“Nice experience” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
NY
“Nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I had a nice experience here. Nice lobby and rooms. Close to the airport - but that means far from other things.. Wasn't a lot of food places open in the evening, but that worked out for me because I got to sample some food from the bar onsite - yummy and nice bartender.

I loved the space in the lobby where i could just lounge and video chat with some friends on couches. The staff were helpful and accommodating and there is a decently priced parking lot a couple blocks away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SheratonGatewayLAX, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Our Rendezvous Lounge is a great place to spend an evening while you’re traveling. Delivering a high level of service is very important to us and we’re ecstatic to discover that the staff members you encountered were friendly and attentive. In addition to being close to LAX, we’re located near many of the city’s great attractions. On future stays, we suggest taking advantage of the Ocean Express shuttle; it stops near Downtown Manhattan Beach and several other hot shopping and dining destinations. Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel and we invite you to return on your next trip to the city.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great checkin experience followed by a great experience at the hotel. The rooms were clean and I got upgraded due to my platinum status with SPG!! The pool area is nice as well. There were lots of people at the pool restaurant and we did have to wait a while before service but overall a great experience.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
SheratonGatewayLAX, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Taking advantage of the SPG program at the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel is always a real treat! We’re glad that you enjoyed your upgraded room and relaxing by the pool, although we apologize for the wait at our poolside bar. Thank you for letting us know about your stay! We welcome you to return on your next trip to the city.
San Diego, California
1,359 helpful votes 1,359 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I've stayed here before but it's been a while. This is a GREAT hotel if you have a flight at LAX in the morning. It's super convenient as you are literally a few minutes from the terminals.

I arrived earlier in the day and I had to go pick up a business colleague at LAX for a flight. I booked us 2 rooms at the Sheraton Gateway and the rooms were very clean and surprisingly there is no noise from the airplanes/flights.

The hotel lobby is nice and it's been renovated since the last time I stayed here. I'm SPG Platinum so I got free internet and bonus points. The internet was quiet fast. I just used it to work and didn't have time to stream/Netflix or anything but no problems connecting on laptop and iPad.

They have a Starbucks in the lobby. The staff is all very friendly. The valet like most hotels in the area is really stiff at $30/day but what can you do? I drove up from San Diego so I had my car. It's nice that they always kept it up front so it was ready.

The room was clean and comfortable. I booked one of the suites so I had a sofa and work desk and it had a big LCD TV. The only thing it lacked was a hotel safe which would have been nice. But they had a free bottled water and a coffee machine in it with assorted coffees/teas.

It's nice they have a Park and Fly right behind the hotel just 1/2 a block down. Just exit the hotel, turn left and go around the corner and it's right there. VERY convenient as it's $13 a day and plenty of parking spots. Then the hotel has an airport shuttle which runs every 15 minutes so easy.

Just a word of caution, if you pick up someone from the airport....do NOT use your cellphone in the car. My blue tooth went out for a second and I picked up the phone vs. hands free. It was only about 20 seconds but sure enough a motorcycle airport cop pulled me over. He was going to give me a ticket but he ended up giving me a warning.

At the hotel there was a loud party across the room from me and I called down to hotel security and it was impressive that they sent a security guard up ASAP and told the people they needed to quiet down. They immediately turned down the music. So that was nice.

This is the perfect hotel to stay if you are flying out of LAX in the morning for a flight. I'd stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
While it’s unfortunate to learn about your experience at the airport, we’re glad that your stay at the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel was sensational! Although not all of our rooms come equipped with safes, our suites and club level rooms have safes and we do have safety deposit boxes available at our front desk. Having a cup of Starbucks coffee is the perfect way to start your day, especially when you’re on a business stay. It’s great that our accommodations met both you and your colleague’s needs and we hope that the two of you will stay with us again on your next trip to Los Angeles. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Laguna Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I've stayed at various properties across all star levels around the LAX area and this is a nice one.. First of all, it is very close to the airport - much closer than most of the rest. The property is large enough to feel like a "real" hotel and not just an airport crash pad. The new SPG and Delta Crossover Rewards program helps as it offers reciprocal elite benefits.

I booked via a 3rd party site, but was actually still paying the hotel directly, which afforded the stay to count toward SPG nights.

