“Beautiful view” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Venice Beach Suites & Hotel

You added Venice Beach Suites & Hotel to your Saves list
Venice Beach Suites & Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1305 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, Los Angeles, CA 90291 (Venice)   |
Ranked #30 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Taylor, Michigan
“Beautiful view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband stayed here our last night in California the view was breathe taking but the surrounding areas were terrible. You have to pay to park everywhere around here so be prepared. As soon as we got out of our car there was bums everywhere asking for money and cigarettes. Inside it was very quant. Nice hardwood floors and has a little kitchenette if you would like to save some money and make you own food.

Room Tip: Get a room towards the back of the hotel for the best view.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The friendliest staff we have ever encountered in all our travels..
Rooms nice and clean .
Situated right on the beach front.
Very interesting experience.
Staff went out of their way to assistant with all requirements.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I agree with all positive reviews immediately below. The facilities are good, especially the freedom to self-cater and reliable wifi. Having the kitchen facilities also gave you more space so you could spread out. You need to take a minute to figure out the shower. I had a partial beach view which gave me a boost every time I looked out (especially sunrise, when you wouldn't necessarily be near a beach otherwise). When I wanted to I went to public balcony at the front, plonked myself down, people watched, and gawped at the view properly. I didn't particularly notice noise from the boardwalk as my room was on the third floor and back a little. There was sometimes noise from guys working on the roof outside my window first thing. This looked like it would be finished pretty soon, but it might be worth checking before you book. I usually started the day with a complimentary coffee from the office, and the complimentary wine on arrival certainly helped me through my jetlag! The staff, as so many have said, are great, uniformly friendly, helpful and fun to talk to. Matt saved me around $100 by gently suggesting an alternative travel arrangement to the dumb one I was about to pick on leaving the hotel. So here's your payback!

The real clincher is the location. It's difficult to imagine a better place to just chill - that is, if you really just want to soak up an atmosphere in the sunshine. For a Brit, the vibe is a cross between seaside resort and festival/carnival where the point is just to stroll - you get the t-shirt shops, tat parlours, street food plus buskers, hip-hop dancers, and local characters like the guitarist on roller skates. Stay there a while and you start to recognise people. You can also just walk, watching the skaters, joggers, cyclists, muscle builders, surfers and just regular folks having a good time. During the day the boardwalk is busy and family-friendly (possibly because there are hardly any bars on the boardwalk itself). Yes, there are some people living on the beach just off the boardwalk, but this is by no means the skid row I've seen in other big cities here or in the UK. The only time anyone spoke to me was when he thought I was taking a pic of him (I was taking a selfie). And the weather - I went in one day from scraping the ice off my car to 70 degrees, which is a good summer's day where I'm from. If you aren't from round here, uniformly summery weather - in April! - makes such a difference. The views from the front of the hotel are just gorgeous.

The area off the boardwalk is a feast for the eyes in a different way. There are some great murals just off-beach, witty as well as well-done. I loved the sight of a bare-chested Schwarzenegger and Jim Morrison facing each other, and the 'Venice rising'/'Venice Noir' pairing took a good ten minutes to take in everything going on. The canals area is a treat for anyone interested in different styles of building. Each house is individual and there is some great art deco design. Shopping on Abbot Kinney is almost entirely indie with a bias towards clothes. Santa Monica, which is about half an hour down the beach, is more for regular shopping, so you're covered every way.

Nobody has mentioned the wonderful indie bookshop only a few yards from the hotel front door. Small World Books has a great selection, and is a proper, get-as-many-great-books-in-one-room-as-you-can old school shop. It was a great place to browse. I was at the hotel a week, a solo traveller recovering from jet lag and then writing, holed up in the room most nights and quite a lot some days. So what I wanted from my holiday wasn't what most people would be after, but I honestly couldn't have asked for a better place to do it in. Great weather, great views, great vibe to dip into, great street food just outside the door, perfect for the pedestrian, and for my particular situation this time, a perfect hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was my 1st time in Venice.I love this hotel,great location.The room was pretty and clean kinda of worn in some spots but overall nice.The elevator was crazy u gotta try besty!Yes there are a lot of homeless people around and it was sad for me . Nevertheless,the vacation was priceless and greatly because of this wonderful hotel.Thanks again to Danielle for all the help and hospitality, making my trip feel like I had visited a rich friends house lol. I appreciate the 5 star experience and definitely will stay there again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Matt M, General Manager at Venice Beach Suites & Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Glad you took the plunge and visited our weird, wild, wonderful beach-front community! I'll share your compliments with Danielle, she'll be happy to hear that you were happy! Don't forget to ask for your repeat guest discount when you come back!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Came here to spend a night here in Venice Beach and this hotel is in a perfect location! A very cute botique-like coffee shop with excellent coffee drink and pastries right next door. Beautiful partial ocean view and could hear the ocean at night. During the day we were a short walking distance from many restaurants, bars, shopping and of course steps away from the beach. Parking was a bit of a walk, but we managed just fine. We were walking distance from the restaurant James' Beach which had great foood and a DJ on Friday night. We had a nice romantic walk back to the room with nothing but a amazing ocean view. I will definitely stay here again, the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Matt M, General Manager at Venice Beach Suites & Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Couldn't help but notice the common theme of your review, Michelle: walking, walking, walking! Our hotel is perfectly placed for that type of pedestrian-friendly experience and we're glad you took full advantage of it!
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We really enjoyed our stay at this funky hotel situated right on the Venice boardwalk. The rooms are nicely refurbished and retain a 70s style atmosphere. WiFi is good. Showers take a while to heat up but this presented no problem. What set this hotel apart for us was the staff. Nothing was too much trouble and they provided invaluable assistance in searching out bars, restaurant and transport options. I left a hat behind in the room which had sentimental value and Jasper arranged to post it back to me in Australia. That's service. Venice isn't for everyone but if you are reasonably broadminded you will have a ball. We recommend Venice Beach Hotel and Suites. They should consider self rating themselves at least as a 3 star.

Room Tip: Front rooms are noisy but great for people watching and offer beautiful views
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind words and your appreciation for our unique hotel, quirks and all!
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stayed at this property while on town for business turned into a long weekend. (Fri-Sat-Sun). My flight arrived at 9am, and they accommodated me by letting me leave my bags in office and bathroom to change until my room was ready. Same for they way home, my flight didn't leave until 10:30pm so after check out I was able to leave bags and use restroom to change again. Rooms were cute and comfortable, I slept like a baby. All staff members were incredibly helpful and friendly. They even have beach chairs and umbrellas you can borrow so don't bother bringing any. This is a great perk for travelers that fly in. Parking on site is not available and I used Uber everywhere I went. Tip: if you use the share or split fare feature you can ride anywhere for $5, even if they don't have anyone else to pick up. Without sharing the cost to airport was only $15 compared to $40 yellow cab wanted. Rooms have a fridge was great to be able to stop at gas station or grocery store away from Boardwalk to stock up on drinks. They have a vending machine with $1 water whereas locals will change you $2.50 for same thing.
The people watching is insane and awesome. It does not disappoint. I would advise not to venture out after dark as the area turned into a dicey situation. There are balconies with chairs at the end of hallways where you can sit and safely people watch after dark.

Overall great experience and I plan to visit again in a few months!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We're so lucky to have such amazing guests! We'd be happy to welcome you back, Kimberly!

Been to Venice Beach Suites & Hotel? Share your experiences!