a little plate of arugula for $14 and spaghetti for $18. Again, just average. I don't mind paying those kind of prices if something is really delicious, but it just wasn't that great. I must say the ambience was nice and the service attentive, but it seemed like one of those places that slaps high prices on everything to make you think you're getting something special. Save your money and your calories for better value.

71% Recommend
Woodland Hills
“Great luncheon spot for a birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

Brilliant dishes, great ambiance, wine selection and service. We will return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calabasas, California
“The BEST Authentic Cuisine in Los Angeles!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Wow, Finally, the one that did it right! Not only was the ambiance perfect, the enviornment sublime (I saw both Robert Downey and Harrison Ford there, separate tables), but the food was simply to Die for! The Filet of Sole crusted in thinly sliced vegetables in parchment paper was extraordinary, the Fava Bean Soup (more of a puree really) was out of this world, the Pasta Pepe Pecorino was so simple yet the burst of flavors unimaginable! Desert. Mille Foglie, fresh Strawberries, Strawberry mousse and almond crisps all layered and decadent. Wine selection was optimum and this is quite frankly the Best dining experience I have ever had in Los Angeles!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Denver
“Best Italian I've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

This is my favorite Italian restaurant in the US. Sure I haven't tried them all but I estimate I have been to at least 75 Italian restaurants in the US and Abroad in the past 10 years, and this is my favorite.

Mario is always a welcoming host and I have multiple things on the menu that I love. Though the service can be touch & go, especially for new staff, I always feel taken care of.

My favorite thing on the menu is the filet with shallot sauce. Better than any steakhouse I've been to. It's absolutely perfectly cooked medium-rare and covered in the tastiest sauce imaginable. Add in the side of mashed potatoes and you've got the best dish in the house.

If you're not in the mood for steak there are always the go to dishes of Penne Pecorino and Lasagna, two of my other favorites on the menu. I always start my meals with the arugala salad with pecorino, which seems fitting.

Some have complained that the portions are small. I must counter that the Lasagna portion seems quite large and the starters are as well. It is only the pasta dishes that are small but this is the way it is actually done from my experiences in Italy.

This is also the quietest of the local Brentwood Italian restaurants because they have carpeting and drapes to reduce noise.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Authentic Italian in Brentwood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Brentwood has no shortage of wonderful Italian restaurants, but the food at Pecorino reminded me so much of the restaurants we discovered while on a recent trip to Tuscany. We started with the squash blossoms which melt in your mouth, then moved on to the extremely light risotto, before moving on to the chicken milanese. The staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating, and we will definitely return.