“Easy Walk to Universal City” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Los Angeles / Universal City

You added Hilton Los Angeles / Universal City to your Saves list
Hilton Los Angeles / Universal City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   555 Universal Hollywood Dr, Los Angeles, CA 91608-1001 (Central L.A)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Double Points
Ranked #36 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Santa Barbara, California
“Easy Walk to Universal City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a concert and was impressed. They provided me (a Diamond) with a nice plate of cheese and water in my room, which had a great view. The walk to Universal City was very easy. The staff sucked as noted in some of the reviews. The lady that checked me in was a complete troll. Otherwise, a good room and great breakfast.

Room Tip: Avoid dealing with the staff and get a corner room!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hurricane, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Great price, great location, excellent pool and jacuzzi (Open til midnight). Just a nice experience. Only stayed one night, but I will be back. They provide shuttle to Universal studios, but we also walked it in 5 minutes. The tower has excellent views of surrounding areas. I recommend this Hotel.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Staff rude, many charging errors so watch your bill carefully. Excessive parking fees and a complete disaster from start to finish. You have been warned!!

Ps very basic rooms and expensive breakfast

Pps Sheriton next doors looked much better

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HiltonUniversal, Manager at Hilton Los Angeles / Universal City, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize that you did not have the experience you expected with us. We always aim to provide a higher level of service for all guests and will work to improve this area. A member of our team will reach out to you to ensure that the billing errors on your account are corrected.

Hotel Management
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I visited Los Angeles last December for business, the hotel is a very good representative to the Hilton brand which is home away from home, room spacious, good choice of TV channels, spotless clean, dreamed to have the bed back home with me, had dinner at the pub and the restaurant which was having plenty of choices but somewhat expensive, breakfast was great in a big hall, we were served immediately with a lot of choices that gave a good start of our days. The hotel was so near to the entrance of the universal studios, has a shuttle bus to the park, and has a desk for reservation to save precious time and save you additional day, please go early to catch all the fun especially the new rides, would dream to come here again but with my family next time.

Room Tip: rooms at corner that are away from elevator and overlooks the entrance of universal studios are good
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Novato, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel a couple of days ago because we had an early flight out of Burbank airport and wanted something close by. Location-wise, it is very good. Walking distance to Universal Studios/City Walk, right off the freeway (but not so close that you can hear the freeway noise in your room). If you want to be close to the touristy Hollywood, then this is an ideal location.

The room was fine, nothing fancy. Looked more like a business hotel than a vacation hotel. Definitely needs some updating in the common areas, but like I said, just fine.

Our horrible experience began at about 9:30 pm when we returned from having dinner at City Walk. We came in and heard the neighboring guests being loud and "partying", but didn't really mind too much because it was still kind of early in the night. However, at 12:30 am and they were still being just as loud, I called the operator and asked that security investigate. The only thing I heard was the phone ring in the room next door (security did not personally come up) and they quieted down for about 10 minutes. But alas, the noise and screaming and laughing started up again and I waited another 30 minutes to call for security again to come up and deal with it. Again, I heard the phone ring next door and again they quieted down for about 10 minutes (still no security personally checking out the situation). I had to call a 3rd time and again security was just a phone call to the offending room. Finally, at 3:30 am, I called the front desk and insisted that they send an actual person to deal with the problem. The front desk person basically told me that they only thing she could do was call security and ask them to go up, but she had no way of "making" them go to the room. Completely unacceptable. She did offer to move me and my daughter, but at 3:30 am and having to catch an early flight, that was not something I was willing to do. Finally after this 4th call, I did hear security come up and empty the room of the partners, but I don't think it should have taken me 4 phone calls to get this resolved.

Needless to say, I will not be staying at this hotel again nor will I tell any of my friends to stay there.

By the way, when I checked out, the front desk person did not even ask me how my stay was, or I would have given her an earful. Since I had an early flight to catch on no sleep, I couldn't stay and demand compensation for such an awful experience. But a big thumbs down on this hotel and its front desk and security staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HiltonUniversal, Manager at Hilton Los Angeles / Universal City, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the manner with which the noise situation you experienced was handled. We have forwarded your review to the appropriate department heads and the executive office. Your review will help us to improve our guest experience and ensure that security is involved with any noise complaints brought to our attention.

We hope you will reconsider staying with us again.

Regards,
Hotel Management
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The location is very good, it's walking distance to Universal Studios and City Walk (wide selection of restaurants) and located right off the 101. The hotel is fairly updated. The beds are very comfortable, and have high quality (high thread count and crisp) sheets. The bathroom is modern and clean. ON the negative side and the reason I rated this hotel as only average is that the room could use a good dusting, and the carpets were quite dirty. It's actually quite surprising that the management does not hire a firm to come in and steam clean them - seems like a simple fix to greatly improve the guest experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room to get a nice view. Also one side of the hotel faces Universal Studios, so if...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for our first visit to overseas. Its in a fantastic location..a five minute walk to universal studios and citywalk. The rooms are great, only problem is our room smelt like smoke. The bed was comfy as and the concierge was very helpful. Would definately reccomend and stay again :)

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Hilton Los Angeles / Universal City? Share your experiences!