We stayed at the Beverly Garland for 2 days last week while traveling with our 10 and 12 year old sons. The hotel is easily accesible from two freeways and is just over the hill and thus out of the hollywood chaos. It took us forever to get there from Culver City in rush hour but other than that we had no problem getting around.
The hotel has several buildings and very pretty grounds. We stayed in the El Dorado building in a kids suite. I expected it to be a bit bigger from the pictures and descriptions, but it was perfectly fine for our needs. It was essentially a typically sized double hotel room in which one of the beds was removed and a set of bunk beds were enclosed in a cubby. The boys loved it because they had their own tv in there. There was plenty of space for walking around and luggage. There was also a microwave and mini-fridge, which was nice. The room was clean and the bedding was comfortable. The HVAC is a bit loud, but that didn't bother us. The ceilings are low because it is an old building, and our son on the top bunk did bump his head!
They have a really nice work out room and pool setting. I think it would be nice to sit out there year round because they have a fire place, hot tub and nice seating for cold days, and lots of louge chairs for warm days. There is a nice shower there as well, which saved time for getting the kids ready after swimming. The restaurant serves a nice breakfast (both menu and buffet) and the bar is very cozy and charming and has a nice happy hour daily.
The parking was $12 or $15 dollars per day but was plentiful and very easy to use. We had no problems with our key card.
We probably would have enjoyed staying longer and enjoying the amenities of the hotel. The only improvement I would suggest would be to have the front desk more familiar with local restaurants. I wanted something non-chain nearby and she was at a loss other than recommending the Universal studios restaurants. She did send us to a steak house that was fine but nothing special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal for great Family vacation or for business in a relaxed atmosphere.Free shuttle service to Universal Studios and CitWalk. Newly renovated rooms with private balconies, KidSuites, and garden setting, outdoor heated pool and lighted tennis courts. Full service restaurant where kids under 12 eat free with paying adults. Close to Universal Studios, NBC Tonight show, Disney, Warner Brothers and many other attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Beverly Garland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beverly Garland`s Holiday Hotel Los Angeles
- Holiday Inn Beverly Garlands
- Holiday Inn Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Holiday Inn