“Great for Park & Fly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Los Angeles Airport Marriott

You added Los Angeles Airport Marriott to your Saves list
Los Angeles Airport Marriott
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5855 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (LAX Area)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #62 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Corona, California
“Great for Park & Fly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed here using the 7 day Park & Fly package for a trip to Hawaii.
Room was comfortable, we all hit the pool in the evening was great for the kids.
Then took the free shuttle to LAX, while our vehicle was stored safely while we were
in Hawaii. The rate was cheaper than most lots and we did not need to rush so
we could enjoy our trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your review, I'm glad you had a great park & fly experience and hope that you'll stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Indonesian first
Gloucester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Plus sides were the free shuttle, the buffet breakfast (included in our room rate) and the pool. The Concierge lent us a baby car seat to use on our LA Taxi Tour which I was very grateful for.

Downsides were that I booked this hotel in March and was disappointed that despite this and my room request for a cot in the room, there was no cot provided. I asked at Reception on arrival and was told there should be one in there but they would go and check, they didn't and my not quite 18 month old slept on the bed next to me as we were too exhausted from our flight to chase it up.

Also annoying that despite requesting a late checkout, my room key card didn't work at 3pm so I went round to the Reception area who asked me for photographic proof that it was me but my passport and drivers licence were in the room safe! They did reactivate the key card as he did actually remember my arrival from the previous evening but still, quite frustrating when you are so tired from a long journey and lack of sleep.

Then there was the fact that there was no room service from 1am to 5am. My 7 year old son was very hungry as we had arrived from the UK that evening and our body clocks were all out and there was literally NO food available! Nothing in the fridge, no food vending machines, no room service......

I had also requested a refridgerator for my medication which needs to be kept cool, unfortunately it quickly froze this along with the nearly $7 glass of milk we'd bought from room service for my daughter.

Prior to travelling I had emailed concierge to ask for information on LA Tours and the Shuttle Bus, but no response. I book hotels worldwide on a regular basis and have never come across such an unwillingness to assist via email from any other hotel, ever. However, I would like to add that Concierge in person was a different matter and they were very, very helpful but I think Marriott LAX need to get up to speed with their modern day clients.

One last complaint... the ridiculously noisy aircon that was in need of updating.

Overall, the hotel was clean and convenient for the airport but I was very disappointed considering the price we paid.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I'm disappointed to hear the details of your stay and have sent you a private message. Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We only stayed at the Marriott for one night but wow it was such a great experience. We arrived at 820am after a long 14 hour flight. We were greated by a very friendly, young gentleman, he checked us in straight away and made us feel very welcome. We had a room on the 5th floor which had a balcony with chairs and a table. It was lovely being able to sit out on the balcony. The room was clean and well equipped. The staff from check in, all of the eateries and even just the staff we passed on our travels were very friendly, happy and always wished us a good morning/evening.

We had meals in both the bar (dinner) and Lattitude 33 (breakfast buffet) and felt the service and food quality was excellent. The buffet did seem a little expensive, but is on par with most other hotels of this standard. We felt the buffet food quality was one of the best we had experienced at a hotel, fresh, flacky pastries, and we even found some freshly juiced watermelon juice.

There is a free shuttle to and from the airport which arrived quickly. There is free wifi in the lobby, but $12.95 for in room wifi.

We had a great stay and believe the staff truely do make this a wonderful hotel near the airport.

Room Tip: The lower rooms have balconies (none above level 6 i think). Great for sitting outside for a fresh b...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I absolutely love it when our guests describe their stays as wonderful. Thank you for choosing our location for your stay and we hope you can come for a longer period in the future.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is a nice airprot hotel. Very close and shuttle runs regular. The hotel is extremely busy and not a relaxing style but very nice and staff are great. The rooms are older style, almost 80's look and feel. If you are into Marriott - its worth the points and convienence - pool is also nice and the steakhouse is superb!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I want to thank you for staying with us and telling us about your experience. I'm so glad you enjoyed our steakhouse (JW's) as well and hope you'll be back to stay with us again.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I mean, if these guys aren't the nicest staff in the world, I want to see the winners. Everyone from top to bottom takes the time and the hotel's better than advertised too.

Yes it's right by the airport so the pool (heated and well decked out with hot tub too) isn't the most serene place you'll ever fall asleep but good enough. Not much sun before 11am as it's surrounded by the hotel on all sides (even better if you like '70's style Vegas architecture, curves everywhere).

Rooms are as expected, so I'll move onto the useful stuff to get around without a car, like getting to the moon in LA, out of the hotel turn right for the Bus Stop - #3 bus for $1 gets you to Santa Monica direct. Turn left, count five palm trees and the shuttle runs to Manhattan Beach for $5 every hour. Bell Hop will confirm all this. Otherwise, you're on an island and would need a car.

Big conference venue so if that puts you off, book elsewhere. They had 600 in when I stayed but didn't really notice apart from lunch time. They keep them all downstairs in the Ballroom. Oh, nice gym too. 4.5 / 5 Stars if possible

Room Tip: See main review for public transport links. Lower floors have poolside balconies. Ground floor ope...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
First I would like to thank you for staying with us and for the great comments. Secondly, your tips for other travelers will certainly be quite helpful. I'm really glad that you had a nice stay with us and hope you'll stay with us again.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Airport hotels - ugh!
Amazing, but true, this hotel is not an "ugh". I am almost embarrassed to admit that I liked this airport hotel! The service is excellent. Even the regular hotel restaurant was great. The rooms are clean and perfectly fine. The noise level is very good, especially since it is next to one of the busiest airports!
I have stayed at other airport hotels. They are usually grungy. This one is definitely not. Even the shuttle service was on time and very nice.
The room rate was very inexpensive and not more than other hotels nearby.
I am not sure what else to say about a great experience if you need a hotel by the LA airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Oh, don't be embarrassed - we love to wow our guests. Thank you for being a guest and we hope you'll stay with us again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The best part of this hotel is the staff. All of the front desk staff are very proactive. If they see you standing around looking lost, they ask to help you. Not once did I see any of them standing around doing nothing.

The lobby is huge, attractive and has plenty of spots for weary travelers to stretch out which is nice. There is a Starbucks and 1-2 restaurants but I didn't have time to check them out. There is also a pool and a hair/nail salon, although I didn't try either of them so I can't comment on quality.

The hotel also has a FedEx office and you can drop your rental (hertz) there even if you picked it up at the airport which is hugely convenient.

My room was just OK, but definitely good enough given the reasonable cost and convenience. The ONLY real miss was no coffee maker. Ugh- if I have to get up at 4 am for a flight, PLEASE give me some coffee. The Starbucks doesn't open until 5 am so you are sort of stuck.

The shuttle was prompt and comfortable. All in all, a very good choice for LAX.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing your stay. It's unfortunate that you didn't get your morning cup of coffee. Next time there's no coffee maker in your room (if that happens) please call down and let us bring you one to your room. I'm glad that you found our front desk staff very helpful, it's something we pride ourselves on - we really want to make sure our guests are taken care of. Again, thank you and I hope you'll stay with us again.

Been to Los Angeles Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!