“Best Courtyard I've stayed in” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Los Angeles Sherman Oaks

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Los Angeles Sherman Oaks to your Saves list
Courtyard Los Angeles Sherman Oaks
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15433 Ventura Boulevard, Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, CA 91403   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #75 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Sarasota
“Best Courtyard I've stayed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Well, this hotel is not a Ritz Carlton, but it is head and shoulders above other Courtyards. Rooms are large and well furnished. Beds are comfy. Restaurant offers fabulous breakfast at very reasonable prices. Staff is unfailingly courteous and helpful. Parking is $15 per day, but easy to use. Location of the hotel is excellent, right at the 805 101 junction. I would stay here anytime. A couple of minor nits... The hotel has only three elevators, not enough. And, as pointed out by others, the air conditioner is very loud when it is running.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Paul G, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Sherman Oaks, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Ron C,

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Los Angeles and The Courtyard By Marriott in Sherman Oaks! Thank you for your compliments of our property, amenities, and staff! We have a very dedicated team and we all enjoyed hearing your comments when they were read in a recent team meeting.

I do also appreciate your feedback on the air conditioning and our elevators. We pay very close attention to our guest’s comments and we’re always looking for ways to improve.

Our team will look forward to your next visit to Los Angeles!

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Mooresville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed two nights (Wednesday and Thursday July 17 and 18) on fifth floor. Had room overlooking 405. Room was clean with comfortable king bed. Had refrigerator with access to common ice machine and vending. Housekeeping did good job on Thursday. There was some traffic noise but did not keep me awake. Hotel had outside pool and sitting areas with fireplace (nice). Workout area was lousy. One elliptical, two stationary bikes, two treadmills and a nautilus weight machine.

Front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. Ok bar and adjoining dining area were ho hum. Bar tender was slow and lacked personality. The hotel offered very good transportation (Lincoln Town Car for total of $60 to LAX which can be shared). That was a very good deal and I highly recommend. The driver was very professional and personable.

For dinner I walked across Ventura Blvd and a very short walk to Valley Restaurant. I highly recommend. For a nice walk there is a neighborhood located across Ventura from the hotel. Very pleasant and safe.

Overall the hotel is somewhat tired but is a good location. Be prepared for the $12 cocktails and $5 bottles of water in your room.

Room Tip: Stay on front side of hotel (away from 405)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Paul G, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Sherman Oaks, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear MarkS719,

Thank you for your recent review of The Courtyard By Marriott in Sherman Oaks.

I very much appreciate your compliments of our Guest Services team and Housekeeping Service. It's nice to see that you took advantage of our car service for your transportation as well. And I'm very pleased to see that you enjoyed both the transportation and your visit to our property.

The Valley Inn is a long time favorite of many of our guests and I'll be sharing your review with the owner. As I'm sure you saw, this restaurant offers some interesting history as one of The Valley's oldest restaurants!

I'm sorry to see that our fitness center fell short of your expectations. It is rare that we see a guest waiting to use a piece of equipment and we do daily checks to ensure that all equipment is in good working order. In addition to the items you mentioned, we do also offer free weights and exercise balls as these are popular with our guests. I'd certainly welcome your direct feedback at any time as I'm happy to explore the options if you feel we are missing something.

I'd also like to share with you that we are soon starting the process of an upgrade to our bar area. And we'll be adding some interesting new items to our café menu too. I do hope that you get the opportunity to join us in the future so you can enjoy the changes that we're making here.

Thank you for choosing The Courtyard By Marriott in Sherman Oaks. Our team will look forward to your return.

Amsterdam, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Just recently stayed here. We are a huge Marriott supporters and stay and the hotels whenever we can. This certainly did not disappoint. Great location we were bringing our son to Burbank for the summer and it was an ideal location. Went to Hollywood Boulevard and it only took about 15 minutes which was perfect because we were unfamiliar with the area.

Had breakfast at Mel's Diner which was just down the road on Ventura Boulevard it was excellent.

We stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Paul G, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Sherman Oaks, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Aquakline,

Thank you for your compliments of our property and team! We’re all so happy to know that you had a great experience.

Mel’s Diner is one of our team’s favorites and we shared your comments with the owner. It’s great that you got the chance to enjoy the experience there too.

