“We used to like this place” 2 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe Graikos
19346 Rinaldi Street, Los Angeles, CA 91326 (North San Fernando Valley)
818-831-1187
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3,528 of 8,619 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Greek
Neighborhood: North San Fernando Valley
Neighborhood: North San Fernando Valley
Los Angeles, California
“We used to like this place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We ordered their Greek Avgolemeno soup (chicken, rice, lemon) and it was so salty and so overly thickened that we could not finish it. (I was craving the soup so my husand got it as take out on his way home from work. The price was $3.99 per bowl which was not a bad price if it had tasted good. The last time we got their food, it was okay but we thought it was overly priced. Very disappointed and will not go back.

Visited February 2013

Seattle
“Fantastic Greek food in a surprising location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were stopping at Whole Foods and noticed this little restaurant practically next door and stopped for lunch. What a surprise. This is one of the best Greek restaurants I've been to! We did the 2 for $20 deal and it was quite a bargain. Everything tasted wonderful, and fresh. Best falafel I've ever had. The avgolemono soup was also excellent. I don't live here, but am looking forward to my next visit to the area. I'm definitely coming back here! Excellent job by everyone, including the wait staff. This place is a gem.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Great 2 for $20 deal and AMAZING dip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Honestly the best greek food I've ever had, I always go for their lunch special (before 5pm) where you get 2 meals for $20. The dips they serve (get half and half) are both incredible, they have healthy soup and salad options, and then you get to choose your food. I've gotten the gyro, the kabob and the greek pizza before and they were all fantastic. Really won't disappoint.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pahoa, Hawaii
“EXCELLENT HEALTHY GREEK CUISINE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

We stumbled upon this wonderful restaurant by chance during a business trip stay in Chatsworth last week. For a cold December night, this warm and cozy restaurant was a big welcome. The food was so delicious AND healthy (low sodium, low fat and no MSG as noted on the menu). Nice professional wait staff and extensive beer/wine list. We ordered 3 appetizers, 1 soup, 1 salad, 2 entrees, plus a large basket of warm pita bread, quite a feast! We enjoyed the saganaki appetizer (Kasseri cheese - flambé at the table by our waiter - with brandy and lemon, $8.99) and the avgolemono soup (traditional Greek egg-lemon soup, $5.99) was absolutely divine! The Grecian Platter entrée ($22.45) came with skewers of chicken, lamb, and succulent shrimp, all perfectly grilled and served on a bed of rice pilaf and steamed vegetables, along with bowls of freshly made hummos and tzatziki (Greek yogurt with cucumber, mint and garlic). The other entrée was the Sample Platter ($19.95) with grilled filet mignon and chicken breast on skewers, served with rice pilaf, falafel patties and savory bourekia (ground lamb, pine nuts, herbs baked in phyllo dough). We love Greek cuisine and so far have only one favorite Greek restaurant in New York City on top of our list. Now we can add to the list Café Graikos in southern CA!

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Roger is wonderful and their gyro pizza is so good. So is their salad and my sister loves their soups.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2008