“Worst Hotel of All Time” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles

You added Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles to your Saves list
Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6360 Canoga Avenue, Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, CA 91367 (Formerly Hilton Woodland Hills)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #79 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Belcamp, Maryland
“Worst Hotel of All Time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2008

I booked a King room and they gave me a room with two twin beds. The front desk told me they were out of King rooms and couldn't give me one. However, if I wanted to pay additional fees they would put me in a room with a King bed.

That is confusing to say the least and I have never encountered this at any other hotel.

They also failed to help give any information about the confusing parking at this hotel.

I was appalled by the squeaky springs in the bed and the loudest flushing toilet I have ever heard.

Overall this was a terrible night,I got no sleep in the dorm sized bed the night before my best friends wedding. I will never stay at any Hilton again.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2008

I thought this hotel was great, to be honest. But I have since discovered a bed bug infestation in my apartment. I have not stayed ANYWHERE else in the past 6 months, other than with family who have confirmed they don't have bed bugs.

I called to ask management if they've ever had bed bug infestations and they said they hadn't. Then I read the older review from June about them. Hotels lie, lie, lie!

I don't know, you can get bed bugs at any hotel apparently. But let's just say I won't be staying here again.

:(...

• Disliked — bed bug infestation
  • Stayed December 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

Hotel staff could not "find" my reservation. I booked a night at $109 online and they would not honor that price. Instead they wanted to charge $179. When I asked to speak to a manger, both girls at the desk laughed in my face. I ended up staying in a much nicer and friendlier hotel nearby. I have stayed at the Hilton Woodland Hills with my family several times in the past couple of years, but after this experience I will not stay there again and do not recommend it to others.

• Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2008

Incredibly loud heat/air... big boom every time it turned on or off all night long.

Stayed January 2008
Berkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2008

We stayed in the Hilton Woodland Hills for two nights whilst touring California. We used it as a base to visit LA.

Hotel check in and reception staff were first class. Very quick and efficient. Good size room. Air conditioning unit was a little noisy. The hotel was generally in a good state of repair. Parking is to the rear of the hotel in a multu-storey car park. It's a few minutes walk, so it's a good idea to drop off any luggage at the hotel before parking.

The restaurant always seemed totally empty, so it put us off going in there.

In general the hotel was clean, rooms were a good size, staff were efficient and we felt that our stay was good value.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2007

I was in LA for a training class and the company arranged my stay at the Hilton in Woodland Hills. The hotel is clean. The employees are helpful. My bed is very comfortable, the sheets are high quality. The temperature of the room is easy to control. There is no free high speed internet access. I am a Hilton Hhonors member and expected to get that service for free, but I was informed that it was still $9.95 a day. I think that is rediculous for a hotel that is supposed to be for business travelers. The restaurant is adequate. There is a bar onsite with entertainment some nights. I read in the hotel directory that there is lounge with breakfast and happy hour for hilton hhonors members on the 14th floor, but when I called to asked about it, it was only for gold or platinum members. Why would you advertise that if it was only for the select few? If I had to pay for my stay here, I certainly wouldn't choose it. There must be places just as comfortable that offer more for the business traveler.

• Liked — comfortable room
  • Disliked — internet
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2007

The staff was very pleasent and the rooms were very clean.The price per night was great considering it was Labor Day weekend. The Valet staff and housekeeping were very accomedating and friendly. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Liked — The hotel gives you a daily pass to use at the LA Fitness facilities right across the street
  • Disliked — We had a tempermental thermostat.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles? Share your experiences!