“Good location close to Hollywood” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Los Angeles / Universal City

You added Hilton Los Angeles / Universal City to your Saves list
Hilton Los Angeles / Universal City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   555 Universal Hollywood Dr, Los Angeles, CA 91608-1001 (Central L.A)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Double Points
Ranked #36 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
san diego, california
“Good location close to Hollywood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed here for one night on the executive floor. The room had a nice view and was average in size. We were disappointed that the executive floor did not provide any special perks, no happy hour or such. The bed was very comfortable. We were on a high floor (23?), yet at night we were able to hear very loud music for several hours and late into the night. We are unsure if the music came from the hotel's ballroom or a restaurant/club by the park entrance. We used the hotel's shuttle to get to universal studios, and that was quite convenient. The seafood dinner buffet looked absolutely spectacular, including whole main lobsters. We wished we would have known about this before arriving at the property. We want to return just to dine at the buffet. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Spalding, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed here in 2012, and hadn't reviewed the hotel. I only stayed for 2 nights en route to Australia, but I'm so glad I did. The room was fantastic and very spacious. Amazing views over Universal Studios and the surround hills towards Hollywood.

This hotel is perfect for Universal Studios and Citywalk. Also just a short walk and train ride to Hollywood/Highland.

I'd stay here again if I was ever back in LA and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Clovis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Had a Beautiful trip with my 3 kids. Hotel was very close which is always a good idea just in case rest is needed.City Walk was amazing so many Resturant options. Would book this hotel again it was great but they really need more options for breakfast for the family .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Trowbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We had driven from San Francisco and this was our last stop. The hotel staff were very friendly and attentive. We were on the 15th floor and the view was of Universal Studios which was a very pleasant surprise. The room was very spacious and clean and the air con was good , especially after staying in a few hotels on the way down which were very noisy.
We decided to have the buffet breakfast, which was very good. There was so much choice. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would certainly book again if we ever came back to LA.

Room Tip: I would definitely ask for a room overlooking Universal studios as we could of got a room on the oth...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel as it was closest to Universal Studios - so were pleasantly surprised when everything about the hotel exceeded our expectations.

Our room was great, as were all the staff right from the front desk to the maids who were both very efficient but also happy and genuinely welcoming. We also had some room service when we were pushed for time and again they came up trumps with some really great food at very reasonable prices.

We walked to and from the park every day and it was a breeze - just 7-8 mins and certainly not taxing for anyone used to the rigours of a theme park day out.

Front desk even checked us in a couple of hours earlier without any hassles. Loved it!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We were very comfortable here. Excellent setting, very nice staff and exceptional service. Genuinely, the staff were just the friendliest hotel staff I'd ever met. Very much recommend! And just a 5 minute walk to Universal Studios!

Room Tip: Join the HHonors scheme before travelling to get a free upgrade and snacks!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed April 2014, 9th Floor. King room had excellent view of Universal City Walk. The day of my arrival, I was able to enjoy sites at Universal from my room that included a small sprinkle of fireworks and a show that set someone on fire. The room itself was spacious. Bed was comfy. Room had a fridge. Bathroom was a nice size. My only complaint about the room is that it could have been a tinge cleaner. The shower/tub and the carpet (along baseboard) was not cleaned to my liking. There were crumbs of some sort that were there upon my arrival and stayed the entire 6 days I was there. Because of my work schedule, I was unable to enjoy the amenities (gym, pool, etc.). The buffet looked scrumptious but was a bit too pricey for me. I did eat at the bar one night and service was friendly and the seafood pasta I had was good.

Some details that may prove helpful is that the hotel has a free tram to Universal. The hotel is located close to a metro (Hollywood/Universal) which is down the hill and across the street. Hollywood Highland is one stop away. Fare is $1.50, $3 R/T. I walked up and down the hill until I realized that you can get an exterior elevator that takes you down to the Sheraton and from there, if you cut through the parking lot (veer left) and walk down towards the gate, you can get another elevator down to street level from the garage structure. You can also catch the hotel tram, walk to the Universal Tram stop and get that tram up and down the hill. Food is cheaper at Universal City Walk. Bubba Gump’s is gross, unless you like nasty seafood. Pinky's is worth a try.

All in all, my stay was good and I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Universal City Walk view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Los Angeles / Universal City? Share your experiences!