“The worst hotel i have ever stayed in.” 1 of 5 stars

Travelodge Hotel at LAX
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5547 W. Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (Westside)   |
Ranked #108 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Chicago, Illinois
“The worst hotel i have ever stayed in.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Room smell like a cheap motel, we could no open window because it is accessable to anybody from outside so we just kept coughing all night. The furniture is so old, the bed and linens are so discusting. And the noise from outside (cars, plaines and people) was on extremely loud all night including the TV in the next room! Worst experience! I think we were better off waiting for our flight in the airport. Very very dissapointed!

• Stayed May 2014
Michael19490_10, Manager at Travelodge Hotel at LAX, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
A shared disappointment... Our goal is to provide our guests with a stay that is relaxing and enjoyable. When that experience does not happen, we are saddened to learn of the guest's displeasure with their stay.
Mattresses and linens -- all of the hotel's mattresses are pillow top that were purchased in 2013--please note other reviews that find the mattresses so comfortable; the linen is provided by the same service that attends to 3 to 5 star hotels in the area. Room odors--a non perfume room freshener is used to avoid creating an issue for guests with allergies; windows can be open and no more accessible for entry from the outside as your windows in your home. Furniture--style seems to be translated as indicative of the age of the room furnishings -- we are a fifties motor/lodge that has been preserved which means that all the room amenities are updated but not necessarily in the style of the current decade.
A guest who submits a negative review will identify everything that supports their rating--SO I can then assume that the customer service was acceptable; the shuttle service operated on time; the continental breakfast was pleasing; the grounds were enjoyable; the television...hot water...and cleanliness of the room were all in the plus category. If an inconsiderate guest is disturbing your stay, then notify the front desk and security will respond. I am sure that we did not fulfill the guest's expectations and regret that their stay with us did not have any enjoyable or redeeming moments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 1 night after arriving from London Heathrow. We were pretty tired and hungry. We were greeted at the hotel and checked in walked to our room, which was very nice and clean. We went for food at the Denny's restaurant next door...very good burgers! Our room was very nice and had a good night sleep. When we woke up and went for breakfast we were pleased to see a range in food. Along with cereal, fresh fruit, fruit juice, tea and coffee there was a waffle maker and pancake maker. You must try these and top with your preferred topping...butter, honey, maple syrup, chocolate spread. A very good start to the morning. A very nice hotel to stay at with great breakfast and a good location for when you first arrive or depart Los Angeles.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael19490_10, Manager at Travelodge Hotel at LAX, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
The goal of the staff and management is to enable our guests to have a moment to escape the hustle and bustle of travel. We strive to provide value while not sacrificing customer service, complimentary amenities, room cleanliness, landscaping, and convenient food options.
Thank you for submitting a review of your recent stay with us.
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

What a great, well kept little motel! It is cheap and clean. We used it for a day stay between arriving on an early morning flight and leaving late the same night. Great rates, comfy rooms to leave your bags have a shower and take a nap. The pool and gardens are very well kept. Flowers everywhere and helping receptionist. Denny is next door and very handy for some food. Will be back if needed

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael19490_10, Manager at Travelodge Hotel at LAX, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for submitting a review and awarding us with a 5 star rating. Our goal is to provide travelers who are transitioning through LAX an opportunity to rest in a tranquil, tropical garden setting. Guest rooms provide the opportunity for a nap on the comfortable pillow top beds and take a relaxing hot shower. Many day guests will take short tours from the hotel either by metro or tour bus. Denny's 24 hr. restaurant/lounge adjoins the hotel which provides for all of your food needs....several fast food stores are located within easy walking distance.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

You need to rate this hotel from 2 different points of view... If you look it as a place to stay for the night you arrive to LA or the for the day of your departure, is a great choice. The front desk staff is friendly, good breakfast, FREE shuttle from/to airport works every 15 minutes, and it's a few blocks away from car rentals, and less than 10 minutes away from LAX. In the other hand, as a hotel, it's too expensive for the kind of “value” they offer, even though the rooms are big and the bed is comfortable, it's like a hotel/motel mix that should be a little less expensive. Keep in mind that it can be a little noisy beacuse of the proximity to airport/highway.

