“Why would u change our room then tell us” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #56 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Why would u change our room then tell us”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

First they gave us a great room then they changed us to this dirty room and the bed sheets were dirty when we came in... Then the worst part is that they didn't even tell us and changed it after that when we came back there were a note left on the door and then they told us then they forgot some of our stuff in there and wouldn't let us go and get it... Also that they said that they gave us the wrong room but my mom thinks that they just wanted to change our room because that it was way cleaner over there and it was also way more view than this side

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aguascalientes, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

December 24th, they had food available at the bar until 1am. I'm very pleased with that.
I ordered a few things from Amazon to be delivered there, they were waiting in my room at no extra charge.
Super fast and efficient Check-in.
Very good free WiFi at the common areas.
But the room; huge nice and clean room, I loved it!
I'll keep coming back to this hotel whenever I fly to/from LAX.

Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Stittsville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I spent two nights here after flying out for a business meeting - which was ironically cancelled just as I landed, so I spent all my time at the hotel.

The lobby is spacious, with the front desk immediately accessible, and a dedicated line for flight crews given it’s proximity. I was immediately able to skip the queue in the Platinum line, and was given an upgrade to a larger room facing the south side of the runway.

Yes, the hotel is VERY close to the airport, nestled near the end of the north runways, and above the south. I had a great view to watch the planes taking off - as a traveller, I do enjoy that!

Noise was not an issue - the south runways were far enough way to be a dim humming, which I was grateful for and surprised about.

Standard Sheraton room - spacious with a sitting and working area, although it seemed to have an older TV cabinet more suited for a CRT TV (slide-out tray style).

Lounge was a fair size larger than a standard Sheraton lounge, and offered evening hors-d’ouvre and a continental breakfast. I always appreciate a lounge with a mini-fridge of water bottles, never drinking the tap water, and it was constantly being refilled. Food was good - and being at an international airport, also had some Asian food choices.

Internet speed was great, but the biggest features I liked were the gym and the pool.

Despite being an airport hotel, it has a sizable pool and hot tub, and great sunlight during the day. The gym is also more of a rectangle on the main floor, with the main cardio machines facing out a long row of windows onto the pool deck. No staring at the wall!

Highly recommend this hotel for an overnight at LAX, or even if you’re on business / visiting the south side of LA.

Room Tip: Go for rooms on the south side, they're quieter in terms of reducing plane noise
Green Features: Participates in the Sheraton Green policy - choose to forgo room service for extra points or a credit
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kruger National Park, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Traveling from South Africa to Hawaii with two grandchildren is a daunting long distance experience. We decided to split the trip by staying overnight at the Sheraton. It was a good decision. We were all exhausted. They have a airport shuttle that collects from the airport at no charge. ThT was great. Easy and v convenient. The check in was smooth. Our rooms were large and crispy clean. We chose two double beds in one room. Ample space for the 4 of us. My grandchildren are 13 and 11 yrs. well they went straight to the on site Starbucks! Then we decided a hot tub and a swim in the heated pool would be great for jet lag. Great idea. Then supper at the pub. The food was wonderful. Then straight to bed. Well worth it for a stop over.

Room Tip: Ask for a back room. You won't have a view across the airport, but you also won't hear the p...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
SheratonGatewayLAX, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles, responded to this review, 2 days ago
We’re so pleased to learn that the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel added ease to your travels! Hawaii is such an exciting place to visit and it’s great that your guest room provided you with plenty of space to rest and relax before reaching your final destination. A refreshing dip in the hot tub is indeed the perfect way to get over jet lag and we’re happy that both you and the grandkids enjoyed our outdoor pool area. Your review is greatly appreciated and we hope to have you all back in the future.
Howell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I traveled here on business for 2 nights. I was a little worried being so close to the runway and LAX but I was very pleasantly surprised! There was barely any sound at all and it definitely didnt disturb me at all!!

Staff is superb and very helpful they get an A+ for SPG recognition. Room was very comfortable and nice. The only thing I would say that they can fix is the Valet retrieval of your car can take allot of time and there is no fridge in the room, other then that this place was great!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the runway!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
It was a pleasure having you with us at the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel! We’re pleased to discover that our hotel provided you with a peaceful refuge during your business trip. For a future stay, we do have refrigerators available for our guests upon request for a small fee. Your suggestion will definitely be taken into consideration and we’re very grateful for your warm words.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Sheraton Gateway overnight (breaking up the trip between Australia and the US east coast). This hotel is very close to LAX and I strongly recommend it.

I like the hotel for the following reasons:

1. The person who checked us in recognised how tired we were and allowed us to check in early. Her kindness made such a difference to us, as it allowed us to sleep earlier than we would otherwise have been able to.

2. The room was very nice. There were two nice double beds, plenty of towels and soap, etc. The water was as hot as we needed it and the room was very clean.

3. There is a free, fast shuttle bus between the hotel and the airport. It's about a five minute drive and the drivers were friendly and efficient.

4. The room rates are quite reasonable.

We will definitely stay at this hotel again. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I recommend paying for the upgrade so that you get "free" wifi. The wifi speeds are quite...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your recommendation of the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel! Our staff truly understands the needs of our traveling guests, and we’re happy that we were able to get you accommodated quickly, so you could catch up on your rest. It’s also wonderful to learn that you found our facility to be a great value and convenient location. We can’t wait to see you again.
Corona, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here during 4th of July and have not forgotten about how amazing this place was. I had gotten two rooms for my friends and I. The self parking was a little confusing to figure out at first but it all worked out. The rooms were fantastic and clean & the waiter that assisted us at one of the restaurants was super nice. We also went down to the pool which was kind of a mess as there were no clean towels and dirty towels everywhere but we still had a pretty good time. It was a great stay overall.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
The Fourth of July is an exciting time in LA and we’re so glad that you celebrated with us at the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel! It’s wonderful to hear that our accommodations and the service you received at one of our eateries exceeded your expectations. We apologize about the towels at our outdoor pool area and we will make sure we have plenty of fresh ones ready for your next visit. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Been to Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles? Share your experiences!