“Excellent Service for a distressed Guest” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #57 of 323 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
los Angeles
“Excellent Service for a distressed Guest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

To whom it may concern...I just want to take the time out to recognize the pleasent customer service I received throughout different departments of this hotel.First I had just been on a 25 day travel with business and some vacationing with my 3 yr old daughter on her 1st trip to the east coast....Know that was an adventure in its self....So after a late flight arrival.....I took the hotel shuttle to the hotel apon my arrival ...I had 4 big bags of luggage and a 3yr old sleep....Struggling is a modest word for how I was feeling....the shuttle driver assisted me with my bags{Didn't get his name}was excellent he connected me with conceige dept who then proceeded ask was I checking in...I truly was not going to checkin....I said yes based on the service I had received thus far....mind you my car waiting for me in longtime parking ....I look at the front desk to see if there was a line ...and there wasn't...They proceeded to assist me with my child and reservation and baggage....I want to acknowledge a couple of your team members who really went above and beyond the call of customer service....Front Desk..Claudia,Lissette,Robert,Eddie and last but not least Mustafa...Mind you I never made a reservation...They where as attentive to my every need...Bags ,Baby, Food ect...Also once in the room they called to check in on me to see if I was ok or needed anything...I want to say that you are blessed to have these individuals on your staff ....they are truly assets to your organization...Diane you receptionist was great...she assisted me with room service and a very good listening ear....The room and facilities was great ...I work directly in the Customer Service Field as an Operation Manager and travel 50% of my job so I have a keen eye for it....Just wanted to say Thank You Sheraton Gateway Staff Los Angeles...I will be back.

D.Chase

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
SheratonGatewayLAX, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
At the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel, the comfort and well-being of each of our guests is of the utmost importance to us and drives all that we do. It is truly touching to read about your recent experience at our hotel and we're humbled by your kind compliments to our staff. We certainly hope you and your daughter enjoyed the rest of your stay and look forward to a future opportunity to welcome you back. Thank you for your review, it will be shared with the entire team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Monroeville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I felt welcomed and appreciated as a guest. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful with my check in. My room was lit when I entered so I didn't have to hunt in the dark for the light switch. The dinner in the lobby bar was excellent and the wait staff attentive and courteous. The free shuttle service to and from the airport is a nice convenience. The computers in the lobby made it easy for me to print out my boarding pass for the flight home. I will definitely stay at this hotel again on my next visit to LA.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Our greatest hope is that each and every guest feels welcomed and cared for from check in to check out, so we're delighted you had a comfortable stay at the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to mention the aspects of your time with us that you found enjoyable and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Thank you for your review.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is clean and rooms are good. There is a free shuttle to airport. If you like to watch planes, prefer a room that has a view of airport. In despite of airport view, Rooms are very quite, especially at night. If you want to go to city center, you need a cab because the way to go any place takes 1,5 hours by public transportation. localization is good for just airport. Value is average, it could be $10 or $15 cheaper. But overall, I did not encounter any bad experience. I recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2012
We are truly grateful for your recommendation and appreciate your kind mention of our guest rooms. The Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles is conveniently located near LAX, as well as a number of corporate headquarters, universities and notable area attractions like Manhattan Beach. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Missoula, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

As far as the room goes, the bed and pillows are comfortable, but I was expecting better from A Sheraton. The bathroom smelled of mold or mildew. Also the TV sound and picture constantly cuts out on the Showtime channel. I called for this to be corrected, but after the technician changed out the coaxial cable and it didn't fix the problem he told me he would call Lodgenet to try to correct it. This was not fixed.

I doubt I will ever stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
It is extremely important to us that our guests experience the very best in service and accommodations during their time with us so we're disappointed to learn that you stay did not meet your expectations. We greatly appreciated that you reached out to our staff when issues arose and wish we were able to correct all of your concerns while you were here. Please be assured that your comments are being looked into by our housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure our rooms are at their best for future guests. Thank you for your valued feedback and we truly hope to have a future opportunity to win back your trust.
Savannah, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We recently spent a night at the Sheraton Gateway in Los Angeles to be close to the terminal
for an early morning flight. The hotel staff was very gracious, the room spotless with a pleasing view. The lobby bar is well stocked and the bartenders very friendly and attentive. The shuttle next morning to the airport 5 mins away was waiting for us and made for a smooth departure.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
At the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles we strive to deliver a warm comfortable stay that allows you to connect to what is most important to you through an attentive staff, modern amenities and comfortable accommodations. We're touched to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that your departure and flight the next morning were without issue. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon, thank you.
Cape Ann, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Surprisingly fine hotel. Great location near the airport, only 5 minute ride by hotel bus service. Public areas are spacious and attractive. Very nice outdoor patio complete with pool, hot tub and cabanas. Super friendly and helpful staff. Good food at standard hotels prices (a little expensive), but quite good. As good a hotel as many higher rated and more expensive ones. Everything was new and spotless. Excellent value. Oddly, the only exception was the concierge who could definitely improve his people skills.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Sometimes an unexpected surprise is the best kind! Thank you for your review of your time at the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel. We're delighted that you were able to take advantage of the beautiful LA weather and enjoy our outdoor spaces as well as some great on-site dining. We do apologize if you found any service area of our hotel to be lacking and will be sure to share your feedback with the concierge department. We hope you'll return for another stay next time you're in Los Angeles.
Euless, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We found this hotel through Priceline and managed to score a great deal. The staff is wonderful. Everyone is very pleasant and welcoming. The room was large and clean.
The location does not require you to eat at the hotel as there is a Subway and Burger King within walking distance. There is occasional noise from airplanes but we were not bothered by it nor did it disrupt our sleep. We received prompt pick up at LAX, spending the night prior to a cruise from Port of Los Angeles. We couldn't have asked for a more comfortabl overnight.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We couldn't have asked for a kinder review! Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel. Our location is convenient to both LAX as well as the Port of LA and it is wonderful to learn that you enjoyed such a comfortable stay. During your next visit, we recommend giving our on-site restaurants Brasserie and Paparazzi Ristorante a try! We hope you had a great time on your cruise and that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Been to Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles? Share your experiences!