“Wonderful stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Erwin

You added Hotel Erwin to your Saves list
Hotel Erwin
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1697 Pacific Avenue, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, CA 90291 (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #26 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Toronto
“Wonderful stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed in hotel on way back from Baja kayak trip with my son. Funky little hotel right on Venice Beach. Close to all the action with a great rooftop bar. Not far from airport. Very helpul staff for arranging transportation, recommending stores tec. Hotel was under reno but it didn't diminish its charm.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear TorontoMcCoy2,

Thanks for all your great comments about the hotel. It’s awesome you were able to take advantage of all the things we have to offer here at Erwin. Please choose us again when you are on your next kayak trip!

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Very good customer service. Front desk personnel is super nice and helpful. Valet at the hotel is awesome, they get it within minutes with no hassle. Food at the restaurant is great, we got a breakfast with eggs, pancakes, etc, was delicious. Great condition of the rooms..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Stas K,

I love to hear reviews like yours, thank you so much! I will be sure to pass along the mentions about the staff and please think of us next time you in the Venice Beach area.

San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This hotel was pretty awesome in its own right, but I have to give a special kudos to Courtney and Lisette who went out of their and gave us a special accommodation even though we didn't ask for it. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Omar R,

We appreciate you posting a review of Hotel Erwin here on TripAdvisor. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay and got to take advantage of the great staff we have here at the hotel. We hope to see you back soon before summer is over!

West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Okay, this hotel is beyond amazing. Number one- what we all care about most- the room service is FAST :) Secondly, Aaron, the front desk guy has helped me book 2 rooms here and has helped my friends book numerous rooms too. We all came to one conclusion, this guy rocks. He is so personable. I watched his personality change from helping an elderly lady check into her room, then to helping us (2 young, working adults). Thats what makes a good employee- he gets along with anyone.... Anyway, The staff is so help full and the rooftop bar is beautiful. I also love the green leopard robes they have in the rooms. I didnt get a chance to eat in the restaurant, but the room service was delicious. Also the location couldnt be better, its right in the heart of everything. 5 stars Erwin. I will see you soon.

I will say their website doesnt do them justice- add pics of your views or the rooms on the main page and you will never have any openings!

Room Tip: Splurge for the full ocean view king suite- you wont regret it, I promise. Best view and amazing bal...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
scastady, Manager at Hotel Erwin, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear brookeb1234,

Wow, we really appreciate all your wonderful comments on the hotel, thank you for your review. I will be sure to pass them along to the team. You must hurry back though, summer is almost over…!

Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

The Hotel Erwin is the place to stay in the Venice area. The staff is attentive, the hotel is clean, and the roof top bar boasts an amazing unmatched views of the surrounding areas. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to experience a beach hotel on the west side.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
scastady, Manager at Hotel Erwin, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear craig f,

We appreciate you posting a review of Hotel Erwin here on TripAdvisor. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay and got to take advantage of the rooftop views, which is the best part of my day. We hope to see you back soon before summer is over!

Venice ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I threw an engagement party for my son and his fiancee at the rooftop lounge "High" at the Hotel Erwin in Venice and it was one of the best parties I've ever given or attended. The Catering Director, Michal Swerdlow, was great to work with and the staff assigned to event was extremely attentive, attractive and wonderful to my guests. Standing on the terrace as the sun set in the Pacific provided an unforgettable backdrop to celebrate good friends, great food and awesome cheer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
scastady, Manager at Hotel Erwin, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Beth M,

On behalf of the staff at Hotel Erwin, we would like to congratulate you and your fiancé as well as thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent engagement party at High Rooftop Lounge. . We really appreciate all the great comments written about your experience, I will be sure to pass them along to the catering team. We hope that you choose us again for your next party in Venice Beach.

Thousand Oaks, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Hotel Erwin was very accommodating during my stay. I was responsible for booking rooms for over 20 employees with them, and thankfully it was a very easy process with the help of Jairo Torres, who never said no to any of the many requests I constantly made. The hotel also helped distribute care packages we had set up for each guest at arrival. Aaron, at the front desk was also very helpful throughout our stay and made check in and check out a breeze. I really appreciated the way the Erwin Staff treated my coworkers as well as myself. The rooms were also excellent, with beach front views only seconds from the Venice Boardwalk. I was sad to leave, and can't wait to stay there again!

Room Tip: third floor was a very quiet floor and I was still able to enjoy my ocean view!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
scastady, Manager at Hotel Erwin, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear RachelKnightRAK,

On behalf of the staff at Hotel Erwin, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Hotel Erwin. I am glad to hear that everything went smooth with your booking process all the way through the end of your stay. It’s great to hear that we exceeded your expectations. I will share this with Jairo and Aaron as well. We hope that you choose us again for your next stay in Venice Beach.

Rooms Division Manager

Been to Hotel Erwin? Share your experiences!