I visited this hotel on a trip with my sister, we had booked this hotel hoping it was to be in the centre of LA, unfortunately, it was not. It was at least an hours taxi drive from LAX airport and another 30 minutes bus ride to get into Hollywood.
Despite saying this, it was right next to Universal Studios. This was a plus point as we did want to visit the theme park and the hotel does run a FREE coach there and back from the park - BONUS.
The hotel room was pleasant and clean, the beds were comfortable and the room was very spacious! There was a big screen tv and an ice machine just down the hall. The bathroom was great, despite the shower being very painfully powerful, but it was clean and spacious. There was a balcony, but with a free-way nearby, it was anything but peaceful. This can easily be solved once inside the room, as the balcony door is sound proof. The downfall to the room was that there were no curtains, just netting infront of the window for privacy, which caused a problem when there was an irritating green light shining into our room (I think it was a sign advertising the hotel?) and took us a while to get used to when trying to sleep.
The staff seemed quite grumpy at times and the two ladies from in the gift shop we asked advice and directions about the area, gave us the wrong information, leading us to not reach certain sights we wanted to see.
This hotel is not built for those who have not rented their own car, my sister and I can drive, but chose not to as we were on holiday. The public transport was terrible, as you had to get a bus or taxi anywhere. Buses were cheap, but quite unreliable at times.
- Also Known As:
- Beverly Garland`s Holiday Hotel Los Angeles
- Beverly Garland`s Holiday Hotel
- Holiday Inn Beverly Garlands
- Holiday Inn Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal for great Family vacation or for business in a relaxed atmosphere.Free shuttle service to Universal Studios and CitWalk. Newly renovated rooms with private balconies, KidSuites, and garden setting, outdoor heated pool and lighted tennis courts. Full service restaurant where kids under 12 eat free with paying adults. Close to Universal Studios, NBC Tonight show, Disney, Warner Brothers and many other attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Beverly Garland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.