“Should have guest laundry” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport

You added Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8620 Airport Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (LAX Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #83 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Los Angeles
“Should have guest laundry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

Pros: courteous staff, clean room, updated interior, good shuttle services, convenient to airport;

Cons (mostly minor): very very very slow elevator, no guest laundry service; not so great neighborhood, low water pressure in shower.

A few co-workers used this hotel for one night before our early morning flight out of LAX. It sure beats fighting traffic on 405. I think it's the old Howard Johnson at the corner of Airport and Manchester.

The front desk staff was courteous. The hotel obvious just renovated with very elegant modern deco.

After checked in, it took more than 10 minutes to get on the elevator (the other one was out of service). It is the slowest elevator I've seen for a long time. It took more than 15 seconds for the door to open (it closes rather quickly). I sure hope the reason that the other elevator is in the process of being replaced as everything else in the hotel.

I went to my room and was shocked to find someone sitting in the room watching TV. The weirdest thing is that he even smiled and waved at me. I was very glad that he's dressed. Maybe this is not the first time he was walked in? Remind me again that to use the dead bolt every time in a hotel room.

There are two maids are cleaning other rooms. They called the front desk and let me in another room, which was just been made. I later went downstairs to get the key re-programmed.

Everything went up hill from here. The room is as nice as the elegant lobby and everything is fresh and clean. The bathroom is spacious with a good ventilation fan. The water pressure was a bit low for my tastes but it did the job.

This is the end of the first week of a 4 week travel. I was planning to do Laundry in my last day at LA before going to Asia. Unfortunately, I was told that they do not have guest laundry and I would have to use a laundry mart 3 blocks away. It so happened that the particular location of the hotel was not very good for after dark walking (you can see all the fences around the premises. I decided to opt out. I'm not sure how many people use guest laundry in a hotel, I sure do in long trips.

The hotel shuttle was nice and on time for my early morning flight. They even told me that the shuttle can pick me up at car rental places (not very far at all) if I decided to drop off the car off the evening before. I did drop it off but used the shuttle from Alamo instead.

Parking is free (comparing to $15-$20 in those on Century) and there's free breakfast (didn't use due to my early morning flight).

Over all this is a good airport hotel that I'd like to consider next time if I need an LAX hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Management03, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
We do not have a washer and dryer on property but we do provide and offsite dry cleaning services which guest could drop off their laundry with the front desk in the morning and pick up by 7 pm.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

For what it is, this hotel is great. This is by far the best Holiday Inn Express we have stayed in. It appears to have been another hotel before being adquired by HI as the property, inside and out, looks nothing like the typical HI. Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. Room was large and comfortable. There was a business center with free internet and printing. The breakfast (included) was a full hot breakfast with eggs, ham, bacon, potatoes, muffins, bagels as well as fruit, yogurt and cereal. It is also very convenient to and from the airport . I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

This hotel is clean, decent staff and very nice linen and you can get good deals online. A McDonalds, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell are literally right out the front door, as well as an internet cafe, so it is good if you just want to grab a quick bite and then crash before your flight the next day.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. We were about 25 minutes away from all of the action on Hollywood Blvd however the perks at this hotel are the free breakfast and free parking. We rented a car but could have taken the hotel's shuttle from and back to the airport. The rooms were clean but the bathroom could have used another look as there were a couple strands of hair on th curtain and on the counter. The beds were very comfortable and I love the white bedding that is cleaned between guest visits. The hotel does provide a colorful blanket at the foot of the bed. We did not see or use the pool. We ate breakfast both days down stairs. It was a continental breakfast. I enjoyed the cinnamon rolls but nothing special. The front desk representatives checked us in quickly and were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Florence, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

My friends and I stayed here after spending two nights at the Holiday Inn Express Walk of Fame. We moved here to be closer to the airport. Overall, there were no problems. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was somewhat different than the previous location - the beds were regular size instead of queen and there was no refrigerator. Internet access was available but it was spotty. This hotel was older and it looked it. The carpet was hideous (although clean). The lobby could really benefit from redecorating. But, other than those trivial things, it was what we needed and it felt safe. The shuttle service was outstanding and available when we needed it at 4 am.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Las Vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

Went to Hollywood Park to watch the Horse Races with my boyfriend. Location was close to the Race Track as well as to Santa Monica Pier. Location served it's purpose.
Staff was very nice. We spent just one night . The rooms were clean, but NO fridge in room, unless it was hiding somewhere. There is a convinience store down below but could not understand why there was no fridge? Pillows were horrible! Very LUMPY, but luckily I brought my pillow from home. My boyfriend on the otherhand had all 3 pillows, and could not find a comfortable spot. I am a light sleeper and since location is very close to LAX, I could hear doors slamming -shut all morning long with people leaving.
Next door is an apartment and don't think we would ever walk outside at night.
Its actually a couple of miles inlet from Century Blvd. which concerned me because the neighborhood is not the greatest. For a longer stay I would probably stay close to Century Blvd. this is where the Embassy Suites and Raddison is. Can't say much about the breakfast which was served from 6:30-9:30am because he didn't fly out of bed until 9:00am. There were eggs left over and pastries. The eggs were good. Hot coffe, OJ, bagels, muffins. Looks like the spread was very nice, but we totally missed it!
They started clearing stuff up at exactly 9:30am. We parked on the bottom floor of the parking lot. There was a car parked next to us that looked abandoned. Car was stuffed form the front to the back with lots of stuff, tires, etc. very wierd. next to it was a hood from some car? Very strange... I'm saying even the drivers and passenger seat. Not sure what was going on there.
For one night I would recommend this hotel, but for a longer stay I would probably NOT recommend.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Lebanon, TN (Nashville Area)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

Kudos to Carlos and his staff. Noella checked us in and was great. A small hiccup when we went to the room because maintenance was working on the ac unit and the room was very warm. Noella apologized and quickly gave us another room. We reserved a suite and glad that we did. The room was clean and had a spacious sitting area with a separate dressing area which leads to the bedroom area. Plenty of room to unwind and relax after a long travel day. The room has a nice work desk with high speed wifi access and flat screen tv's. The decor is modern and inviting with a great burgundy color scheme. Our site has a microwave, small fridge, coffee maker, iron and hairdryer. The bathroom has a great oversized shower/tub combo with jacuzzi jets. My only concern are the small cracks in the tub as this could potentially cause water damage is not corrected. Carlos recommended a great authentic Mexican restaurant called Pac's Cantina which we loved. This was by far the best authentic Mexican food we have ever had (From Nashville and not known for good authentic Mexican food).The main reason we choose this hotel was the close proximity to the airport and the free shuttle and complementary breakfast. Saide was the shuttle driver and even drove us a few blocks to the restaurant. There is a nice business center with fax and printer which was great for sending some last minute faxes to the office. There is a small gift shop and a car rental office. Overall I think Holiday Inn Express has stepped up their game for the budget minded traveler. I would definitely stay here again if I was in the LAX area. PS- Checked for bed bugs as this is becoming more of a concern these days and everything looked good.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport? Share your experiences!