“The service and welcoming atmosphere at this hotel is great.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #44 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
McPherson, Kansas
“The service and welcoming atmosphere at this hotel is great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

I travel regularly for business and always look forward to coming back to the Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles where I feel very welcomed by the staff, many of whom, like Eduardo Villanueva at the Front Desk, even remember my name. Everyone from the Valet parking, Front Desk, Concierge Lounge, and Breakfast restaurant staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable, I can always depend on a good night's sleep. The fitness room is also well appointed, however, it can sometimes be hard to get a machine in the early morning hours when everyone is trying to get in a workout before leaving for the day.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Francois_Khoury, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills, responded to this review, October 25, 2010
Veaton- thank you for your review and four stars. I was happy to read you enjoy your visits and find the staff friendly and helpful. I have shared your comments with Eduardo as well as the staff in the Concierge Lounge, Valet Parking and the Restaurant. Our Director of Housekeeping will also be happy to know that you find our rooms clean and comfortable. I apologize that you sometimes have to wait a bit longer to get in a workout. We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to your next arrival! Francois Khoury, General Manager

676 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Calabasas, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Checked in late at night and was granted a complimentary suite upgrade even though I hadn't stayed at a Hilton in years.
Staff was very pleasant and helpful.
Rooms were clean, water was hot, water pressure good and free buffet was above average.
Parking was $14 per night...I still feel parking charges like this are a ripoff
I would stay here again if given the choice.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Francois_Khoury, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills, responded to this review, October 15, 2010
Fubar4 – thank you for your review and 4 stars. I was happy to read you enjoyed your visit and found the hotel clean and the staff friendly. I will be sure to share your comments with the front office and restaurant. The chef will also be happy to see his food was above average. Many thank s and come back soon.
Francois Khoury, General Manager
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We enjoyed staying at this very convenient Hilton location in Canoga Park. It's kind of hidden, but in a key spot. Easy to find and near lots of restaurants and shopping! We stayed close to family nearby and it was great!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Francois_Khoury, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills, responded to this review, October 14, 2010
Mominmaryland2010 - Thank you for the review and five stars. I am glad you got to experience how convenient we are to most venues and as you said a very key spot. I was happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Come back and visit soon!
Francois Khoury,General Manager
Orange County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

THe front desk staff is wonderful, they know me by name and provide the BEST service!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Francois_Khoury, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
Kworangecounty – thank you for your review and 5 stars. I am glad to read you had a warm welcome. I will be sure to share your comments with the front desk staff. They will be thrilled.
Warm Regards, Francois Khoury, General Manager
Henderson, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

I stay at this Hilton twice a year. The room smelled of mold and if I ahd been staying more than one night i would have requested a new room. I had to use my ashtma inhaler several times at night.

• Stayed October 2010
Francois_Khoury, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills, responded to this review, October 8, 2010
HeleneG51 - We take our customers’ feedback very seriously, and want to thank you for you feedback. I apologize that your guest rooms did not have a fresh smell. I have shared your comments with our Director of Housekeeping and please know we continually strive to maintain our property so our guests have a pleasant stay. We hope you will reconsider and stay with us again when your travel plans bring you back to Woodland Hills.

Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights, about the only good thing I can say was the Valet and the Bellmen were very nice. The front desk staff were mostly quite rude especially "Patricia". We called and asked for a map of the surrounding area and were told to come to the desk and get one if we wanted it, they were not going to do anything to accomodate, usually if you call the desk for anything they send someone up to your room to bring it to you, not here, you have to go to the desk wait in line for it. RUDE!! Housekeeping was the worse. Seemed like everytime we left our rooms and came back we had to have our room cards reprogrammed. When asked why this kept happening we were told "it could be a million different things" . Good answer Hilton!! We did the self parking which didn't work most of the time and had to get that card replaced twice. More inconvenience than convenience. Houseleepink took all the linens off the bed and didn't replace them for three hours, had to ask them to empty the trash not once but twice. Then at the end of our stay seems they found an additional $100 to add to our bill for "incidentals". Too bad we couldn't charge them for all the incidentals they caused, they would have ended up paying for our stay. Definitely won't recommend this place to friends!! Also if you are going to allow pets, someone should pick up after the dogs if the owner isn't, stepped in dog poop twice walking across the grass in the front. BEWARE OF THE LAND MINES!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Francois_Khoury, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills, responded to this review, September 28, 2010
Dear Roadlesstraveled13 :

I am sorry about your experience with our front desk person whom you think was rude about not delivering a map to you in your guestroom. My sincere apology. I also want to apologize for the inconvenience that your room keys didn't work. One thing that could help us is that people don't put the room keys next to cell phone which may demagnetize the room key. I appreciate your compliments for the valet and bellmen. Thank you for spending $66 in incidentals for 2 days. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to serve you better in next opporutunity.
new jersey, US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

We stayed for 2 nights and we are a little bit underwhelmed. The hotel needs a major renovation. Though the room we stayed has an LCD TV and the view is fine, it is more like a hampton inn rather than a Hilton. Since it is a Hilton, so they charge a fee for interenet access. But the wireless connection is so poor that we constantly had to reconnect and the speed is almost like a dialup. When we switched to the wired internet access, they charged us twice for the same day. The ice machine on 8th floor is broken. We will find a better option next time.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Francois_Khoury, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills, responded to this review, September 13, 2010
laopu - thank you for taking your time and letting us know about your most recent experience. I apologize that the guest room and speed of HSIA was not up to your satisfaction. It is with comments like yours that we are able to make improvements on the products and services we provide for our guests. Once again, thank you.

Francois Khoury

Been to Hilton Woodland Hills? Share your experiences!