“LAX Marriott” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Los Angeles Airport Marriott

You added Los Angeles Airport Marriott to your Saves list
Los Angeles Airport Marriott
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5855 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (LAX Area)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #62 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Houston
“LAX Marriott”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I booked one night here before joining a tour group. Rate was $129, which was about half the norm but I arrived for a Friday night stay. Weeknight stays are much more expensive. I arrived about 10:00AM and they already had my room available for me. Nice room overlooking the pool, which was as requested. The downside to the having a room in the pool area is that they place loud, piped in music all day and into the evening. I don't know why they find that necessary. It was a beautiful day and I wanted to have the balcony door open but the noise was distracting.

Very friendly desk staff. Even the maids in the hall would greet meet with a smile. It was very welcoming.
The King room was nicely appointed and the bed was very comfortable. One thing I did not like about the bed was that it had a thick, heavy duvet which was too hot to sleep under while just the top sheet was not enough.
The A/C unit was very noisy with mechanical sounds. And the water saving flush mechanism on the toilet kept allowing mini-refills every thirty seconds or so, which was quite annoying. However, I reported it to the front desk when I went down to dinner and it was repaired before I returned. Good job, that! Shower head pressure was only fair but at least I didn't have to run around in the tub to get wet.
The elevator nearest my room was inop the first day but there was no sign. I frequently observed people waiting for the elevator so I told them where to find another one: down the hall and around the corner. This went on all day so I'm not sure why a sign wasn't posted. It was working the next morning.
There are three restaurants on property. A casual one, a formal dining room, and a sports bar with a good selection of name brand beers as well as some local crafted one. Like all full service hotels, the food and drink were pricey. There is also a full service Starbucks in the lobby.
Free Wi-fi is available in the lobby. A pet peeve of mine is this: why can low price hotels offer free wi-fi in the rooms but not the upper priced ones? It seems like the more expensive the hotel is, the fewer amenities you get. You can get free Wi-fi, a free breakfast, and maybe even a Manager's Cocktail hour at most $100 (or less) a night hotels and the rooms are just as nice and comfortable. Try getting anything for "free" at more expensive hotels.
Overall though, good experience here. Convenient to the airport with free shuttle service.
I've stayed there before and probably will again if I can catch a good rate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for writing your thoughts about your stay, we definitely appreciate it! We hope to see you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Indonesian first
melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My partner stopped over at this hotel for the night on our way to Las Vegas as our plane was arriving late.
This hotel ticked all the boxes and was very clean , the staff where all very friendly and the room where very nice.
There is nothing around the hotel but other large chains and the airport but the hotel does provide a shuttle service to the airport and also santa monica.
All of the major car hire companies are around the corner within walking distance.
Highly recommend this hotel as a great place for a stop over

Room Tip: All of the rooms have double glazing but if you want a view ask for a room over looking the pool
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thanks for the review - we're so glad that you enjoyed your stop with us. We hope you can come stay for longer next time! There really is quite a lot to do nearby!
southern california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I took a class near LAX for 2 days and my husband and I decided it would be easier to stay nearby rather than battle the traffic. I made a bid through Priceline and got the LAX Marriott. From the exterior the hotel looks a little dated but enter through the lobby doors and this hotel is up to date and beautiful! We were greeted by numerous hotel employees as we made our way to the check-in counter...all offering to help us.
We asked for a low level floor. To our pleasant surprise we were given a poolside room. The room was very nice but even better was the amazing view of the pool. Wow!
We ate at the restaurant "Latitude 33" which was wonderful. Our waiter, Willie, was excellent.
We would definitely return to the LAX Marriott and highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside room....beautiful!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thanks so much for the write-up! We're glad you got to enjoy a poolside room instead of traffic! We can't wait to see you again!
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Needed a last minute stay for myself and co-worker. Very nice one mile from airport. Service excellent, very helpful and friendly. There is a steak house I did not try but sports bar perfect for quick meal. Rooms up-to-date. Very nice modern clean gym. Hotel almost all business people so very quiet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thanks for writing about your very nice stay - please come see us again!
Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The look from the outside is a bit dated. In an area with other big chains, nothing stands out, until you leave your car that is. The service starts and end with the valet - which is expensive by the way - but I digress. The hotel service is what needs to be touted. At check-in, I had an issue that needed resolution. "January" came to the rescue. She worked out the problem in short order and had me moving quickly. In my haste to finally get to my room - I left my valet ticket behind. No problem, January looked up the number - discovered it was me - and had my ticket sent to my room. Perfect. The staff that lines the check in was also very attentive. Not like "give me a tip" attentive - but genuine. At least it felt that way.

I meet my party of 2 and the 3 of us dined at the JW Steak house. OMG the food. I recommend the Rib eye.. wow... And again - the service was outstanding. Cost for the 3 of us w/out alcohol but equally huge meals was $204. Thats a very good price.

The room was average, but nicely appointed. The bathroom door is really small. Good thing I am too - otherwise. . hmm.. The bed very comfortable w/6 pillows . .
I came away with 3 things from this hotel. Service - Service - Service. Outstanding.

Room Tip: My room had a balcony. Pretty cool. You may as for a room without one and get more sqft.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, we're so glad you enjoyed the service! We definitely strive to assure you have an excellent experience and it sounds like you feel like we delivered. Other travelers will certainly appreciate your thoughts on JW's also, thanks so much! Come see us again!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have been staying at the LAX Marriott for the past 18 years. As a member within the aviation community, I must say that the rooms, service and food are all above the norm. For starters, the professionalism and warmth begins when arriving at the entrance: well dressed greeters welcome you to the hotel and wish you a pleasant stay. At check-in, the front desk staff is always ready and willing to go "the extra mile" for you. If you have the opportunity to meet Alex, the evening concierge, you will feel as if you've come home after a long journey away. He is truly the top in his class!! If you fancy a delicious breakfast buffet, may I recommend the hotel restaurant. Although it may be a bit pricey, you will be greeted with amazing food, freshly prepared, and service that compares to a well-run, highly efficient, and friendly main-stream restaurant. Having said that, I must insist you look for a server named Ulla, a lovely Swedish woman, who will befriend you and offer you a delightful dining experience! As for the rooms: they are well appointed, as Marriott is known for, and clean. You will find the beds extremely comfortable, and the bathrooms equipped with decent amenities. This hotel also has a decent fitness center, pool, and a full sized Starbucks Coffee. In all, I would highly recomment this hotel for any traveler wishing to stay close to the LAX airport. The only reason I did not rate this hotel at the highest of 5 points, in spite of my rave review of the property, is that the van service which is run by the city of Los Angeles does not run on a schedule and guests are required to qieue up for transportation to and from the airport.

Room Tip: Try to get a room below the 5th floor with a poolside view. These rooms come with mini refridgerato...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review and for staying with us over the last 18 years! We'll let Alex and Ulla know how you feel about them as well. Have a great week!
Kennewick, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

We asked for a quiet room and near an elevator and we got one! Good service from the front desk to the shuttle driver. . Loved our room, it had a sitting area. Great food on site. Good shuttle. This is why I prefer Marriott!

• Stayed February 2013
We're so glad you had a great stay! Thank you for telling the online world about it, hope to see you again soon!

Been to Los Angeles Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!