Our family (2A, 2C, 10 & 15) stayed at Hilton Universal City in mid Nov for 2 nights. Our only reason for this stay was to visit Universal Studios.
Location is the key factor here and you couldnt get any closer to Universal, however Im not sure if it would be a good base for anything else, as it seems a little isolated.
Check in staff were pleasant, but nothing outstanding. Room was spacious (a double double), we had a high floor and Universal view, which were both upgrades.($$). Beds were comfortable and there was lots of room for the suitcases. Bathroom was fairly standard fare but I did like the inclusion of mouthwash.
Parking was expensive as is the wifi.
The coffee shop was good, Starbucks coffee and Krispy Kreme doughnuts, you cant go wrong. We didnt use any other food and bev at the hotel, as Citywalk was just across the road adjacent to Universal Studios, where there is a good variety of food places.
Universal Studios is a very short walk, down the driveway, across the road and over a pedestrian bridge, all up less than 5 minutes and not strenuous by any means.
If, however, you are walking downhill to the subway/metro station, take care on the way down (its very steep) and wait for the shuttle for the trip back up. That climb would be life threatening!!
I would stay here again, (sans car if possible) if I were visiting Universal Studios and would recommend it for anyone else doing the same.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Los Angeles / Universal City Hotel Los Angeles
- Hilton Los Angeles / Universal City Hotel
- Hilton Universal City
- Hilton Los Angeles
- Universal Hilton
- Los Angeles Hilton
- Hilton Los Angeles Universal City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy AAA Four Diamond facility with over six acres of landscape in the Hollywood Hills and stunning views of glittering Los Angeles. The hotel provides a sophisticated experience combined with a superior level of service. A welcomed respite, each spacious guest room and suite is flavored with class and comfort, showcasing valued amenities for the well-traveled guest. Continually working toward greater sustainability, the property was also recently awarded the Silver level certified by Green Seal for environmental lodging, The Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City hotel is located at the main entrance to Universal Studios Hollywood and CityWalk Los Angeles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Amex, Olotels, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Hilton Los Angeles / Universal City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.