“Pleasant location for conference” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #58 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Laguna Woods, California
“Pleasant location for conference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff was welcoming and beds comfortable. Meeting rooms were fine but often cold or warm. They did a good job on meals, especially considering the size of the group. The selection was good as well with some healthy options. back next year.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I recommend this hotel as your stay over at LAX. Very clean, modern (due to the current makeover) and decent room service. $19 flat rate cab fare to the terminals or the shuttle at the door. Staff helpful and friendly though leave time for bell service in the morning as it can take some time. So close to the airport but I never heard a jet. Good sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Pros: Staff very efficient, room and bathroom large, modern, very clean, bed comfortable, airport courier fast
Cons: Need more electrical outlets near bed (hunting for outlets to charge two phones), modern bathroom sink recessed too far back for shorter people, towels rough textured, no snack machines

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This hotel is a stone's throw from LAX. It is also across the street from all the rental car companies. Thus an easy walk if you need to rent a car or return one. I booked a park and fly package which apparently meant you park your care and never take it out. That wasn't specified on the hotel website. As we were staying at the hotel for a couple of nights we ofcourse needed to drive the car in and out. The receptionist was nice enough to change it for us at no extra charge. We also got Wi-Fi with the package. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Stamford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed here on the first night of our holiday. The first shock was finding out that it was going to cost another $35 to park the car overnight, but after looking around, became calmer after it appears that this is common around here, and I suppose its exactly the same as london for parking. The hotel itself was extremely clean and modern, and all the staff were helpful and attentive. The most memorable thing about the place though, was the very comfortable beds. I know people will think that we were probably tired, and any bed would seem comfortable, but it wasn't just me, everybody we spoke too said the same.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Generally speaking I only stay at Marriott hotels thanks to their awesome rewards program. On a recent trip to LA I stayed at the Renaissance because I'd liked it so much on a previous visit. I won't be making that mistake again.

Normally Marriott hotels excel at customer service. Customer service is where the Renaissance failed.

Examples:
- We had to return on two separate occasions to ask that our pass for the parking garage be activated.
- We had to call down twice to ask for extra towels.
- We had to call down twice to ask for foam pillows. It took two hours for the pillows to arrive and when I called down the second time they had no notice of the first call.
- I ordered coffee for 2 and one continental breakfast. The continental breakfast was supposed to consist of a croissant AND muffin, fruit, and juice. When my order arrived I had 1 coffee mug, a piece of toast, fruit, and juice. I called back down and asked for my additional coffee mug, as well as the croissant and muffin I'd ordered. We waited an hour but the rest of our order never arrived.

I'm not letting this skew how I feel about the Marriott brand in general but I think this Renaissance needs to take a good luck at their customer service and fix a few things. Asking for something twice isn't a big deal. Asking for everything twice is a problem.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I fully believe this place can do better than what I experienced. The A/C in my room didn't work and the maintenance guy had to come up after 2 1/2 hours to re-start the compressor. The room didn't have any facial tissues (Kleenex, for one) and when I complained, the front desk said "That is a housekeeping oversight". I don't really care who the oversight is on, I want it fixed. The front desk didn't even offer to fix the problem, just told me that it was an oversight by housekeeping.

I think this hotel can do much better and there are a lot of hotels by the LAX airport. The ambiance of this place is nice, the room is fine, but the attitude of the staff and the blame game isn't appealing to me. I think everyone can encounter a problem or two in a hotel, but the way the hotel responds is the key to whether or not I will go back. I think I will opt not to go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!