“Best hotel staff, clean, updated” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Woodland Hills

You added Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Woodland Hills to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Woodland Hills
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21101 Ventura Blvd, Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, CA 91364 (Formerly Holiday Inn Woodland Hills-Warner Center)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #53 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Jersey
“Best hotel staff, clean, updated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

There is not a better more friendly staff than at this Marriott-I'm on about day 10 in a hotel, and what a warm welcoming place! Everyone from the front desk to the bistro, everyone you come in contact with is pleasant and eager to help.

The bistro food was great, I had the chicken tacos for dinner which were tasty, and literally the best breakfast sandwich I've ever had in the am-The Healthy Start-English muffin with egg whites, spinach, havarti cheese and turkey. Seriously delicious, will eat it every morning I'm here.

Parking is $10/day but that's not too bad. Don't get turned off by the exterior, it's nice, but looks from the side like an old holiday inn and on a busy street. Once inside, you walk into calm, warm and welcoming-you will not be disappointed!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Shannon L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Serversandheller ~

My name is Shannon and I am the General Manager her eat the Courtyard in Woodland Hills. Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to give us such a great review! I believe we had the chance to chat while you were here and coming from a road warrior like you this is high praise indeed! My team strives to provide the level of service you described. I am glad you enjoyed the staff and our Bistro fare. We look forward to having you again as our guest!

Shannon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

At check-in, the Front Desk Manager was very friendly and professional. Stayed in the executive room and really liked the room. The room was smartly designed and well laid out. It was much better than the typical hotel room.
The room was very clean and thought the room was cleaner than the five star hotels.
The Bistro restaurant is nice and the staff were very polite ans service was terrific.
Every time I walked by the front desk, someone at the hotel was saying Good Morning.
Between the cleanliness of the hotel, staff members remembering my name, good consistent service, I felt this property had service levels that exceed five star resorts.
The GM at the property is Shannon Labbe and sent me an email prior to my check-in to ensure guest comfort was a high priority and wanted to make sure I felt welcomed. Compared to other Marriott properties, the GM's are all focused on the bottom line with all the typical "cheap tricks" that I notice to improve their bottom line, yet Shannon stood out as guest comfort was the priority, hence a healthy bottom line for this hotel. This is a very different Marriott property that far exceeds other Marriott properties since I am Marriott Platinum.

Room Tip: Get the executive room. For an extra $10, it is worth the upgrade. The room is very spacious and m...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Shannon L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Todd ~

Thank you again so much for your kind words and for taking the time to review us. As I expressed the team here at the Courtyard Woodland Hills thrives on ensuring each of our guests enjoy their stay with us. I am glad we got the chance to meet before you left yesterday and look forward to having you stay with us again!

Shannon Labbe
Brantford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Perfect location for us - walking distance for restaurants and shops. Friendly neighbourhood close to the highway. Nothing fancy but clean and not too big. Great breakfast and friendly staff - the girls who served us breakfast were always friendly and courteous. Free wifi - no room service and limited menu but lots of options close by. Room was always clean - thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Shannon L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
EMA001 ~

My name is Shannon and I am the General Manager here at the Courtyard by Marriott Woodland Hills. Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to review the property. I am glad to hear our location was perfect for you. We are close to many resturaunts if you dont happen to find exactly what you are looking for from our Bistro. I am slo happy that Iris and Jessica in the Bistro took such great care of you. We strive to ensure all of our guest have a friendly memorable experience here at the Courtyard Woodland Hills. I look for ward to having you again as our guest!

Sincerely

Shannon Labbe
Courtyard by Marriott ~ Woodland Hills
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed here because we were visiting family just up the hill. It was the closest hotel at a good price. I wasn't "wowed" by reviews, and I think that this hotel deserves better. Our check-in was prompt and courteous. The room was extremely comfortable - I am very picky about bed comfort and room cleanliness. The bathroom was spotless. There is a Starbucks for coffee and a light breakfast in the lobby, and service was excellent. It is a small property so there is no large restaurant. I think that alcoholic drinks are served in the lobby, but we didn't take advantage of that so I cannot be certain. Near the elevator is a room with snack foods and light meals that can be heated up from frozen in a microwave. Very handy if you are traveling with children who suddenly decide that they are hungry. There is a Trader Joes just across the street (side street, not across Ventura Blvd). There is a charge for parking, so just plan on that. I think we paid $11 for parking.

We will definitely be staying here again. As long as the rates don't increase.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Shannon L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Upandaway99 ~

My name is Shannon and I am the General Maanger here at the Courtyard by Marriott Woodland Hills. Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with is and was impressed with our cleanliness and Guest Service Staff. Our Bistro is open for dinner with a full bar from 5pm-10pm as well as for breakfast. Our Starbucks proudly serves all day long. We look forward to having you as our guest gain when visiting family.

Happy 2014 from all of us here at the Courtyard by Marriott ~ Woodland Hills!
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The hotel is great for a convenient, economical and friendly place to stay. We recently stayed while attending a nearby family function and were very pleased with the experience. Trader Joe's is next door and Whole Foods is about 2 blocks away so self serve meal options are easy. Several nearby restaurants within walking distance were recommended by hotel staff and each that we went to were exactly as described.

Parking is $10 per night, but that isn't unusual for California. The hotel was more than $10 cheaper than most of the alternatives so we just figured it into the room rate and rationalized that the parking was effectively free. A good deal for a recently renovated, but still basic, hotel in this area. I'd stay here again without hesitation!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Shannon L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Des124 ~

My name is Shannon and I am the General Manager here at the Courtyard in Woodland Hills. Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to review our property! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and found our loaction so convenient. Our staff is not only the Friendliest but they are the local experts and I am happy their recommendations served you well! We look forward to having you as our guest again when you are in the area.

Happy New Year from all of us here at the Courtyard by Marriott Woodland Hills!
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I started out at a hotel in Calabasas, but had to leave due to many problems. My parents were staying at the Courtyard by Marriott, and they recommended I get a room there as well. I'm so glad I did! My room was extremely comfortable and clean, everything worked well (shower, a/c, Wi-Fi, etc.), and the people there are so friendly and pleasant. I will definitely stay here from now on when I'm visiting my sister in Woodland Hills.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor near the freeway, and it was still very quiet! And I'm a light s...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Eli D ~

My name is Shannon and I am the General Manager at the Courtyard in Woodland Hills. I want to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to hear that you adn your parents enjoyed your stay with us and our staff treated you well. We look forward to having you again as our guest on your next visit to see your sister!

Happy New Year from all of us at the Courtyard Woodland Hills!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Have stayed here 3 times in the last year and have no complaints. Rooms are new, modern and clean. Staff is positive, friendly and helpful. Centrally located in the Valley and within walking distance of some good bars and places to get a bite to eat.

Only bummer is they added a parking barrier and had to start charging $10 a night for parking since commuters started parking in the lot so it hurt those of us legitimately staying at the hotel. There is on the street parking and metered parking that is cheaper but might be hard to get.

Right next door to Trader Joes and only a couple blocks from Whole Foods.

Definitely my go to hotel when I come to the Valley.

Room Tip: Park on the street. You can park all day on the back street for free - no meters - but only till 11p...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Shannon L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Kravid ~
My name is Shannon and I am the General Manager here at the Courtyard Woodland Hills. I wanted to Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review us. I am glad you have enjoyed our clean modern location! There are many great places to eat and enjoy around us! I am also pleased to hear our team treated you well. I am sorry you are diappointed with the parking fee. Parking is at a premium and we do pass along a discount to our guests. We appreciate your loyality and look forward to having you again as our guest!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Woodland Hills? Share your experiences!