“Australian visits LA” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Beverly Garland

Save Saved
You added The Beverly Garland to your Saves list
The Beverly Garland
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4222 Vineland Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 91602 (Formerly Beverly Garland's Holiday Inn)   |
Ranked #37 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Australia
“Australian visits LA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed at the hotel while visiting LA, I had absolutely no problem with the rooms clean etc!
But what made my stay memorable was the great customer service in the dining room, every morning I was welcomed by the friendly staff who made me laugh and made me feel quite comfortable in the hotel.

Gotta say I love American customer service! :D

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

1,346 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed in one of their top of the line Producer/director suites so can't talk for the family rooms. But as far as this goes I would say if you are looking primarily to be in L.A to spend a few days at Universal Studios then read no further, spend the extra dosh and click purchase!
The Hotel reception was clean, quick and efficient, the lobby full of old world (Hollywood) charm. The room was amazing, cloud like bed to sleep on, and a hop, skip and jump (via free shuttle) away from the studio.
Bar was lovely, with friendly personable bartender who even granted a few extra free cheeky drinks when room wasn't ready on my arrival (I was a little early due to no traffic on the freeways,...what the!!???)

My only other recommendation would be to get the VIP pass to the studio tour, you get to hop off the tram, walk through studio sites and sound stages. absolutely amazing, and we appeared to be the envy of all the regular guests ;)

Room Tip: Director suite a must do, even though a tad more expensive. great view of the studio at night from b...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
California Hot Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nites, quiet at nite, but I will probably pass the next time we come down
this way. For a higher "class" place you would think that they would have sheets that fit, they kept coming off and we'd wake up on a plain matteress in the morning. They charge for EVERYTHING. WiFi, parking, and no free breakfast. I guess that is why they can do the free shuttle to universal studios I suppose. They have a bar at the pool, (10.00 for a drink) and they tell you to get rid of whatever your drinking that is not theirs or if your eating a snack at the pool. They want you to buy their 14.00 hambergers/ sandwiches I guess. We did have a burger for dinner one nite and it was quite tasty and huge, so worth 14.00? NO!...All in all, its nice but pricey so i wont stay there again. Stayed at a "quality Inn" across from disneyland for cheaper and the parking was free and a great "free" breakfast...Just saying.....
By the way the receptionist at the desk stacy was a sweetheart and very very helpful and kind. :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Scott M, General Manager at The Beverly Garland, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
justlittleoleme2: Thanks for the review and positive words about Stacy at our front desk. We appreciate the feedback. We try hard to provide great service with a helpful attitude to all. Our wifi is complimentary for all guests and our parking is about half the cost of most other competing hotels in the area.
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Most of my hotel ratings get an average rating and sometimes very good. It seems lately no matter what hotel we stay at they are now using small, square, squishy pillows. I don't like them. Overall this was a decent hotel in a location away from the thick of things in LA. It was in Studio City and they provided a free shuttle to Universal Studios and to the Metro. It was a short walk if wanting to have breakfast in the area. The hotel did have a restaurant that we had dinner at one night. The meal and the service were ok but not outstanding considering the price. Actually when it came to food and beverages at the hotel it all seemed overpriced even for California standards.

The room was a decent size and because the walls were a brick facade gave the room a lofty, city feel. The bathroom was small and needed some work. I was not convinced that they were really cleaning the bathroom as I found debris on the toilet, the mirror and tub which I ended up washing down myself. I didn't complain about it since we only intended to spend three nights and we were on our last one.

The hotel had a decent size pool with comfy chairs to relax in around the pool. It was open late for swimming and they did show a movie suitable for the whole family while enjoying an evening swim.

If it were not for the issue with bathroom and the squishy pillows I would have rated this hotel Very Good. You know a good night’s sleep is everything!!!! Because all other aspects of my stay at this hotel were good I would give it a second chance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the pool. Oterwise you will get a balcony overlooking the parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
jeantomas: Thank you for the feedback and we appreciate you trying us again on your next visit. Our housekeeping team really works hard and we pride ourselves on cleanliness. The issue you mentioned has already been addressed with the team. We are glad you enjoyed the pool and Dive In movie experience!
london uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed here with my two children aged 18 and 13. Spacious room with luxurious beds and soft cotton bedding.
Loved the outdoor spa area and night fires for complete relaxation after a hectic day out.
It is easy to get to places as only 15 min walk to the train Station and 10 min walk to supermarket.
One stop away is Hollywood.
Great convenient place to stay. We did not have breakfast at the hotel. Plenty of Vegetarian places to eat. Baja Mexican opp Chinese Theatre is fab. Also Veg grill is good. We mostly travelled on local buses to get to the main attractions. Santa Monica beach, Rodeo Drive, University, Sunset Blvd.
We did the VIP Warner Bros Tour and Hollywood Film stars homes. it is an experience.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room away from highway., High floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dunedin, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Spent 4 nights here early May. Had a room that overlooked the court yard on the 3rd floor and it was really quite. Great facilities, rooms were clean and of a high standard, with a lovely pool area and courtyard.
Staff always very helpful and the free shuttle to Universal Studios was great. Tulas restaurant was excellent, we had breakfast here a couple of times and would recommend the buffet breakfast, good selection for other meals and all reasonable priced.
The only negative would be that the air conditioning unit was right beside the bed and could get a bit cool at times. But well worth the stay

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard/pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott M, General Manager at The Beverly Garland, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
kiwifunseeker: Thanks for recognizing our helpful staff here at the hotel - we strive to provide a great friendly experience for all and work hard at improving our hospitality on all levels. We're glad you enjoyed the rooms and the complimentary trolley to Universal!
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed there last week for 2 nights so we could visit Universal Studios. I found the hotel to be very nice. The rooms are a little older. The wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling a little, the extra blanket in the closet had a questionable "streak" on it. But when requested, a clean blanket and extra pillows were immediately brought to our room.

Room Tip: We were in the Portola building on the first floor. I would prefer a higher room as cars are able to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Beverly Garland? Share your experiences!