spent three nights at this hotel arriving on Saturday to see the fabulous seafood buffet . Had a room on the 12th floor. It was large and quiet so no complaints there. Very close to Universal studios and lets face it, thats why most people book this hotel. Big problem though is what should be a simple walk to Universal Studios involves going right around the hotel walking on roads as some of the sidewalks were blocked off. Why I dont know. this could pose some danger from cars coming around the corner. The use of a shuttle is a nice option if one is mobility impaired or have small children.
Found the best way to get to the hotel from LAX is to get on the flyaway bus $7.00 then the subway from Union Station $1.50. no problems at all. much cheaper than the expected $100 cab fare!
Once you have dropped off your luggage it is relatively easy to get around by going back down the hill and catching the subway into Hollywood for $1.50. You only need a moderate level of fitness. if this is a problem then the shuttle is the go or look somewhere else unless you have a car.
The only sore points were the cost of WIFI which I thought was over the top in this day and age and the price of beer at the bar! this hotel had the dubious honour of serving me the most expensive beer in my month long holiday in the US. In fact I paid more for a tap beer here than in similar establishments in South Australia and thats really saying something as I found beer in the US to be about half price to what I usually pay in S.A with our outrageous liquor taxes. Lucky there were plenty of places in city walk for a meal/drink.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Los Angeles / Universal City Hotel Los Angeles
- Hilton Los Angeles / Universal City Hotel
- Hilton Universal City
- Hilton Los Angeles
- Universal Hilton
- Los Angeles Hilton
- Hilton Los Angeles Universal City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy AAA Four Diamond facility with over six acres of landscape in the Hollywood Hills and stunning views of glittering Los Angeles. The hotel provides a sophisticated experience combined with a superior level of service. A welcomed respite, each spacious guest room and suite is flavored with class and comfort, showcasing valued amenities for the well-traveled guest. Continually working toward greater sustainability, the property was also recently awarded the Silver level certified by Green Seal for environmental lodging, The Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City hotel is located at the main entrance to Universal Studios Hollywood and CityWalk Los Angeles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Amex, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hilton Hotels, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Los Angeles / Universal City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.