Room Tip: If you are packed with lugage ask for a ground floor room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael19490_10, Manager at Travelodge Hotel at LAX, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Thank you for your review. Whether you are a day rate or overnight guest within our competitive set of hotels we strive to provide the best value for your lodging dollars. The operating costs for any business varies from location to location and the Los Angeles Airport community does present a challenge to give our guests for a moderate room rate many complimentary amenities...shuttle service to airport, restaurants, and car rental agencies, parking, continental breakfast, customer computer service, free printing of boarding passes, and a 24 hour personable and knowledgeable desk staff.
New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

A pleasant surprise so close to LAX. We had to stay overnight in LA after a 30 day cruise before we could get our flight to North Carolina. I booked it because of the location. I have never been in an airport hotel/motel that was so nice. The gardens were attractive. Rooms large and clean. The junior Olympic pool was a BONUS. We had to leave before breakfast so I can't comment on that. Our shuttle was timely...A great experience. Can't say the same for LAX itself but that's another story...

Room Tip: Our ground floor unit had a nice patio. Even though it was on the Sepulveda Blvd side the street noi...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
On behalf of the staff and management thank you for the 5 star review you gave us. We are always pleaed to learn that we had successful fulfilled our guests lodging needs.
Springfield, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I arrived at the Travelodge Hotel at LAX after an exhausting three day photoshoot. I was warmly greeted and relieved to find that there was free parking for my rental car. I stayed in room 168 which was on the back side of the hotel and a short walk from the parking area. I found my room had all of the conveniences including an iron and ironing board, hair dryer, toiletries and coffeemaker with complimentary coffee packets. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable.

I noticed that the hotel is serviced by a company named LAX Room Service 24 which offers Cuban, American, Asian, Italian and Mexican entrees with most priced at only $9.95 for a complete meal ($15 minimum). There were also two menus from a local Persian and Italian restaurant willing to deliver. I wanted to get out and stretch my legs a bit, though, so I opted to walk over to the Denny's restaurant that adjoined the hotel and have dinner there.

When I returned from dinner I stopped at the main desk to ask how much time I should allow the next morning to turn in my rental car before taking the shuttle to the airport. The concierge asked if I needed the car that evening and I told him no. He recommended that I take the car back right then and I was happy to learn that the Alamo car rental was only two stop lights down from the hotel. The concierge gave me a hotel business card and said I could call them when I was ready to return and they would send a shuttle for me. I needed to fill the rental car's gas tank and there was a gas station right on the corner next to the hotel. Everything was just so convenient! The hotel even has a little convenience store for late night snacks like ice cream.

When you check in the desk clerk provides you with a code to access the hotel's wifi and I had no problem connecting with my iPhone to read my email when I got back from returning my rental car. I had a great night's sleep and didn't hear any airport traffic.

In the morning I walked over to the hotel's breakfast room and found plenty of tables and a good selection of items including waffles, very tasty steaming hot sausage patties, fresh fruit, yogurts, bread for toast, bagels and a choice of cereals, juices, coffee, tea and chilled milk. There was even a privacy-fenced outdoor patio area to enjoy the morning breeze.

After breakfast I checked out of my room and sat on a bench in front of the office and waited just a few minutes for the airport shuttle. The shuttle dropped me off right in front of the curbside check-in kiosk for United and I was soon on my way!

I feel I have found a great go-to hotel for anytime I am staying in the Los Angeles area.

Room Tip: Rooms along the backside of the hotel are probably the quietest.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for submitting a review of your stay with us. We appreciate the 5 star rating you provided the hotel and the informative listing of the amenities that you enjoyed.
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Had a lovely stay here - quite a quiet room except for the occasional trundle of luggage on the way past! No big deal. The bed was very comfortable and pillows too - no complaints. Continental breakfast included in the price was greatly appreciated. This hotel is a very convenient spot for LAX travellers as well as those who recognise value for money. I found the layout of the property very pleasant and the gardens well maintained - a pleasure to walk through on the way to my room. I will be recommending this hotel also to those passing through LA as there is a very reasonable day rate. Some reviewers mentioned noise but I am a light sleeper and ear plugs dealt with this issue. All in all, it was a delightful stay for a well satisfied customer. I will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a garden room on an outside corner facing away from the road
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
We are a unique lodging option. The privately owned and operated medium size hotels of two stories of the fifties and sixties are disappearing. The Travelodge Hotel at LAX has had few changes in ownership. The goal has been to maintain a lodging style that provides open spaces with well maintained landscaping located without a metropolis of high rise hotels. Customer service, cleanliness, and room amenities are on a constant agenda of upgrading. We definitely are an oasis within the hustle and bustle of the 2nd busiest airport in the United States.
Thank you for submitting a review of your stay with us.

Been to Travelodge Hotel at LAX? Share your experiences!