“Convenient location to LAX airport” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #56 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
England
“Convenient location to LAX airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

We chose this hotel as handy to airport. After a long flight from UK, we had no trouble finding the shuttle to the hotel. The shuttles go around and around the airport, so you don't wait very long. Very large hotel, we were welcomed by reception, who asked us if we would like a room on lower or higher up floors. Our room was big, compared to UK hotel rooms, very clean and modern. There is a starbucks coffee shop in the hotel lobby. We were only staying over night, and it was fine for what we wanted.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
SheratonGatewayLAX, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
We’re glad that the Sheraton Gateway Los Angles Hotel suited your needs for your travels! Our complimentary airport shuttle makes it easy to get to and from the airport quickly, so you can make the most of your time in LA. It’s great that our amenities made a positive impact on your stay, and we hope that you’ll visit us again. Thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Although I reviewed this hotel in the past, I need to provide additional information on my last two visits. We stopped over on the way to and from Hawaii. On Mar 11, 2014 all was well and we were well taken care of. Great place when transitioning through LAX. On Mar 23, 2014 we returned from our trip to Hawaii and stayed again. We will continue this every year we go to Hawaii.

This second trip we learned a few things. One always ask for an interior room to cut down on the noise. DO CALL FOR SHUTTLE. This service is contracted out to a third party and their on time performance is lacking. We waited over 30 minutes for a ride from the airport.

Room Tip: As stated. Call for the shuttle, and ask for an interior room because of airline and street noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
As a regular visitor, your insight really gives us an understanding on how we’re doing, and we appreciate your perspective. Our complimentary airport shuttle aims to run every 15 to 20 minutes, but because we stop at every terminal, traffic can occasionally slow us down. We apologize for any delays and we’re sure that your next experience will be much more prompt. Thank you for your loyalty to the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel. We’re looking forward to your return.
Emeryville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Some friends and I just decided to get away for the weekend and LA was the destination. After a 6 hour drive from the Bay Area the last thing a person wants to do is stay in a bad hotel. I have to admit that I am the pickiest hotel guest! So I decided after a great stay this last weekend at the Sheraton Lax...I needed to give credit because it was definitely deserving! Honestly, from the moment that I arrived I felt as though my friends and I were "VIP's"! We were promptly greeted by the friendly valet to help us with our bags and the check-in process took literally just minutes. We were lucky enough to get a great room with a view of the city lights! The most importantly factor was that the room was clean, the decor was trendy but also comfy. I have to admit that the bed there is better than mine! I slept soooooo good! The atmosphere at this hotel is great, they have a bar/lounge area that is great for people watching and enjoying the moment! The food there tops my list as well I ate the restaurant paparazzi and appetizers at the bar.......all pleasing to my palate. The gym is up to date and overlooks the pool....very pleasant! I was so sad to leave my home away from home and I can't wait to come back and stay again when I visit LA!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Getting away for the weekend with your friends is always a great time to be had! Our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds are often a favorite among our guests, and we’re happy that you experienced rest and relaxation on your stay. Providing great service is our top priority and it’s incredible to hear that you felt like a VIP. We’re thankful for all of the compliments you’ve provided us and we can’t wait to see you again at the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

This hotel has great amenities even for long term guest. Great attentive staff that goes the extra mile to make sure everything is wonderful during your stay. The restaurant has great food and the parking staff is awesome.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel! We’re glad that you had a pleasant time with us and that our staff benefitted your stay. Join us again the next time you’re in LA.
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I'm a loyal Starwood member and go out of my way to use them. This Sheraton is a sad excuse and an embarrassment to the rest of their properties. The hotel rooms are all very old. Upon check in I got to my room and it reeked of BO and nail polish. I called the front desk to ask to be switched to another room and was told no problem and someone would be up in 7 minutes to give me new room keys. 15 minutes later I call down again and am told no one has heard anything about this but they say they are looking into. Finally i get the keys to a new room. I opened the door and it smells just as bad as the previous room. But I was too tired to fight with them again especially given it seemed to not be just one room. Then the shower walls had hair on them and there were stains all over my desk chair. In the morning I also couldn't access the club level for breakfast and i normally can. Literally I was at the downtown Sheraton in LA 2 weeks prior and was granted access with my status but when I asked here I was told I had to be platinum (I am gold). On top of it you can really hear the planes taking off and landing. I've stayed at the four points and the westin near the airport and it was never an issue there (and they are much much better properties). I'll never stay here again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
We’re disappointed to discover that your recent stay with us fell short of your expectations. The conditions you’re describing are very out of character for us, and we sincerely apologize. Many of our guests have remarked how quiet our hotel is, and we wish your experience had been the same. Our staff would be happy to assist you in finding a room in a quieter area of our hotel for a future stay. Your comments have been shared with our housekeeping department in order to make improvements. Please reconsider and give our hotel another chance; we’re sure your next visit with us will be much improved.
Pflugerville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

This hotel is very convenient for travel through LAX. Stayed one weekend for leisure vacation and the following weekend for a layover onward to Australia. Both times we received excellent service. As an SPG Gold member, we were offered complimentary upgrade to the Club Lounge floor which was a big PLUS.

Only drawback to being right on the airstrip is the noise of the busy plane arrivals and departures; from what I could tell of the hotel layout, there is no block of rooms that is not exposed to the runway. Yes, it's pretty cool to see the planes come and go, but if you are a light sleeper, you're out of luck. The rooms are not sound proof.

Also, the hotel is quick and easy access to most points of interest in the city as well as a quick city bus ride to the beach. Beware, I was not able to find any good no restaurants within walking distance of the hotel (Subway is across the street).

Tip: if you have a car and do not need in/out parking, pay the airport parking fee for the lot across the fee (about $14 per day) versus the hotel parking fee for the same lot.

Room Tip: Bathrooms are quite small in the rooms where I was.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
SheratonGatewayLAX, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Your detailed feedback of the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel is greatly appreciated. We’re glad that our hotel suited your needs for both a layover and vacation! LA’s beaches are like no other and it’s great that you took advantage of them. We do have several restaurants in the area and our staff would be happy to provide you with some suggestions on a future stay. We also have several dining facilities of our own and we hope you’ll give them a try. For your next visit, give us a call; our staff would be happy to assist you in reserving a room in a quieter area of the hotel. We hope to see you soon!
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I was able to walk here from the terminals, probably the second closest to LAX
Rooms good and comfortable, clean and quiet, could here rumble from jets but sounded a long way away.
I took this on a special offer, would i take this at full price? Id have to compere at the time, but no hesitation to stay here again

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
SheratonGatewayLAX, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Stretching your legs on a walk around the block is the perfect way to help ease jet lag after a long flight. We’re glad that our close proximity to LAX added convenience to your stay. We do have a complimentary airport shuttle that stops every 15 minutes, which is another great option to take advantage of upon your arrival. Your review of the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel is greatly appreciated and we would love to have you back again.

Been to Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles? Share your experiences!