“Good stay, comfortable clean and safe” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Los Angeles Airport Marriott

Save Saved
You added Los Angeles Airport Marriott to your Saves list
Los Angeles Airport Marriott
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5855 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (LAX Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
LAX Park & Fly Offers
Ranked #60 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Miami, Florida
“Good stay, comfortable clean and safe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel for lax area. Food good, modern gym, everything was very good except concierge sending me offsite to get A mani/pedi having to take a $40+ taxi when there is a salon on site ! Glad I checked the hotel directory.

• Stayed June 2013
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for the great review and feedback! We're sorry about the spa confusion, but we hope to see you again on your next trip to Los Angeles!

1,381 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Turkish first
Santa Ynez, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Marriott overnight, after a a long flight from Paris, before catching the Santa Barbara Airbus to our home. In general the rooms were nice, check in easy and we were able to catch up on some sleep. The dinner in it's Steak House Restaurant was good, but we thought overpriced. The free breakfast was good. BUT THERE IS NO FREE WIFI IN THE ROOM. You have to pay an extra $12 for that. AND I ONLY FOUND OUT ABOUT THAT AFTER ASKING FOR THE CODE AT REGISTRATION. I'm not sure if that was per day or a one time fee, but if this matters to you I'd definitely check it out. You could get free wifi in the lobby which included an in house Starbucks. So the lobby was quite full of people with lap tops, drinking coffee. I just downgraded it to 3 stars due to the sneaky wifi issue.

Room Tip: Check out wifi access at check in.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and feedback. We're happy that you could pleasantly adjust to West Coast time with us, and we hope to see you again on your next layover in Los Angeles!
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

An old hotel with smallish rooms, but maintained and updated very well.
Very comfortable rooms all round.
Has all the facilities one could expect from the Marriott group. A couple of bars and restraurants and all the usual mod. cons.
Ideal for those having to over night in LA to catch a flight the next morning. The shuttle service a great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your great review and feedback! Glad that you had a comfortable stay with us, and we hope to see you again on your next LA layover!
Gold Coast QLD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Retro style hotel. Reception staff very efficient and friendly. Initially told no double rooms left and offered a king with roll away but when I explained there was four of us suddenly a room was available???? Any problem solved and room was fine. Linen was lovely and beds comfortable. Carpet needed a vacuum as we found lots of chards of thick plastic in it which stuck in my daughters foot. We ate at Latitude 33 restaurant which was reasonably priced( Migels service was excellent). The shop had a nice range of food items for a snack.....lucky cause Starbucks was shut when I went to get a coffee at dinner time. The pool was great and well maintained, towels readily accessible. You can order snacks and drinks pool side. The free shuttle bus runs about every 10 minutes the drivers are very polite and friendly.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review, but we want to follow up about the issue with your carpet. Would you mind sending us a private message with your email so we can have the appropriate person contact you? Thanks, and we hope to see you again!
philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My first time to stay in this hotel near the lax. I was basically attracted by the promo rate and it being the Marriott. I stayed here for two nights. Checking in was quick but very impersonal. I was used to friendly staff. The rooms are very typical Marriott, Standard size, but comfortable bed and standard size bathroom. Amenities were not really replenished. The next day, the front desk was full of staff greeters who were friendly and willing to help. Guess there was a convention. Wifi internet came at a price, so the lobby was full of ipad users. My requests from housekeeping were
address fast. Overall, I always stays in hotel near the Los Angeles airport, and my stay in other hotel has been better, Although Marriott is still a very good hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review and feedback. We're glad that you had a pleasant stay with us, and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Los Angeles. Keep an eye out for our great promo rates!
Redlands, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on a Thursday night to drop off traveler for a Friday AM flight. Stayed Friday for time in West LA. Rates for Thurs-Fri are less than Thurs only!! Why not?! The hotel is also good if you have a 1 night layover.

Hotel: ok lobby, public areas, not super-huge, not small. Free wifi in lobby.

Restuarants: They are in hotel, so typcial for that.
-pub-ok, not super, like sports bar. They should make it a blend of sports bar/english pub.
Currently it has a slightly-- cheesy, cheap feel. Need to class-it-up a notch.
-moderate restuarant is ok. clean, we ate breakfast, dinner and lunch there. good.
Breakfast buffet- great if bought with meal bundle. otherwise kinda expensive. but good.
-steakHouse: nicer, expensive. Ok.
-Starbucks: super-convienent. Line gets long at ~7am.
They don't manage long lines well. Use only 1 (of 2) registers.
Should add 1 more person for peak times, use 2 registers.

Pool Area: very tropical. large. Good. Use your swimwear. nice.

Check-in: quick, made reservations online, friendly, efficient.

Room: pool view with patio (floors 2+) have a neat door out to patio. really nice. I had a 2nd floor room, which I normally don't like (prefer higher floors), but turned out great. Didn't need elevator. Room had all the typical amenities.

The hotel is well located in the main airport loop, with shuttle running every ~20mins.

Parking: self park, if it's full, valet.

For airport hotel, good. Can't beat for location, proximity to airport, rooms, food, etc.

Room Tip: Pool views, floors 2+ are good bet. Tower, west facing, as high as possible, great evening views...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review! We really appreciate your feedback, and we're happy that you could share your room tips with our guests. Hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I am going back to this hotel again tomorrow night. I stay here every time I have an early morning flight. The food options inside the hotel are the best and I always sleep like a baby. They always get my breakfast to me quickly so I can know that I will stay on my schedule without any rush. L O V E this place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
...and we L O V E your wonderful review! Thank you so much for sharing. We look forward to seeing you for breakfast again soon!

Been to Los Angeles Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!