Room: Club Level; 15th floor. Great runway views (facing south to Century Blvd.). Quiet, comfortable and very clean. The fit and finishes are okay with some random mismatches in terms of minor details (modern chrome lamp but chrome "Victorian" cabinet hardware; old grain oak looking door and old tile in bathroom but updated wallpaper). Room comes with lounge access, free wifi, water, etc. Comfy bed, of course! In room Starbucks with liquid creamer (hate powder).

Lounge: Offers breakfast and early evening/late afternoon appetizers. Soft drinks, water and coffee drinks free. Free use of computer and printing. Average offering and nothing too exciting. Some have noted you can make a meal on the evening spread.. not so much unless you eat plates and plates of cheese and chips and veggies. The rate I got was the same with and without club access...so it was a given.

Parking: Semi offsite (behind the hotel). I booked the same lot directly via a parking booking site for more than 50% off the hotel rate. No in/out with my rate, but oh well. Valet is pricey.

Amenities: Pool (saw but didn't use; looked nice for an airport property - not just a hole with water). Fitness center is large, nice equipment, a lot of equipment and very light and bright. Concierge.

Staff: All very happy and helpful with lots of smiles.. Much appreciated!

I would definitely stay here again. Frequently stay here prior to weekend trips so rates are very low. This trip was midweek and was still a good rate considering it's business peak travel time.

Room Tip: High floor, runway view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds always provide nights filled with rest and relaxation! As a frequent visitor, we’re happy to hear that we’re consistently hitting the mark with you. Hopefully on your next stay you’ll be able to take advantage of our pool! Thank you for sharing your perspective with us. We’re looking forward to having you back at the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel.
Alameda, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The room was clean, convenient location. Close to LAX but do not hear the planes in the rooms. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't offer free WiFi in rooms, only in the lobby. There is also no cheap food option inside the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
At the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel, we aim to keep you close to the airport without having to endure the traffic and noise of it. Our Rendezvous Lounge is a great, reasonable location to dine and we hope you’ll take advantage of it on a future stay. We would like to point out that most of the public areas of our hotel, such as our Link@Sheraton Center, have complimentary WiFi. Also, several of our packages include in-room internet access and we suggest looking into them for your next visit. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Caen, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed there en-route between LAX and SLC recently, the welcome ( Evelyn ) at the Front Desk was 100% genuine, the courtesy and help never stopped, you were REALLY made to feel welcome. Thoroughly enjoyed my short stay, the room was spacious, very comfortable especially the bed , service , when required , was top and speedy .
The IT area for checking into LA and getting your boarding ticket was excellent, comfortable and IT WORKED ! ( Unlike an adjacent Hotel -HH- ) ( The HH had 1 machine which did NOT function and had over 1000 rooms...,) this made the Sheraton Gateway really stand out as an Airport Hotel!!!
Concierge always friendly and helpful, the restaurant Paparazzi was excellent, good service, (could have used an alternative dining experience maybe ) - the Pool area CLEAN, tidy and relaxing, lots of the street and air noise was suppressed, but hey, you go there to get somewhere, not for a quiet country retreat, but the noise level was always very LOW. Bearable.

On the whole, a very friendly hotel, very convenient for LAX and getting out of LA, clean, comfortable rooms and public areas, I wouldn't now stay anywhere else at LAX - and I know some of the alternatives.....after almost 50 years in the "Biz" I know quality when I get it, try it!!

Tops for friendliness

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind words for the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel! It’s wonderful to hear that you had such an exceptional experience with us! In addition to our Paparazzi Ristorante, our Rendezvous Lounge offers plenty of dining options and the Brasserie serves breakfast and lunch. We can’t wait to see you again on your next trip to Los Angeles!
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I was surprised by how nice this place is. It's clean, well-run, pleasant helpful staff. Great amenities. Enjoyed the bar area and the outdoor sitting area. Parking was a little awkward, had to park behind the hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
There’s no better way to spend some time at the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel than sipping a cocktail poolside in the California sunshine! We’re pleased to discover that our staff and accommodations exceeded your expectations. Although our self-parking lot is located directly behind our hotel, our complimentary airport shuttle stops in the lot and takes you up to our front driveway. We also have valet parking as well. Thank you for your review; it would be a pleasure to have you back!

Been to Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles? Share your experiences!