“update” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 318 hotels in Los Angeles
JACKSON, MS
“update”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

In march I stayed at the hotel again, I got one of the remodeled rooms.
And let me tell you they are pretty great. They are minimalist and very modern,
But much to my surprise today 04/12/13 I checked in and I asked for
A remodeled room , and they told me that there are only 3 remodeled rooms
In the whole hotel and they were not available. Who knows when they are
Going to remodel all the rooms.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

621 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

As I arrived at the hotel, I noticed that some rooms in the front had curved balconies. I love when a room has a balcony. So when I got to the front desk, I requested one. They said they could put me in one, however it wasn't ready yet. That was ok because I had a meeting to go to anyway.

When I came back to the hotel, my room was ready and I love the balcony. It has a small table and chairs to enjoy morning coffee or room service. Great of the hills.

Unfortunately it was very windy the 2 days I was there and I had to weigh down my papers when I worked on the balcony.

Parking was a little strange, slightly confusing.

Executive lounge was comfortable, food was well prepared (I like my eggs cooked more, not runny as most hotels serve).

All in all, I enjoyed my stay. Will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013
Babette S, Director of Food and Beverage at Hilton Woodland Hills, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Jon H.

Welcome back to the hotel and for your comments on tripadvisor. I have to agree the balconies are a nice touch and it was unfortunate you were here during our "hurricane" force winds but other than the winds we can't complain about our beautiful California weather!! It is always appreciated when our guest comment on their stay and as the director of food and beverage it was nice to hear that the eggs were cooked to your liking in the excecutive lounge!! See you soon ~
Wemyss Bay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Service in executive lounge was excellent, Laura , who remembered me from several months before, gave me breakfast choice without prompting,excellent. Rosie, concierge, superb, very attentive , very aware of guests needs, excellent. Naseem in restaurant and bar, very aware of guest needs and wants, very personable, great asset to hotel, well done.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LizD925,

It is always a pleasure to read about our guests' experiences during their stay and I must say I was pleased to see the food and beverage team respond to your needs. It is guest like yourself that allows us to focus in on specific training issues and then to see the traiing pay off! We all look forward to your return visit to the valley and our hotel ~
Wemyss Bay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was a return vacation trip for my wife and I, though I have used the hotel on many occasions for business purposes over the past several years. The service was Great in many areas, but absolutely superb from the concierge staff, Laura at breakfast and Rosie in the evening. Also deserving special mention are Danny on the valet parking staff, always cheerful and welcoming, and Naseem, who popped up in the Bar and Restaurant. A very grateful thanks to Babette for the special welcome on the first day of our vacation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 837David837,

It is always great to welcome our return guest especially when their visit is leisure rather than business knowing that you get to enjoy the California sites. On behalf of our entire hotel thank you for highlighting staff in various departments for their service excellence! We truly have great employees who enjoy what they do and that is welcoming guest back like you and your lovely wife. We look forward to your return visit!!
NYC, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at this location three years ago. Recently stayed again for a three night stay for a family event.

PROS: Location is good (shops and restaurants nearby). Two computers and printers available in lobby (free to use). Rooms are large, basic and clean. Large bath towels, good shower pressure. Coffee maker, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, plenty of small-ish pillows on bed. Peter Thomas Roth toiletries were nice.

CONS: STILL no safes in the room! Bathroom floor and tub can be slippery when wet, but there was a rubber mat for use (it disappeared one night and was returned the next). The clock radio didn't have the correct time (it's the little details...). Bathroom had a single sink. The walls were still very thin - I could hear doors slamming and people talking. The phone rang in the other room and I went to the phone thinking it was ours.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Carlos L, Front Office Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Milril44,
I would like to thank you for returning to our Hilton Woodland Hills. We truly appreciate your comments. With our milti-million hotel renovation due to begin soon, we will have a more modern product that will include safes in the rooms and refrigerators, amongst other state ofm the art in room amenities.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Hillsborough, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

When it comes to customer service, please consider the Woodland Hills Hilton in Woodland Hills, CA. They will be going through a renovation in the fall so will have a new look to the hotel. Regardless, the customer service is amazing from the valet staff, to the front desk to the bookkeeping person to the Hotel Manager. All are welcoming, eager to please and make your stay that much more special.

Beth Pascal

Room Tip: We prefer rooms away from the elevator as people are exiting the elevator, it can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Kudos to Joanie Allen, Catering Manager of the Hilton Woodland Hills for her meticulous planning of our annual family reunion! It was our first time at the property but over 50 relatives decided this is our new annual home. Not only was Joanie attentive and responsive to each of our needs, she was thinking well ahead to plan special extras that made the event so successful! Setting aside special room to allow mingling, suggesting a fabulous menu and in particular orchestrating the most attentive staff made all the difference! Special thanks to Rosie and Anthony for their respectful and prompt service.

Room Tip: We did not use any rooms this time around, but parking was easy and the location for family from thr...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Babette S, Director of Food and Beverage at Hilton Woodland Hills, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Carrie R.,

Thank you for your recent comments to acknowledge Joanie and staff on planning a great reunion. We were all delighted to read it was a success and appreciate your kind comments. We look forward to having your family as part of the "Hilton Family" and know that you are in good hands ~ see you soon!

Been to Hilton Woodland Hills? Share your experiences!