“Pretty Good for San Fernando Valley” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills

You added Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills to your Saves list
Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21850 Oxnard Street, Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, CA 91367 (South San Fernando Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #59 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Los Angeles
“Pretty Good for San Fernando Valley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Needed a place to stay for one night as a means to an end. Not too many choices in the Valley that I know of. Valet was helpful as I wanted to park my own car. Check in was easy. Conceriege was a bit shifty but friendly. Room was well appointed. Best part of stay was a Starbucks in the lobby. At $230 for the night, I thought a little pricey but I could have found something cheaper. All in all, I would recommend but not as a vacation destination.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Colchester, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Nice Marriott in good location - near highway, close to Malibu. Spacious, rooms with comfy bed and nice pillows. Great service provided by the employees - from the valet parking guys to door holders, to the check in / front desk to the bartendresses and cleaning crews. However, watch out - parking lot parking is not free for guests or Marriott members and in-room WiFi/Internet access is at ~$13/day which is a rip off (they'll let you know it's free in the lobby - ho-boy...who wants to work in the lobby?). And now, I'm on my way to the Marriott Airport at DTW and they offer FREE WiFi. Wish there was a consistent pricing system across the brand.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Park City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

The good: nice room, comfortable bed, cheery breakfast room and good breakfast. Lacking and not so good: no room safe, no mini bar, very limited dinner menu, expensive valet parking with long wait to get the car. Often large parties crowding the lobby. No spa, no Massage

• Stayed May 2013
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We have a major training in the valley every year and we've stayed at the Hilton in the past which was good however this Marriott definatly surpasses that! 1st the front dest was great at organizing our group of 150 and they made sure to keep security tight! We have a lot of valuable equipment!

The breakfast they had available was delicious! Fresh made omletts and great hot spread! All cereals and yummy muffins and bagels! All you could ask for including fresh and delicious fruit!

Another great feature was the Starbucks right in the lobby! Extremely convenient! As well as the huge mall across the street with different resturant options and decent shopping! There's also massage envy not far for a relaxing evening!

The garage was convenient with a small walk to hotel and they vouchured the cost for us! Great plus!

Staff was extremely helpfull and I would definatly stay again!

• Stayed January 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed at the Warner Center Marriott for a recent trip in May for a wedding we were attending. The front desk personnel, bell hops, valets, and housekeeping did a fantastic job during our stay. Everyone was friendly and helpful! The room we had on the 11th floor was pretty standard Marriott. The only issue we would advise management of would be in the dining area. We had breakfast there once, and that was enough. The place was understaffed and the food horrendous...there should defiantly be an overhaul to the entire selection of hot food...the breakfast potatoes were overcooked tater tots....really....come on....they were so disgusting!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed for business and have been here several times within the last few years. When I am travelling and working in the area I prefer to stay here. The hotel is modern, clean and very safe. Work out room is great and has an indoor pool. Gift shop has some awesome items and sell Brighton products at a decent price. Food was good, and staff go out of the way for you. I am always looking a safe area and this is a great one. If you are looking for a family friendly hotel and bring your kids along on your trips, this is also a good spot. Mall with cinema across the street and many restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Monterey, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I regret having to write such a poor review, but I feel it necessary to warn others of the policies in place under current management.

I have stayed at this particular Marriott many, many times and have enjoyed my stays, raving about the hotel. In fact, this very day I had just posted a positive review about Breeze Grill (Amazing!) and how great the Mother's Day Brunch was... even though, the night before, I was kept up until 2:00 AM because of noisy teenagers on the 3rd and 4th floors, but, here's what happened:

Because of getting so little sleep the night before, I'd gone to bed early and was sound asleep when about 10:00 PM the hotel room phone rang. It was the manager, Anthony, saying that my $100.00 deposit wasn't enough to cover recent incidental room charges - the brunch etc and the card transaction did not go through.through. He needed me to make good on these charges immediately with cash or another credit card.

I was caught off guard. I am used to paying for my room in advance, which I had, and providing them with my card number for other charges (done), and settling up with them on checkout, so I didn't understand the urgency.

He was adamant, but I refused, telling him that I was exhausted and I'd settle up in the morning. He remained adamant about it. I said, "No, not now", again, adding "unless he wants to kick me out of the room" - He said that would be fine, that I would have to leave. Excuse me?

Minutes later, Anthony and the security guard were at my door. I didn't let Anthony speak much, but stated my position - very clearly.

Again, he asked if I had another method of payment. "Yes, I could give you another card, or cash, but, no", it's become a matter of principle. You will get your money in the morning.

He finally agreed.

Unbelievable! I plan to take this up with his boss, Clay Andrews, in the morning. Too bad... I really enjoyed my other stays but this incident is making me rethink staying here ever again.

Beware.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills? Share your experiences!