“It was the awesomest experience I've ever had.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 330 Activities in Los Angeles
Type: Sports Complexes, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: description = It's where people fly! Excitement, adrenaline and adventure; iFLY Hollywood offers it all in the flight experience of a lifetime. No experience necessary - our professional instructors will teach you the fundamentals. All of your flight equipment is included in the experience. You just need to fly, and then try to wipe that smile off your face!
San Luis Obispo
“It was the awesomest experience I've ever had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I would recemend ifly Hollywood to anyone. Especially anyone with kids because I had such a wonderful experience myself. It was so awesome I would do it all over again if I had the chance.

Visited August 2013
iFLYHollywood, Director of Sales at iFLY Hollywood Indoor Skydiving, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thanks for recommending iFLY Hollywood. We are glad to hear that you had such wonderful experience and hope that you will come fly again with us next time you find yourself at City Walk!

Phoenix, Arizona
“Big Smile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

We have done this once before in Las Vegas, but this was really fun. A little out of the ordinary but really a memory that you will have from your vacation for a long time. Great people too.

Visited January 2014
iFLYHollywood, Director of Sales at iFLY Hollywood Indoor Skydiving, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
We're glad that you had so much fun flying with us. Thank you for sharing your experience with others and for recommending iFly Hollywood!
Baltimore, Maryland
9 attraction reviews
“I am baffled at the extremely positive reviews”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I rely on TA for a lot when I travel, and this is the first time that I found my experience to be so different than the majority. We have three kids, from 10-15, and were looking for something fun to do as a family on our trip to LA this past week. I knew it would be a little different, and I knew that it was a relatively short experience. I guess because of the glowing reviews, I thought it would knock our socks off. First of all, its expensive! It's not much cheaper than a day pass to the adjacent Universal Studios (which we have done before). For almost the same price, you get a 30 minute total experience vs. one that lasts all day. We bought the family package and were told to arrive at 3:15 for 4:00 "flights". We arrived on time and they had us wait for 15 minutes until the "class" started. The class involved our family and two other groups sitting in a small room and watching a three minute video. After that, our instructor took us into the next room and got us suited up. The helmets and googles were not super comfortable, and we needed to wear ear plugs that kept falling out. After that, we entered the flying area (which is outside on citywalk), and took turns taking one minute "flights". It was fun enough, for one minute, I guess. It was mostly incredibly loud and there isn't enough time to even try and get your bearings. After that, they ask if anyone wants to spend $20 more for another minute. Not really, we already spent almost $300! The family package comes with a video, and afterwards they show you pictures that they took of you and give you the chance to buy them for $5 each. We bought 5 shots, because they were pretty funny, and they said the would email the within 24 hours. That's it! Our 10 year olds liked it, but they aren't the most discriminating audience. They like anything that involves spending money. :). 24 hours later, still no photos. 4 phone calls later, three out of 5 have been emailed to us. We got home and finally watched the video and it's totally glitchy, grainy and unwatchable. Really baffled how this place gets such positive reviews! I know everything is expensive these days - it just seems like there have to be better ways to spend a few hundred dollars. The experience wasn't amazing, and the customer service is pretty bad.

Visited January 2014
iFLYHollywood, Director of Sales at iFLY Hollywood Indoor Skydiving, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
We appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention. We are continually looking for ways to improve our facility and the overall experience here at iFly and it through customer's feedback that we are able to find these opportunities. We are disappointed to learn that your flight experience did not live up to your expectations, and would very much like to invite your family back to give iFly another chance.
Typically the entire process does take about 1.5 hours from start to finish, and we ask flyers to arrive at least 45 minutes prior to their flight time to allow for registration and training. As returning flyers,however, you would not be required to re-take the training class and would also save time upon check-in as your release paperwork is saved in our system for up to 1 year.
We realize that the gear may not be the most stylish and comfortable apparel, but is designed for your safety and to maximize the flier's lift while in the flight chamber. While earplugs are not required, and the noise generated by the tunnel will not damage your hearing, we do recommend their use to muffle the sound and eliminate that distraction. Of course, you would be more than welcome to bring your own or ask your instructor for tips on how to wear earplugs if the ones we provide are causing any discomfort.
The length of each flight is based off of the average free fall time in a standard skydive. The reason that we always recommend starting off with at least two flights is so that the flier can acclimate themselves during the first one and be a little more relaxed and able to enjoy themselves more during the additional rounds. For those fliers looking to advance in the sport we offer discounted return flyer programs and coaching with IBA certified flight instructors.
We are glad to hear that your kids had fun and hope that you will consider coming back to fly with us again soon.
Centurion, South Africa
9 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I have always thought that skydiving looks like fun. But the indoor skydiving experience was sooooo much better than I ever could have imagined! I think that this is as close as humans can get to actually flying without a vehicle. My instructor was friendly, helpful and very experienced. It was worth every cent!

iFLYHollywood, Director of Sales at iFLY Hollywood Indoor Skydiving, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share your iFLY experience. Please make sure to check out our Facebook page, as your review has been featured as our fan of the day! We look forward to flying with you again next time you are in the States.
3 attraction reviews
“Great for teens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We did the family package. We have 2 teenage sons, and so rarely get a chance to see actual smiles of joy. That all changed when we did iFly! The whole experience was fun, from the class, to the outfits, and the actual flying. We giggled about it the whole day!

Visited January 2014
iFLYHollywood, Director of Sales at iFLY Hollywood Indoor Skydiving, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
We are thrilled to hear that iFly was a part of such a fun family outing. We look forward to having you all join us again. Be sure to stop by our Facebook page, as your review has been featured as our Fan of the Week! Thanks again for sharing your experience.