“Nice Hotel, Good Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills

You added Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills to your Saves list
Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21850 Oxnard Street, Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, CA 91367 (South San Fernando Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #59 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Nice Hotel, Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This hotel itself was very nice. Nice facilities, including pool area, and nice lounge in the lobby, and there is an indoor pool. In the lobby there is a Starbucks and a gift store adjacent to it. The rooms were of ok size and were pleasant. But it is noticeable enough to mention that the staff were strict. One example was not allowing us to order pizza for our softball team of 10 year old girls to be brought in the lobby or pool area where our girls were playing with either each other, unless we took the pizza upstairs to our individual rooms. Well half of the fun on a softball team during all - star season is enjoying the experience together as a team. I left the lobby quite frustrated that they would not accommodate us, as it was the first time we have been turned down for food by a hotel. I was on the phone canceling my order when a hotel employee approached me and made accommodations for our team to eat together. I truly appreciated what they did and it made our stay that more memorable. Lighten up Marriott, this is a nice place and allow people to enjoy it. We had twelve families occupy your hotel. But thanks for assisting me and our team. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Always clean, pleasant stay, with connecting rooms for families. Recommend the buffet breakfast. Kids enjoy the indoor pool. There's also an outdoor pool. Mall across the street has great theaters. Maggiano's has good family style food. And, there is a Macy's if you forgot or need a clothing item.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel over 15 times. I was very disappointed with the attitude of the staff. Every time I stayed there was an issue that was not addressed. I quit staying there for 4 months and decided to give them one more try. I was shocked when I checked in and I was upgraded to a suite. I have platinum status and never have gotten an upgrade before. The staff even sent me a fruit plate and bottled water to my suite and a welcome back card signed by the front desk staff.

This was the best customer service I have ever experienced at a Marriott. I have already booked another night next weekend.

Room Tip: Pick a room on a high floor overlooking the park
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
LA area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Just spent Fathers Day weekend here. Husband is a Gold Elite member (or something like that), so we got a couple of upgrades.

It is a busy hotel. Friendly staff. Lots of families since this hotel has a pool and nearby Hilton does not.

The only thing I found strange was that dogs were allowed in the restaurant? What??? I am a dog owner myself, but would never bring my dog inside a restaurant.
a couple sat their little dog on a chair at the table next to us. I thought it strange and unhealthy.

They charge for internet which is ridiculous. Starbucks in lobby is a bonus. Rooms are clean.

Stayed June 2014
WarnerCenterMarriott, Manager at Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear petesmom1,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us - and for being a Marriott Rewards Member. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our staff and facilities during your stay. As a pet-friendly hotel, we do allow pets on property, however; only service dogs are allowed in our restaurant. Also, we do charge for internet access in guestrooms, like all major-branded full-service hotels, however, for your convenience, we offer complimentary high speed internet access in our lobby and Greatroom areas.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you and your family back to the property again soon!

Natalie Terceman
Associate Sales & Marketing Manager
Malibu, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We rented our house for the weekend, and picked this hotel to stay in because we wanted something reasonably priced, and close to home. I will say the staff was friendly, and eager to please - but often confused. The hotel accepts pets, but not one staff member could confirm if the hotel provided pet food bowels (which they don't), and only one bell man knew the hotel had poopy bags and where to find them... so if he wasn't on staff we were out of luck.
The room was a basic room with a king bed. Nothing special, limited number of towels, and rock hard pillows.
The hotel charges $22 for parking plus $2 tax - they don't tell you this when you book, they also charge $12.95 /day for internet! Didn't charging for internet go out like four years ago?
The absolute worst part of our stay was the lovely sign posted at both entrances of the pool (picture attached) It pretty much made us ask WHY??? post such a thing, and Is it safe to get in the pool???

Room Tip: As for a floor high up - otherwise you will have a view of a parking garage.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
WCMGM, General Manager at Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Mskatia1,

Thank you for your review regarding your last stay with us. We appreciate your comments, as input such as yours will ultimately help us better serve our valued guests.

While I am happy that you found our staff friendly and eager to please, I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. We will definitely re-familiarize the staff with our pet policies and offerings, and look into the pillow in your room. We are one of the only full-service Hotels in the area that accepts pets by the way and many of the pillows are brand new. Like all major-branded full service Hotels, we do charge for internet access in your guestroom, but we do have Free HSIA in our lobby and other public areas. Also, like all the full-service Hotels in this area, and even some limited-service, we do charge for parking. All of these charges are listed on our website. Finally the sign, unfortunately, it is required by the Health Dept. that we post that exact wording, with letters one-inch high, at the entrances to the pool. We would love to not have them there, but any pool you see that do not have them displayed is in violation, like we were for many months after it was mandated.

Again, thank you for your comments and thank you for staying with us!

Clay Andrews
Pacifica, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

It's a Marriott so it is what you would expect. But if you are allergic to dogs run very fast the other way. I checked in to my king room, went in and immediately smelled a strong odor of dog pee.

Back to the front desk where they said "it's our quiet floor, no dogs allowed, we are all booked, blah blah". The upshot is I would probably have had a near death experience in the dog pee room, but they had no rooms to spare. After giving the front desk my own hang dog look they found a double bed for me. Not what I paid for but I was dog tired so I quit my yapping acquiesced...

Then I noticed that there were dogs EVERYWHERE in the lobby. Stifling a sneeze I ran out for steak.

Again, it is a marriott. And I did end up in a non stinky room. But still... It isn't my first choice in this part of the world anymore..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I picked this hotel because it was near CSU Northridge. Our stay was fantastic. Very courteous staff from valet to front desk to servers in restaurant. Wish I had more time to explore the area and shopping center across the street. Don't let the distance from Downtown LA dissuade you. Bus to Metro is 45 min on a "Bus Only" street.

Stayed May 2014

Been to Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills? Share your experiences!