“Excellent choice” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ontario
“Excellent choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel is convenient, the staff is terrific, the beds are comfortable and it is quiet. I left a pair of prescription sun glasses in the room, and lost and found reacted quickly, and they are on their way to me now. They offered a wonderful deal, ad I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SheratonGatewayLAX, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Whether it’s providing comfortable accommodations complete with our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bedding or returning items that were left behind during your stay, we’re delighted to do all that we can to ensure you enjoy your stay. Thank you for such a wonderful review, we do certainly hope to welcome you back to the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

This is my hotel of choice for short layovers at LAX. Friendly, professional hotel staff, a free and frequent shuttle from terminal, and an outdoor pool make this hotel a not so bad place to spend twelve hours or so. I also love the in lobby Starbucks and free printing at the business center. I also might add that I've ordered room service all three times I've stayed here and it was better than average. Highly recommend the low fat ricotta cheesecake.

• Stayed November 2012
To know that we’re your pick when staying near LAX means a great deal. It is our pleasure to provide the accommodations and amenities that make staying at the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel an enjoyable experience. We’re thrilled that you get to take advantage of much of what we have to offer during your short stays and agree that our heated outdoor pool and cabanas are a great place to relax, especially after a long flight. Thank you for your insights, we look forward to the next time we welcome you back.
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Good location. Bus to airport was very handy, the driver took me about 4 am and did not wait for others which was nice. Rooms were good, seemed to be remodeled. I booked this late in the day and hoped for a better rate. I called and got a price from a Sheraton agent and then when I called back to book, the price was higher - and she would not give me the price quoted earlier.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Situated just a quarter mile from the Los Angeles International Airport, the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel is a convenient place for business and leisure travelers and we’re glad you agree. Our modern accommodations reflect Southern California style while providing everything you need to relax and unwind. We’re sorry for any confusion regarding your room rate and hope it did not detract from your stay. Thank you for your review, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have managed two medium work conferences at this hotel, and the service has been superior both times! The crew here is very attentive and helped me with many details, including wonderful food service. A special thanks to Estele Estrada, Sean Drury, Agustin Ortega, and Victoria Rabb for pulling everything off without a hitch!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
With more than 38 meeting spaces and a dedicated convention services staff, we strive to make hosting a meeting at the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel a carefree experience. Thank you for taking the time to name members of our staff that helped make your event a success, your feedback will be shared with our entire team. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back or host another event in the future.
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in November 2012.

I found the room to be spacious, the bed and pillows very comfortable,the room quiet despite being close to the airport although I did ask for a quiet room so I do not know if there are any rooms that can hear the air or road traffic.

The room was very clean, with free Starbucks coffee. There is no safe or refrigerator in the room.

Check- in was fast, the free Airport shuttle runs very 15 to 20 minutes.

There was a bar, a restaurant and another restaurant that serves breakfast. I only tried the bar in the lobby for a soup and sandwich and they were quite good. Although the sports channel on the TV's were making the usual noise you would expect in a bar.

The free computers and printers in the lobby were very convenient as I had to print off my boarding pass.

The hotel is very close to the airport, about a 5-10 minute shuttle ride.

By the way, if you are driving to this hotel , try to use the 105 expressway to get to the hotel instead of driving a long way on W Century Blvd where the hotel is located as the neighbourhood gets more and more sketchy the farther you are from LAX. We tanked up at a gas station a couple of miles from LAX on W Century Blvd and we were harassed by some strange people.

I would stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SheratonGatewayLAX, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
At the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel, our goal is to provide a truly world-class experience with everything our guests need for a comfortable stay. It’s great to read that you enjoyed your accommodations complete with soundproof glass so you get the sights from the airport without the noise. Our airport shuttle and Link@Sheraton provides great conveniences to travelers that wish to get to or from their gate or check their email and print their boarding pass with ease. We offer safe deposit boxes at our front desk and compact refrigerators can be placed in guest rooms upon request, based on availability. Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Typical 4 star hotel. Service was slow at check in/check out ie we weren't starwood regulars so we had to wait for 10 minutes to check in. This wasn't great after flying half way around the world.

The food and service at the bars/restaurants were great.

I was propositioned by two quite nice prostitutes. My friend was propositioned by a drunken guest who should've been cut off by the barman before he made a fool of himself.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We appreciate any and all feedback we receive from our guests and are glad you enjoyed your dining experience at our on-site restaurants and lounges. We regret if you experienced any delay at check-in and will be sure to share you comments with our front desk staff. To our future guests, please be assured that our hotel has zero tolerance for illegal activity and takes the security of our hotel very seriously. Thank you for your review.
Valencia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Checked in on 4/1/12 prior to leaving for our honeymoon. It was a Sunday and that meant, unfortunately, the hotel restaurant was closed. Only dinner option at the hotel was the bar or room service. Had I been there for business, I would have been irritated at the lack of food options. Anyway, room was average, view was of the airport. We stayed on the club floor, cocktail hour and breakfast were as expected but with a high number of kids.

After the stay, I was billed almost 100 days later instead of immediately following the stay. No explanation was given via email or snail mail (they had my addresses). Fearing ID theft I had my CC company cancel/contest the charge as I believed I had paid at the time of service. The CC company ended up agreeing with me and backcharged the hotel. 90 days after this event, the hotel contacts me demanding payment. I have no problem squaring up the bill as I did use their facility, but come on...90-something days later I get charged?

I figure my wife and I will end up staying at one of the other airport hotels the next time we head down to LAX. I figure it will be much less of a hassle.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your recent marriage, we appreciate that you chose to stay with us before heading off on your honeymoon! We’re glad your stay met your expectations and hope you enjoyed your Club-level room as well as your dining experience. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience the hours of operation our hotel restaurant may have caused. We strive to satisfy bills with our guests in a timely manner, so we deeply regret the confusion regarding your bill and realize we missed an opportunity to clarify the issue by not reaching out. Thank you for sharing your feedback, we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back so that we may win your trust in our services.

Been to Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles? Share your experiences!