Just stayed at the Hilton Universal City 16 February 2013. It was an overnight and the location was convenient to a social event we were attending in the Hollywood area. We chose the Hilton based on location and access to HWY 101. We have stayed at this location before and never had any issues - BIG MISTAKE THIS TIME!! Since it was President's Day Weekend, the place was overrun with kids and RUDE people.
We pulled up to the valet and I looked for a garbage can to toss my road snack papers. Umm not single garbage can in sight. When I asked the valet where to find one, he pointed across the parking area to a can about 50 yards away. Mind you I am NOT a jerk but that is stupid. I looked around the entry way of the hotel and not a single garbage can. I looked in the lobby and finally found one. Hmmm – just an observation but they may want to put one by the door.
Check in was miserable. We arrived at the hotel at 430PM and the stated check-in time was 330PM. There were three lines waiting to check-in and the longest was the Hilton Honors line! SLOW! We waited for over 30 minutes just to be told our room wasn’t ready! Claudia was our check-in person and she did find us a room that had just been readied but makes me wonder why check-in starts at 330PM but no rooms were available!!! Several folks were grumbling and that seemed to erupts when rooms weren’t available for some.
We had an alcove room number 1769. The room is large and again we have stayed at this property in this type room before. We chose the Universal Studios park view and the lights and the view of the mountain were nice. The view was spoiled by filthy and I DO MEAN FILTHY windows! Can’t take a good picture through mud and dirt.
We got back from our social event around 1AM and as the elevator door opened on our floor a group of 5 teenaged girls when shrieking by. Sign of things to come - The neighboring room apparently liked their television blasting and they also seemed compelled to yell over the television volume. I don’t know how many people were in that room but it was a lot of voices! I called security at midnight to shut them up – that lasted for about an hour then the television was back at its previous volume. Once again security was called …
Overall the hotel is dated and needs to be refreshed a bit – the fixtures in the bathroom are dated, lots of long hair around the bathroom, but “seemed” clean.
If you want a hotel with super easy access to Universal Studios (foot bridge), then stay here. We will avoid this property for a while and see if they clean up the place a bit.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Los Angeles / Universal City Hotel Los Angeles
- Hilton Los Angeles / Universal City Hotel
- Hilton Universal City
- Hilton Los Angeles
- Universal Hilton
- Los Angeles Hilton
- Hilton Los Angeles Universal City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy AAA Four Diamond facility with over six acres of landscape in the Hollywood Hills and stunning views of glittering Los Angeles. The hotel provides a sophisticated experience combined with a superior level of service. A welcomed respite, each spacious guest room and suite is flavored with class and comfort, showcasing valued amenities for the well-traveled guest. Continually working toward greater sustainability, the property was also recently awarded the Silver level certified by Green Seal for environmental lodging, The Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City hotel is located at the main entrance to Universal Studios Hollywood and CityWalk Los Angeles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hilton Hotels, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Los Angeles / Universal City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.