“Perfect Hotel for an Early Morning LAX Flight.” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #58 of 327 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect Hotel for an Early Morning LAX Flight.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We chose to stay here at the end of a business trip as we had an early morning flight from LAX. The front desk folks were very friendly and check-in was a breeze. I made a comment about skipping dinner in Newport Beach and the man handling check-in handed me a print out from Google showing how bad traffic was that night to Newport Beach. While this really didn't add any value to the stay, it showed he was paying attention and willing to offer help as needed.

The rooms were large and very well used. Most of the surfaces in my room (floor, walls, furniture) were scuffed and worn. The hotel (my room and public spaces) were clean, they just looked a bit rough. This hotel could go for a bit of a refresh - but that being said, this is an airport hotel, not a resort where you'd take your family for a vacation.

The complimentary shuttle service worked out perfectly for us. We got to the lobby and just missed a shuttle, but another one pulled up in less than 5 minutes and we were at the United check-in desk in less than 10 minutes.

Next time I have an early morning flight or a long layover at LAX, I would definitely stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the quiet side of the hotel -- the airport right next to the hotel, so it will alw...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
SheratonGatewayLAX, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
We are so glad the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel was a breeze for you. Business travelers are a mainstay for us. We know they need what every guest deserves – convenience and comfort. But business travelers like you are often on a tight schedule, and we are pleased that we were able to keep you on time and on track. Our LAX shuttle service runs around-the-clock with a swiftness and reliability that our guests count on. We’ll welcome you back on your return trip and plan to give you the same excellent service you have already received and should expect every time you stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I dined in the restaurant and in the bar area of the Sheraton and everyone was so accommodating. Kerri was very knowledgeable about the menu and recommended a few of her favorites. I wasn't sure what to drink and Horacio did a great job making my drinks, especially since I was so indecisive on what to order. We later moved out to the lobby bar area, where there was a phenomenal guitarist, singing songs...I believe his name was Paul Lemire. I was able to cop one of his promotional CDs he was giving out that night. What a great touch. My friend and I enjoyed our time there and will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
SheratonGatewayLAX, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
It is wonderful to read how much you enjoyed your experience at our Paparazzi Ristorante and Rendezvous Lounge. Both are favorite LA dining and entertainment destinations among guests and locals. Your kind compliments to our dining team are greatly appreciated, we’re so glad to learn of the top-notch service they provided. Thank you for your review, we certainly hope you’ll return for another stay soon.
San Francisco Bay Area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I've stayed in more than 10 hotels in the LAX area, since I have family nearby. But I try to stay at the Sheraton, when their price is good. There are never enough check-in personnel, so you always have a wait, even when you're a SPG Gold member. But the rooms make up for it - large, well appointed, well maintained and quiet (especially important when you're near an airport). This visit, the bathroom was not very clean. Stray hairs everywhere, yuck! When I called room service, it rang and rang. Turns out there was only one person working room service and they were out on a delivery. He called me back and quickly delivered a tasty meal. But, beware of the hotel shuttle from LAX. They don't appear to run as frequently as the other hotels. And at LAX, the hotels share shuttles. The Sheraton's is shared with their pay parking lot, so you really have to pay attention as they zoom past. When I was at LAX, I saw two speed past my stop, without even stopping.

Room Tip: Never had a bad room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
We are glad to read that you enjoyed the comfort of our stylish guest rooms, however, we do apologize for any delays during check-in or when ordering room service. Our complimentary shuttle is a cream and orange colored vehicle with both the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles and EZ Park LAX Logos. The service runs continuously, making stops every 10 - 15 minutes 24 hours a day. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay at the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel, we hope you’ll return for another stay next time you’re visiting family in the LA area.
Morgan Hill, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Very Nice hotel and gr8 service ... they accommodate changes . Mustafa went out of his way to make sure the reservation was done properly . The Bfast is amazing . I would definitely book again .

The only con is - the room service is slow ... very Slow

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
At the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel we understand the importance of accommodating our guests and diligently work to ensure they have everything needed for an enjoyable stay. We’re thrilled you had a pleasant dining experience at our breakfast buffet, however, we do regret any delays while waiting for in-room dining. Your review and recommendation mean a great deal to us, we certainly hope your travels bring you back to our hotel soon.
Grapevine, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I thought the hotel was very nice for being an airport hotel...rooms were excellent, had a nice gym and very very clean. I don't really have a complaint about this hotel...I was upgraded to a suite so I am not sure if the other rooms are not as updated / nice but mine was super. Staff was friendly too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
We are elated to read that your recent stay at the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel exceeded your expectations. Located within walking distance of LAX, our hotel offers all of the comforts of home while you’re here and we’re so pleased you agree. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, we hope you’ll come back for a future stay during your next trip to Los Angeles.
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My son and I stayed here for 1 night on our transit day before heading off to Miami on the next day. Most of rooms have views on the LAX airport which is in a very close distance. So, we loved the runway view from our glass window. The only minor comments were the sound of the airplanes landings and taking offs and their airport shuttle bus might need a replacement for a bigger one. Especially during busy times, people need to wait for the next bus which run about 10-15 minutes because of its capacity of maybe 10-12 persons only. But I'll be back here whenever my travel plan brings me back to LA for a transfer stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We’re so glad that your recent stay was such a pleasant one that it may inspire a return visit to the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel. Our expansive glass wall views of LAX offer great views of the planes, while the soundproof glass ensures a relaxing stay with little noise from outside. We appreciate your recommendations regarding our shuttle and would like to thank you for your patience while traveling at peak times. Thank you for your valuable feedback, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This trip was only a 24 hour lay over but wanted to plan a surprise for my boyfriend and was connected to Stephen Dyrus the Front Desk Manager. He not only helped me with the surprise he made it very simple and was just so professional. The Hotel is beautiful and in a great location for the beach cities. I would HIGHLY recommend anyone flying into LAX book your room with the Sheraton Gateway

Amazing time and would stay there again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
It was truly our pleasure to assist in arranging for the surprise you requested and appreciate your kind words regarding the service you received from our staff. We’re thankful for your helpful mention of our great location, near LAX and a number of beach towns, as well as your recommendation! We certainly hope to welcome you back for a future stay, thank you.

Been to Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles? Share your experiences!