I believe we have a great location for those who want to explore many parts of Los Angeles and it’s nice to know that this was "perfect" for your needs.

We very much appreciate your support and loyalty to Marriott and we hope to see you on future visits to Los Angeles.

San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed here while on vacation from Northern California it's about 20-30 minutes to Hollywood from this hotel (depending on traffic) and has good freeway access not alot around the hotel itself to do there is the Sherman oaks galleria right next door but there isn't very much there literally like 5 small stores a handful of restaurants and a movie theater so to go do anything you do have to drive but the rooms are nice and clean and the staff is great friendly and helpful...I'd stay again

• Stayed April 2013
Paul G, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Sherman Oaks, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Krissee1987,

Thank you for choosing The Courtyard By Marriott in Sherman Oaks for your recent vacation! Our team is very pleased to know that you had an enjoyable visit! And we very much appreciate your compliments of our guest rooms and friendly Guest Service team members.

As you noted, we are in a convenient location for exploring Los Angeles. And because of our positioning near the 405/101 freeway interchange, it’s very easy for our guests to access and explore Universal Studios, Hollywood and the West Side of Los Angeles, including Santa Monica. And while the Galleria next door is not a large shopping center, I’d encourage you to discuss some of the interesting dining options with our Guest Services Team on your next visit. Just outside of the Galleria, there are many options that offer some interesting history in addition to great dining.

Our team will look forward to your next visit to Sherman Oaks!

Evanston, Illinois, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here before 2 other times. I don't know why i came back.

This is a noisy hotel. The ventilation hums and pulsates. There is Ventura Blvd on the front and the 405 freeway on the back.

I told the staff I'm noise sensitive and they gave me a room with a partition door.

I've only myself to blame. But if you are like me, don't waste a sleepless night. I would have been better off taking the red eye home!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Greg P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Courtyard By Marriott in Sherman Oaks.

It’s very important that we provide our guests with a comfortable experience based on their individual needs. And I understand your frustration with your room placement after specifically communicating your concerns. I’m very sorry that you’ve have had a few challenging experiences at our property.

As you mentioned, the property is located on Ventura Blvd and near the 405 freeway. This is part of what makes our location so convenient for many of our guests. And while the property was built with soundproofing measures to avoid disruptive evenings, we do have some guest rooms that are quieter than others. We try to utilize these quieter guest rooms when someone expresses the kinds of concerns that you raised, as most of our guests find our building’s soundproofing measures more than sufficient.

While it’s easy to think that our quietest rooms would be located on the top floor, this isn’t typically the case. And while I don’t know the specifics of your discussion upon arrival, I see that you were assigned a guest room on the top floor, which many times is requested by guests with your kinds of concerns. However, it’s actually our lower guest room floors which often prove the quietest for our most sensitive guests. So I would recommend requesting one of our lower floors if you have occasion to return to our hotel. And I’ll be reviewing your comments with our Guest Services Team to help them better choose a quiet guest room for guests in your position.

If you’d like to contact me directly after making your next booking, I’d be happy to look into your room placement with our Guest Services Team. I’m confident that we are able to provide you with a quiet and peaceful experience.

I do hope that you’ll consider our property in the future. And I’ll look forward to hearing from you if you decide to contact me directly.

Richmond, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Nicely renovated hotel, friendly staff, great location for walking to shopping, restaurants. Wifi worked well in our room. Near major highways, so central to other spots. Recommend for business or if staying in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We were in SoCal for our nephew's wedding. My in-laws got the celebration rate. We had a standard room with a king-size bed with a sofa. The room was comfortable but stuffy. When the A/C was on, the blower was loud... so loud that we had to turn the tv volume up to hear it. At night, it would come on and wake me up! There is a door to the balcony but I assume for safety reasons, they lock it and there's no key available. It was either sit in a stuffy warm room or hear a loud blower periodically come on! If you like quiet when you sleep, don't get room 604! One of the nice things... was on the lobby level they have 2 computers and a printer. When we clicked on IE, a screen comes up with all of the airlines. Just click on your airline, check-in, and print your ticket!

Room Tip: Interesting... when i put my cursor in this box, examples of helpful room tips come up and one of th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles Sherman Oaks? Share your experiences!