“Great Airport Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Great Airport Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Renaissance LAX is a great Airport Property. Clean fresh rooms, good location. With all that traffic in LA it made things easy to stay so close to the airport. The front desk staff were very friendly and the property is "fresh". My only negative is that the in-room-safe is on the floor and not simple to operate. Other than that I will be happy to return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RenaissanceLAX, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
We're thrilled you enjoyed your experience with us and that the amenities within the hotel worked out for you overall. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to the L.A.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We recently stayed at the Renaissance LAX, and took advantage of their Park,Sleep, Fly special. This hotel is beautiful....from the common areas to the individual rooms. There are also lots of people roaming about to help you with any questions you might have. We stayed one night and left our car parked there while we were traveling. It was great to have covered parking and know that our vehicle was secure. The price was a terrific value for what we received. We'll be doing the same thing when we travel in April!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tooele, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel at a very discounted rate and I feel that price was still way too high for what you get. The only positive things to say about this hotel is that it is near the airport and the rental car return was right across the street. However, you can get those same positive notes from several other hotels that are all around you. The pool was extremely small with little to no room to relax by. Parking costs $25 a day. There are several areas to park alongside the road so please do not pay that. Wifi isn't free (who doesn't offer free Wifi these days?!) Breakfast prices were astronomical. The hotel wasn't AWFUL by any means, it just wasn't worth the price you pay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RenaissanceLAX, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience both unfavorable and favorable, as the feedback we receive is a priceless tool in enabling us to maintain and improve our guest experience.We hope to have the pleasure of your return one day soon!
Metter, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Awesome hotel and amenities. Great location for traveling around LA. Parking charges were the biggest con about the hotel. The view from our room was great. High grade of a Marriott. It was beautiful. Would stay again if parking was free. Watching the planes land at night was a great treat!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we truly appreciate it! It's great to hear that the hotel amenities worked out well for you overall. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon!
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I've stayed at this property quite a few times over the years, and my husband and I stayed recently before our early morning flight out of LAX. Check-in went smoothly and as a Platinum Premier Marriott Rewards member I was offered both the points and amenity as arrival gifts. I let the staff member know I would order the food items later and she said she would let the operator know so that I could call and order without a problem. My Platinum arrival gift was delivered shortly after I ordered. Only "problem" was that they did not have any white wine, only merlot.

I was upgraded to a suite, as is usual at this property. It was a nice corner suite on the ninth floor. The living area had a desk, sofa sleeper, and flat screen tv. There is a credenza, with mini-fridge in the area between the living area and the bed area. There is another flat screen tv on the dresser across from the bed. The bathroom has adequate Aveda amenities, as well as a hairdryer. Even though the hotel is near the airport, I've never had problems with airplane noise.

The concierge lounge is on the eleventh floor, with computers on the tenth. Evening offerings and dessert have always been good. We had a snack and for dessert they had cookies and chocolate covered strawberries. There is a fridge with soft drinks and water, and there is a hot beverage maker in the lounge. The lounge opened in the morning at 0600, but we had to leave before then, so we were not able to have breakfast this time. However, the times I have eaten breakfast in the lounge, it was more than just scrambled eggs. Staff in the concierge lounge has always been friendly.

My bill was correct, and nicely tucked in between the door and the frame, so all I had to do was pull it out. Newspapers were on a table just outside the elevator lobby. There was an ice machine, as well as a soft drink machine in the elevator lobby.

There is an airport shuttle, but I believe it is run by the airport, not the hotel. It runs every 15-20 minutes, but not on a set schedule. We've never had an issue with the shuttle, and the drivers have always been helpful and courteous. Once the shuttle leaves the hotel, it stops at one other hotel before departing for LAX.

We like this location as we can return our rental car and save a day's rental and not have to deal with traffic and returning a rental car before our early flight back to the east coast. The hotel's staff is also professional and friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we truly appreciate it! We’re thrilled to hear that you get to experience our amenities, friendly and helpful team during your stay overs. A personal service we are all so very proud of! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Los Angeles!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Looking for a place by LAX to catch that early morning flight. This is it. Great Marriott service all the way around. Shuttle to airport. Nice bar with live music and clean rooms. Did not have time to eat on site.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to Los Angeles.
Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Ive stayed here a dozen times over the last 5-6 years. This was probably my last. We had a short layover and just wanted to get some sleep and get back to the airport. I've read in other reviews about problems with the shuttle, but I thought we would be fine. I was wrong. We waited 45 min for the shuttle (which is supposed to come every 20) and called 3 times. Not sure what the issue was. The Courtyard shuttle (which was my 2nd choice to stay at) came THREE times during that 45 min. When I checked in the front desk guy was amused and not surprised by the late shuttle.

The rooms here are just fine. A bit dated but clean and fully functional. No problems here.

I am a Platinum at Marriott and most hotels (when the lounge is closed on weekends) give breakfast coupons. This was the main reason I was staying here over the Courtyard. Well, about 4-5 months ago this hotel stopped that practice. Breakfast is $25pp for the buffet so plan accordingly.

I did speak with the manager about the late shuttle and no breakfast and he did offer up ONE free breakfast but since I was travelling with my wife and kids it was not worth it to me. We ate at LAX instead.

So to recap, next time I will most likely stay at the Courtyard. I am a hard core Marriott guy so that limits my choices. The Courtyard has new rooms and a great shuttle.

If you don't need the shuttle and are not a Platinum then this hotel could be a fine choice.

Room Tip: Even the rooms facing the runways are very quiet. Get something away from the elevators.