“Convenient to airport, but you'll pay for internet access” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Los Angeles Airport Marriott

Save Saved
You added Los Angeles Airport Marriott to your Saves list
Los Angeles Airport Marriott
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5855 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (LAX Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
LAX Park & Fly Offers
Ranked #60 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Valley Forge, PA
“Convenient to airport, but you'll pay for internet access”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed here for one night after our recent cruise. We booked the hotel via the cruise line to avoid the hassle of trying to arrange transportation, etc. We arrived amidst a bit of chaos as the guests who were due to sail out on the cruise ship were still at the hotel. We were brought in via a side door rather than via the main entrance. They handled the check in efficiently, and it wasn't long before we were in our room. The staff was friendly and efficient despite being very busy.
The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a good size, and there was no sign of mildew.
Our room was on the ground floor, and faced the courtyard. It was a bit chilly, so we didn't spend time on the balcony or near the pool. Both looked inviting, and would probably be pleasant areas in warmer weather.
The hotel features two restaurant (sports bar and steakhouse) as well as a small gift shop.
The free shuttle to the airport runs every half hour round the clock. No reservations are required. We were pleased that they provide computers in the lobby for complimentary airport check in and printing boarding passes. Also convenient was the display that showed departure status for flights.
There are a few drawbacks to this hotel.
Not exactly value for the price:
Internet access is not free (Hey, Marriott: even economy places offer free internet!). There is no complimentary breakfast (Hey, Marriott: even economy places offer a free continental breakfast!). I've paid less for hotels of this caliber with both internet and breakfast included. For this reason, I've marked the value as "Poor".
A few noise issues:
Heater/air conditioner is LOUD. We also unplugged the mini fridge because it too was a bit loud. Both are common problems with even premium hotels. Our room was near the ice & vending machines which were also noisy. If this is bothersome, best to request a room that's not in close proximity to this area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

1,380 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We booked run of the house and was given a queen room which we discovered are all positioned next to the elevators on each floor. The noise from the elevator was such that we were unable to sleep, which defeats the purpose of booking an airport hotel.

We were unable to change rooms because they were fully booked and the receptionist was unsympathetic and fairly rude.

We tried to eat in the restaurant but at 9:30 it was closed so we ate in the bar which was busy and pretty bad. It was greasy, overpriced and included ingredients not mentioned in the menu (bacon in the potato wedges)

After this night we have decided to cancel our two future bookings as we felt that spending the night at the airport would have been a better choice.

I'm sure the king rooms would have been better but overall the feeling of the hotel was that of a production line of guests starting or ending their trip in a pretty bad mood.

Please also note wifi is not free in the rooms, which seems strange to me these days, and they charged us for calling 1-800 numbers and also local numbers from the room when we lost our phone in the car rental

Room Tip: Don't book a queen room if you don't want to be next to the elevators!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Flower Mound, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I arrived on a late flight into LAX and did not want the hassle of renting a car and trying to find out way around LA at midnight so we decided to stay here for one night. There is a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel that was easy enough to use. The staff was great and the hotel actually had very nice pool grounds for an airport hotel. We also used the trolley the next day, which has a pickup/drop-off stop in front of the hotel. Tickets for the trolley are only sold inside the hotel and are $5.00/person for a round trip ticket to Manhattan Beach- about a 30 minute ride. The trolley stops every hour here. Rooms were a standard Marriott hotel room- what made this place nice was the staff and convenience to the airport/beaches.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed here twice in the last 10 days and during both visits I was absolutely impressed by the quality of the staff - their warmth and genuine interest in their quests was wonderful. I also appreciated the sense of humour many of them had.
The rooms were very well cleaned with the facilities in the rooms all that is required - nothing flashy but very functional - in the best possible way. In one of the rooms the shower was a bit testing to get right - but time and patience solved the problem.
I really enjoyed the breakfasts - good selection of American food - not sure how you would go if that wasn't to your taste but no problems from my perspective.
Thanks for the service.

