This has always been my "go to" hotel in Los Angeles near Universal Studios. In 2005, I even used this hotel when planning an employee association trip for a large group. The hospitality and service has always been fabulous, the location is great, and their is a unique quality to the hotel which has always drawn me back time and time again. Unfortunately, my last stay at this hotel left a very bad impression. I elected to stay here while traveling on business in September 2012. When I checked in on the evening of Sept, 29, 2012, I was greeted by a very unpleasant older man who spoke to me disrespectfully and was aggitated when I asked questions. It frustrated me so badly that I wanted to shave a day off my stay.
With that being said, I will admit I have always been pleasantly greeted in the past. The rooms are clean. The restaurant is nice and up until this last visit, 100% of the staff have always given great service. I hope this last visit was just a one time incident, but the experience was bad enough for me to not go back. This is all on my mind because I just booked another trip to Los Angeles a few minutes ago and for the first time in more than a decade, I have elected a different hotel.
For those who wish to experience this hotel, I have always recommended it in the past. I just now say proceed with caution. Unfortunately, it only takes one person to make a bad experience. I hope the man I encountered no longer works there. Under no circumstances should an employee speak to a guest in the fashion he spoke to me.
- Also Known As:
- Beverly Garland`s Holiday Hotel
- Beverly Garland`s Holiday Hotel Los Angeles
- Holiday Inn Beverly Garlands
- Holiday Inn Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal for great Family vacation or for business in a relaxed atmosphere.Free shuttle service to Universal Studios and CitWalk. Newly renovated rooms with private balconies, KidSuites, and garden setting, outdoor heated pool and lighted tennis courts. Full service restaurant where kids under 12 eat free with paying adults. Close to Universal Studios, NBC Tonight show, Disney, Warner Brothers and many other attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Olotels, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Beverly Garland's Holiday Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.