“Great day in Venice Beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Erwin

You added Hotel Erwin to your Saves list
Hotel Erwin
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1697 Pacific Avenue, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, CA 90291 (Venice)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #30 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Leesburg, Virginia, United States
“Great day in Venice Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

The hotel is beautiful and the staff incredibly friendly. The rooftop bar is amazing and it is only three blocks from The Venice Beach Freakshow.

Loved every minute of the stay and can't wait to go back

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Polish first
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is interesting! On the outside it looks a bit different from the normal hotel you see in big cities...but this area isn't a big city! So...they have an awesome open air bar on the roof. We went up and checked it out but we couldn't go up there any night (opened at 3:pm when we were there) because of other commitments. The view is spectacular! Seating is cool as they have couch seating and middle tables sectioned off so you feel private. Could probably seat 4-6 but I'm sure things could be changed to fit a larger group. The Restaurant on the main floor was open for breakfast and dinner when we were there. We had breakfast and it was awesome! Friendly staff, cozy and great food! Our room was a corner suite on the 3rd floor that had a balcony and overlooked the Ocean...and the parking lot below. This wasn't a problem at all as we could easily see over the rooftops in front of us. (the roofs of shops on the boardwalk) The suite was large, had living rm, dining area, kitchenette, frig, bath with shower (good) and bedroom with king bed. It was light and bright. It was pricey but perfect for our time there and probably the nicest place to stay right in the heart of Venice Beach!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When I got to Hotel Erwin, they didn't have the room I requested available and so I was upgraded to a room on the top floor for free. I arrive two hours before the check-in time. I had planned to just leave my bag with them for a few hours but they were able to check me in right away. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. My main issue with the room was that the water pressure in the shower was incredibly low. I actually had to wash my hair in the sink every morning because of how low it was. The wifi was also pretty slow but I'm not sure how it compares to other hotels in the area.

The rooftop bar is very nice. Keep in mind though that it closes at 10pm but there is a bar downstairs as well.

I did get an unexpected charge for using the minifridge (which I didn't use). However when I called them they were able to quickly sort it out and refund me.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Ieper (Ypres), Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Good service, big and nicely dressed rooms, super location, valet car parking, no reason to doubt about the choice.
We shared the room with another couple, and we slept on the extra bed. They slept well, we didn't.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel Erwin is a fantastic location if you're staying in Venice. Its less than a block from the beach, right off the boardwalk. In addition to the bar and restaurant in the hotel, which are both great, there are a lot of other great places to eat and drink in easy walking distance. If you're staying on the 6th floor (which is really nice) then the music on the rooftop bar might be a little loud in your room. But the rooftop closes at 10PM (which is sad for hanging out, but nice for people trying to sleep) so at least for me it wasn't a big problem. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I love this hotel, Hotel Erwin front desk reps Sandy and Jesenyia Customer Service was so excellent, they made us feel so welcoming for our weekend here. When we went into our suite, my brother was impressed on how spacious the suite was and the partial ocean view thanks to Julie in reservations !
Having the suite was great, but one of the best parts of Hotel Erwin was the location omg it is everything, we walked to bars, restaurants and Venice beach boardwalk which took less than 5 min. Before we left, we visited the "High" rooftop lounge on Sunday it was very mellow and the view was spectacular.
Even though we had a wonderful time, there were two negative things, the elevator takes a long time, so we had to take stairs a couple times and the Security guard on Saturday night was rude and not friendly. Other than those two things , overall this is the best hotel I've stayed in awhile!!

Room Tip: I would recommend deluxe suite on the 4th to 6th floor on ocean side, which is away from the elevato...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Stoneham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I always stay at the Hotel Erwin in Venice, CA when I visit there for business and pleasure. The staff could not be friendlier or more helpful, the rooms are spacious, clean and loaded with personality. The restaurant/bar in the lobby is very convenient. The rooftop bar and its stunning views is amazing. The beach is a 2 minute walk and you can take a walk, run or bike ride on the Venice boardwalk before you start or end your day. Hands down, the best place to stay when visiting the LA area!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Erwin? Share your experiences!