We stayed here twice on our USA visit. 2 nights at start of Sept over the Labor day long weekend.
& 2 nights later in the month as we traveled back from San Francisco down to San Diego.
Staff were friendly and helpful. Always multiple staff standing at the front doors to greet & assist guests.
Labor day weekend was very busy but created a great atmosphere as they had a pool party with BBQ set up, DJ Splash pumping out her music and after that they brought out a big screen & showed a movie as people swam & lounged around the pool. Parking near your room was never a problem with a plentiful number of spaces in the car park. Rooms were clean & family friendly with double bunks for the kids. The location is perfect for Universal Studios. The hotel runs a shuttle bus every hour from 9am through to 10pm dropping off & picking up right at the studio entrance. There are a large number of shops & places to eat on the street outside the entrance so it is very convenient should you wish to dine out & have a wine or two.
Possibly the only reason i marked this hotel 4/5 and not 5/5 is that there is not much else directly around it within walking close distance. Also all the rooms designed for families with young children are right up the back in the Portolio building furthest away from the pool area.
Also on our first 2 night visit we left an item behind in the room. We contacted the hotel and they advised us housekeeping had found it in the room, the manager had personally seen it & confirmed it was in lost & found. When we arrived on our second stay they could not locate it although the manager told us it was definitely there earlier. What happened to it is still unknown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk into The Garland and you're instantly transported to a secluded, urban oasis, yet close to all the action and excitement of Universal Studios, Hollywood and LA's best attractions. Nestled within seven tree-shaded acres, this authentic LA experience is complete with a welcoming vibe and modern amenities to keep you plugged in, yet completely relaxed. Our guests enjoy a glittering pool under sunny skies, dining on savory dishes and sipping perfect martinis during sunset. The Garland is setting the standard for 'Retro-cool'. Check in and check it out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Garland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beverly Garland`s Holiday Hotel Los Angeles
- Holiday Inn Beverly Garlands
- Holiday Inn Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Holiday Inn