San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hotel is still undergoing renovations as of Nov 2012. They do go out of their way to make up for any inconvenience, however. They had a temporary gym set up downstairs that spanned a couple of meeting rooms. If you weren't happy with the temp gym, they offered day passes to the local 24 Hour Fitness. Staff was very helpful and friendly. I didn't have any construction noise in my room. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, everything (i.e. TV, lights) worked. Didn't eat at any of the restaurants or bars on site. Proximity to LAX was a plus.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights after a flight from Australia before heading onto our final destination. We have stayed here several times before as we are Marriott Platinum members and like the use of the Executive Club, which by the way, is closed on weekends. The rooms are rather small but not unusually so for an airport hotel. The rooms are a bit tired and the bed mattress in our room may have been at the end of it's replacement cycle. We ordered several meals in-room and were not disappointed. Most staff were very friendly and did their jobs well. There are a few restaurants lobby level and a well-stocked gift shop that sells some decent wines as well. The television was of good quality but when playing in-room movies the sound was not loud enough to hear well. We have experienced this on other stays so it must be the movie system. Now for the Executive Club. The snacks were very sub-standard with the veggies being discolored and wilted. Very low quality snacks as well and few as compared to other Clubs at other Marriotts. Alcohol comes at a charge also, which is not true of other Marriott properties. When I discussed this with a manager who happened to be in the club, he challenged me to name a US club where alcohol was free. When I named one his response was that it was a sister club not a Marriott. I had named an "Autograph" hotel . This lone manager was the down point of our stay. I should have discussed the shabbiness of his lounge. If you intend to stay here for the concierge level go elsewhere. Also I went to the club for breakfast at 8:55am and all the food was gone. Not even a cup of hot coffee. Why the rush to close? I have never experienced this and my partner and I landed up with a 40USD room service bill for breakfast. The customer does not come first or second at his Executive Club. I have just canceled my reservation here for November and will stay at the Renaissance nearby. Again did I mention we are Platinum Members?

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Alameda, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I'm cheap. I got a package rate through southwest of $89/night, which was very reasonable indeed and worth every penny. I've stayed in some real dives and this was NOT one of them.

I was there for the Castle TV convention. Castle is a really wonderful comedy/drama/crime procedural show starring Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic, Seamus Dever, Jon Huertas, and a great supporting ensemble cast. Sometimes it's funny as heck, sometimes it's scary as heck, sometimes it's exciting and occasionally it's sad, but it's always well-written and entertaining. Also, if you're an X Files fan, a lot of the production crew including Rob Bowman are involved. So watch it, because it's great. One quibble: I was there for a Castle convention. Why was Castle not on the on-demand list of recent shows one could watch? Bones was!

Back to the hotel. I got kept waiting for a few minutes and the concierge upgraded both me and the friend waiting with me to free wifi in our rooms. I got a free shaving razor delivered to my room instead of having to go down to a vending machine and buy one. Every single staff member I encountered seemed sincerely friendly and showed a desire to be helpful.

My room was clean and very comfortable with an extraordinarily ugly view of parking lots and the hotel across the way, but that's what drapes are for, I guess! :-) The bed made me realize I need a new mattress because I woke up feeling wonderful. NICE white cotton sheets. The bathroom ventilation system was a mixed blessing: it wasn't super-efficient so after a shower it took a while to de-fog the mirror and my bedroom was a bit muggy. Also there was no fan to switch on. But on the positive side, there was no fan noise, which I just HATE. So the quiet was worth a little extra steam. Speaking of quiet, there was some kind of teenage politicians-in-training convention, and while they were a bit noisy around the elevators, that noise didn't translate to my room. The hotel is well insulated against sound and vibration, especially considering we were right by the airport. Well done.

I went to downtown Hollywood with a group to see some sites, and another concierge (who was, incidentally, incredibly handsome) made the very smart suggestion of hiring a limo/SUV instead of calling cabs. It worked out to be about the same as we would have spent individually for a cab, and it was very comfortable and pleasant except for the Christmas music in the first limo.

Apparently the gym was out of commission onsite but they had worked out a deal with the local gym. I had a cold so I didn't pursue it.

One thing I would have really appreciated: a coffee maker or microwave. Usually they're available in a room of this price range. The Starbucks was understaffed and there were long lines both there and at the cafe. BTW - even though I sat alone and just had a bowl of (very good) minestrone at the cafe, the waitress was attentive and very sweet.

All in all, it was a great experience, and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Los Angeles Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!