“Stayed many times and have always loved before, but....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Beverly Garland

Save Saved
You added The Beverly Garland to your Saves list
The Beverly Garland
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4222 Vineland Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 91602 (Formerly Beverly Garland's Holiday Inn)   |
Ranked #38 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Tampa, Florida
“Stayed many times and have always loved before, but....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This has always been my "go to" hotel in Los Angeles near Universal Studios. In 2005, I even used this hotel when planning an employee association trip for a large group. The hospitality and service has always been fabulous, the location is great, and their is a unique quality to the hotel which has always drawn me back time and time again. Unfortunately, my last stay at this hotel left a very bad impression. I elected to stay here while traveling on business in September 2012. When I checked in on the evening of Sept, 29, 2012, I was greeted by a very unpleasant older man who spoke to me disrespectfully and was aggitated when I asked questions. It frustrated me so badly that I wanted to shave a day off my stay.

With that being said, I will admit I have always been pleasantly greeted in the past. The rooms are clean. The restaurant is nice and up until this last visit, 100% of the staff have always given great service. I hope this last visit was just a one time incident, but the experience was bad enough for me to not go back. This is all on my mind because I just booked another trip to Los Angeles a few minutes ago and for the first time in more than a decade, I have elected a different hotel.

For those who wish to experience this hotel, I have always recommended it in the past. I just now say proceed with caution. Unfortunately, it only takes one person to make a bad experience. I hope the man I encountered no longer works there. Under no circumstances should an employee speak to a guest in the fashion he spoke to me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Scott M, General Manager at The Beverly Garland, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
amyc1010: We are truly sorry for your experience and we take all these types of things very seriously. I only wish you had communicated this experience earlier as we like to address opportunities immediately. Please give us another try - we want to continue to be your "go to" hotel in Los Angeles!

1,338 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We were so impressed with this hotel we had had to stop and ask for the manager and let him know how great our stay was.
He informed us that they would be improving the hotel with updating the rooms in the near future and that they have a commitment to make everyone stay at the Beverly Garland more than just a great night sleep.
We will be going back and can't wait to see all the improvements

• Stayed February 2013
Westerbeke: Thanks for recommending us to all your friends! We are committed to exceed guest's expectations and our staff are constantly commended for their friendliness.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was a great place to stay and would certainly recommend it to others. It's a great location with easy access to the crazy interstate. I had a wonderful time and would love the opportunity to stay here again.

Room Tip: the connecting rooms are a definite plus!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lisa W: WOW - what a statement! "Best place to stay - EVER!" We'll take that and really appreciate the feedback! Hope to see you again soon!
Marquette, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was unprepared for how nice this hotel is. Spotlessly clean rooms, stunningly well maintained grounds and public spaces. Front desk very responsive to service requests - we had refrigerator and an extra chair in the room while at breakfast. Very crisp and helpful wait staff in the restaurant, and a really, really good breakfast buffet. Shout out to Miguel in particular. Bell staff conscientious and always helpful and provided usual service plus good help using the metro system and identifying specialty product shopping opportunities in the area. Andy and Joseph -- Tnx guys! Bar has no food whatsoever after 10:00 pm (boo!) and no Drambuie (boo too!) but the space is very pleasant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
John F: Thanks for the great feedback about our hotel and team! We all take great pride in our facility and guest service. Come back soon and we'll make sure the Bar has those items available!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This facility was beautiful! Offered many wonderful amenities. Tula's Restaurant on the property was AWESOME! Food was delicious, service was great (many thanks to Miguel, especially), and the breakfast buffet was perfect way to start the day to view the sights. Loved The Boutique. Terri - Concierge was the BEST EVER! Courteous, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful. Provided information on tours, etc. in the blink of an eye! I will most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mary G: Thanks for all the positive feedback! We have a great team of associates here that go above and beyond for our guests - including Miguel and Terri! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. Fantastic hotel. Friendly staff. Good location for Universal Studios. and walk of fame. The hotel has a free shuttle bus that takes you to universal studios or can drop you off at the metro station. The bus leaves every hour for drop and pick up. We caught the metro to Highland Blvde which is the next stop. When you exit the metro you are right in the heart of the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Ticket price is $1.50 per person each way. We absolutely loved this hotel. Bev's store at the hotel is great for booking tours. The lady in the store is very helpfully and super friendly. I highly recommend this hotel and with out doubt would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
balihaiPerth: We appreciate your feedback - our location is very convenient to all that Los Angeles offers. We can't wait to see you again!
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed here. It was really handy for the Universal Studios and the Universal City Walk. The hotel Aldo drops you off at the local metro station.

We had no complaints. Breakfast was overpriced. The bed was comfy. The bar was great. Good service and happy hour was a deal.

Would definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt_Peel_Hudds: Thanks for the review and we appreciate your endorsement! We are extending the Happy Hour another hour so please come back soon to enjoy!

Been to The Beverly Garland? Share your experiences!