“Airport Convenience, Great Outdoor Deck” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #56 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Stittsville, Canada
“Airport Convenience, Great Outdoor Deck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I spent two nights here after flying out for a business meeting - which was ironically cancelled just as I landed, so I spent all my time at the hotel.

The lobby is spacious, with the front desk immediately accessible, and a dedicated line for flight crews given it’s proximity. I was immediately able to skip the queue in the Platinum line, and was given an upgrade to a larger room facing the south side of the runway.

Yes, the hotel is VERY close to the airport, nestled near the end of the north runways, and above the south. I had a great view to watch the planes taking off - as a traveller, I do enjoy that!

Noise was not an issue - the south runways were far enough way to be a dim humming, which I was grateful for and surprised about.

Standard Sheraton room - spacious with a sitting and working area, although it seemed to have an older TV cabinet more suited for a CRT TV (slide-out tray style).

Lounge was a fair size larger than a standard Sheraton lounge, and offered evening hors-d’ouvre and a continental breakfast. I always appreciate a lounge with a mini-fridge of water bottles, never drinking the tap water, and it was constantly being refilled. Food was good - and being at an international airport, also had some Asian food choices.

Internet speed was great, but the biggest features I liked were the gym and the pool.

Despite being an airport hotel, it has a sizable pool and hot tub, and great sunlight during the day. The gym is also more of a rectangle on the main floor, with the main cardio machines facing out a long row of windows onto the pool deck. No staring at the wall!

Highly recommend this hotel for an overnight at LAX, or even if you’re on business / visiting the south side of LA.

Room Tip: Go for rooms on the south side, they're quieter in terms of reducing plane noise
Green Features: Participates in the Sheraton Green policy - choose to forgo room service for extra points or a credit
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kruger National Park, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Traveling from South Africa to Hawaii with two grandchildren is a daunting long distance experience. We decided to split the trip by staying overnight at the Sheraton. It was a good decision. We were all exhausted. They have a airport shuttle that collects from the airport at no charge. ThT was great. Easy and v convenient. The check in was smooth. Our rooms were large and crispy clean. We chose two double beds in one room. Ample space for the 4 of us. My grandchildren are 13 and 11 yrs. well they went straight to the on site Starbucks! Then we decided a hot tub and a swim in the heated pool would be great for jet lag. Great idea. Then supper at the pub. The food was wonderful. Then straight to bed. Well worth it for a stop over.

Room Tip: Ask for a back room. You won't have a view across the airport, but you also won't hear the p...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Howell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I traveled here on business for 2 nights. I was a little worried being so close to the runway and LAX but I was very pleasantly surprised! There was barely any sound at all and it definitely didnt disturb me at all!!

Staff is superb and very helpful they get an A+ for SPG recognition. Room was very comfortable and nice. The only thing I would say that they can fix is the Valet retrieval of your car can take allot of time and there is no fridge in the room, other then that this place was great!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the runway!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Sheraton Gateway overnight (breaking up the trip between Australia and the US east coast). This hotel is very close to LAX and I strongly recommend it.

I like the hotel for the following reasons:

1. The person who checked us in recognised how tired we were and allowed us to check in early. Her kindness made such a difference to us, as it allowed us to sleep earlier than we would otherwise have been able to.

2. The room was very nice. There were two nice double beds, plenty of towels and soap, etc. The water was as hot as we needed it and the room was very clean.

3. There is a free, fast shuttle bus between the hotel and the airport. It's about a five minute drive and the drivers were friendly and efficient.

4. The room rates are quite reasonable.

We will definitely stay at this hotel again. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I recommend paying for the upgrade so that you get "free" wifi. The wifi speeds are quite...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Corona, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here during 4th of July and have not forgotten about how amazing this place was. I had gotten two rooms for my friends and I. The self parking was a little confusing to figure out at first but it all worked out. The rooms were fantastic and clean & the waiter that assisted us at one of the restaurants was super nice. We also went down to the pool which was kind of a mess as there were no clean towels and dirty towels everywhere but we still had a pretty good time. It was a great stay overall.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Perryton, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

We arrived on a Monday 7pm and the valet guys were to busy to help me so I parked my car in front of the hotel as I was getting out a rude valet man approached me and said he wanted 38 dollars from me because I parked in a valet parking lot.I told him that he was crazy thinking I would give him forty bucks for parking my own car,so he threatand me and said he was going to have my car towed off.When you make your reservation the front desk (shady people)won't tell you it's 40 bucks to park your car and if you want to self park out back you need to buy a pair of hiking boots for the long walk!! This place is a Joke!!! PS the valet guy reeked of Marjiauna!!!

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Matteson, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

while staying at the Sheraton Gateway in Los Angeles I encountered an angel her name is Diane Cheek who works in guest services.I say this because she helped me since had left my wallet, and you could only imagine what I was thinking how am I going to eat and survive the next two days since I was on business trip. Diane graciously offered to help by offering money for transportation to the nearest Western Union and provided a coupon for food. I just want to say Thank you for being there in my time of need and how wonderful to know there are still employees who go that Extra mile.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles? Share your experiences!