The rooms were immaculately cleaned every day, the lobby was nice, there is a restaurant on-site, and the staff was very helpful when I needed to spend an extra day. One day it rained, and the staff put in the lobby a dozen or so umbrellas.
The hotel is within walking distance of Universal Studios and a metro station, but they provide shuttle bus service anyways.
The Fitness Center was the nicest I've ever seen in any hotel. It's a big fitness center with three treadmills and other machines, weights, clean towels and a water cooler. All the equipment is new and functioning properly. Each treadmill has its own television with ear plugs so you don't annoy the other guests.
It's near a highway, but you would never know. It's very quitet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk into The Garland and you're instantly transported to a secluded, urban oasis, yet close to all the action and excitement of Universal Studios, Hollywood and LA's best attractions. Nestled within seven tree-shaded acres, this authentic LA experience is complete with a welcoming vibe and modern amenities to keep you plugged in, yet completely relaxed. Our guests enjoy a glittering pool under sunny skies, dining on savory dishes and sipping perfect martinis during sunset. The Garland is setting the standard for 'Retro-cool'. Check in and check it out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TravelClick, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Garland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beverly Garland`s Holiday Hotel Los Angeles
- Holiday Inn Beverly Garlands
- Holiday Inn Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Holiday Inn