“Nice surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alexis Greek Restaurant

Alexis Greek Restaurant
9034 Tampa Ave, Los Angeles, CA 91324-3523 (South San Fernando Valley)
(818) 349-9689
Neighborhood: South San Fernando Valley
Hollister
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We were looking for a unique place to go near the CSU Northridge campus. It's in a strip mall but there was nice greenery around the entrance so it really stood out. We really enjoyed the Greek food we ordered and will be back again to try the Portuguese offerings. We started with two appetizers of a melted cheese which they flamed in brandy and their "famous meatballs". We enjoyed both and were almost full before we even started our meals. We tried the gyros and a sampler platter and enjoyed absolutely everything. Really nice surprise in a strip mall!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
“We keep coming back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have been here for dinner with friends. And family. And today for another lunch. The waiter was helpful and complied with our requests. Our food was good Drinks were refilled. The place is clean.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible restaurant with stone in their food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

If you want to waste your money go to this restaurant! Me and my girlfriend went to this restaurant since I love Greek foods. After we ordered our food we found a piece of stone in the food. I have not grown up in U.S so I had no idea how to deal with this situation. I just asked the waiter and he simply explained that there can be a bone inside the ground meat! My question is what kind of low standard meat do they use in their food? I am pretty sure it was piece of stone! He took away the stone and instead gave us piece of baguette and another piece of the same food which we found stone therein.

We ended up paying the same amount of money! I am recommending you not to go to this restaurant at all. They could simply apologize for the piece of rock in their food and not charge us. They did not even apologize!

Please do not support such a restaurants.

Visited September 2011
Los Angeles, California
“Great food, strange hours.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2009

Food is some of the best Greek Ive ever had, granted most places in "The Valley" are basically Greek fast food, this place is more high end Greek and Portuguese food. The lamb is some of the most tender Ive had in my life. They have HOMEMADE pita thats a nice change from the bagged stuff. My only gripe is, for the prices the portions are small. They have a very nice covered outdoor patio and plenty of seating indoors so its never crowded. They are closed from 3pm-5pm I find that strange and many times Ive been in the area at that time and would have gone if it wasnt for that fact.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Amazing Greek food. Forget Daphne's...this is the real deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2008