“Perfect Location, Wonderful Accomodations, & Great STaff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Garland

Bookmark
You added The Garland to your Saves list
The Garland
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4222 Vineland Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 91602 (Formerly Beverly Garland's Holiday Inn)   |
Ranked #29 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Buffalo, New York
“Perfect Location, Wonderful Accomodations, & Great STaff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My stay at Beverly Garland's Holiday Inn was wonderful. I went to LA to visit my niece and her family who live in North Hollywood. The staff were extremly pleasant and the rooms clean and spacious - with a balcony. The location of this hotel was perfect!!. There was no need to get onto the Freeway to visit a lot of the sights. Tula's restaurant was a nice surprise and we dined there for dinner, breakfast and cocktails. From the hotel, we walked to Ventura Blvd and had a wonderful breakfast at Vivian's Cafe. Along the way, we stopped at conveniently located stores. Although it was a bit cool in LA, the outdoor pool looked inviting. I would certainly stay at the Bevery Garland Holiday Inn again.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room facing Vineland. I stayed in a room in the rear and could hear the fre...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Beverly Garland is a great hotel. Location is near to Universal Studio; hotel is beautiful, room is clean and cosy and most importantly, the staff is warm and welcoming, especially Karla, whose excellent customer service and friendliness made cold and hungry travellers like our family (who have travelled 18hrs from home), most happy to be here! We will definitely stay at this hotel should we visit LA again!

West Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed at this hotel from Nov. 16 through Nov. 21, 2012. Our room had BED BUGS. Not only that, but when we brought it to the attention of the hotel staff, they acted as if it was no big deal! We asked for late check out so we could use their laundry facilities to heat all our clothes before we headed off to another hotel in San Diego. They said they could allow us an hour extra!!! When we asked for more time to get all our clothes taken care of, they said OK one extra hour. All this time, the manager (who the desk clerk was asking permission from behind the wall) never came out on his own to talk to us! We had to moved to another room at 2:45am in the morning and then when we asked to have extra time to make sure bugs didn't travel with us the manager NEVER said a word to us. We asked specifically to speak to him. When he finally appeared we told him we needed our clothes cleaned and dried. Only then did he offer to have our clothes sent out to get cleaned. When I asked if he would ensure that they were cleaned at high enough temperatures to ensure the bugs would be killed if they got into our suitcases, he said he had no idea how they clean the clothes. He even had the nerve to tell us he was having an exterminator check the room to be sure there were any bugs in the room! I told him I SAW them myself...on ON ME and one in the bed. In my opinion, he acted as if he didn't believe me!! We talked to the exterminator in the parking lot and he confirmed he found more bugs in the room!!!! I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone and I will NOT stay at a Holiday Inn ever again!!!!! To add insult to injury on this, when I tried to add a review to the Beverly Garland Hotel site, I put in my information and it said "we have no record of your visit" and would not allow me to enter my review!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel, not this one!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Garland, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear J H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations and for that please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience the bed bug sighting and lack of concern from the manager may have caused during your stay. It is comforting to know that despite the issues with the manager they have given you a different room, enough time to clean your clothes and to send over an exterminator. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and trust that we will address the issues and proper measures will be taken to ensure that there will not be a recurrence.

We have reached out to you privately to obtain additional detail about your experience. Again, I apologize that this impacted your stay and hope that the above issues will not deter you from choosing us as your hotel on your next visit to Los angeles, CA.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My work has put me up at the "Bev Gar" for years and the place is great, wounderful staff with Big thanks to Angle And Karla the best of the best so helpfull and great service!! thanks for everything!!!! John Weber.

Room Tip: all rooms are clean and great beds! great sleeping!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Toowoomba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This place is amazing. The staff are fabulous, the rooms and facilities are superb. A must stay for anyone travelling to Universal Studios - there is a free shuttle bus on the hour and is a five minute trip to Universal studios. There is a laundry, pool, gym, sauna, restaurant (very reasonably priced) and much more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool. Our room looks over the top of a roof which is a shame. Each...
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The hotel staff was wonderful. Even though we arrived at the hotel early in the morning (10 AM), they had our room ready and let us go ahead and check in. There is a free shuttle bus that will take you from the hotel to Universal Studios or the light rail station. The light rail station is walkable from the hotel (maybe a little more than half a mile). Universal Studios is walkable also, but there is a very steep uphill hike to get to the actual entrance to the park. I believe there is a free tram run by Universal that will take you up the hill, but we typically just did the hotel shuttle bus.

We ate in the hotel restaurant once; it was OK. Decent food, a little on the expensive side. There is a grocery store about 1/3 mile from the hotel (very walkable) with an excellent salad bar and deli area. We got salads, hot soups, wine, etc. to take back to our room most nights. There is also a sandwich place, a Jamba Juice, and several other fast-food type restaurants near by. For finer cuisine, just take the shuttle up to Universal Citywalk - they have any type of restaurant you can imagine.

If you want to do the Hollywood-tourist thing, I highly recommend getting a light rail pass and taking the Red Line to the Chinese theater/Hollywood Mall/Walk of Fame, etc. Much cheaper than getting a cab or paying for parking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I don't even know where to begin. I stayed at The Beverley Garden Inn from the 1st to the 5th of December and was blown away at how nice and caring the staff were towards me since I was a single 18 year old traveller coming from Australia. They were very helpful with anything I needed, especially one of the ladies that was in the boutique who helped me organise tours during my stay. I stayed in a king bedroom which was very nicely furnished and everything was clean (I'm an absolute neat freak so this made me happy)! The restaurant next to the hotel was also very good, meals were very nice and filling for the price that I paid. Only downfall for this hotel would be the size of the bathroom..it was slightly small but could still be doable. Great location, great people and also excellent security at night time!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Garland? Share your experiences!