“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8620 Airport Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (LAX Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #84 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
scottsdale
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We flew in from Singapore and arrived at the hotel at ten am. This was the morning after the BCS championship game. The hotel was full but many were checking out. They had a room ready for me so I could shower and shave and get some sleep. Not only a room but a suite (601). It was a great start to a wonderful four days. The service continued to be excellent. Everything was perfect. It's what I've come to expect at HIE's and that's why I'm a regular at the hotel chain no matter which city I visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

575 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Falmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed one night, arriving later than we expected due to very slow immigration and customs clearance, and waited over an hour for the Hotel Shuttle. It eventually arrived after a call to the hotel, but later we were told that it is a half-hourly service; did we miss two? So we arrived in the dark and left in the dark (8AM flight next morning).

The big plus for HIE LAX is it's its location on West Manchester Avenue in the Westchester neighbourhood and eating places nearby.

The room was ok, clean functional with a good shower etc. No restaurant for evening meal, and as I said we left too early so can't comment on the breakfast. But we will recommend the Persian/Italian (Pars/Jinos) next door as a very good place to eat.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Management03, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
I really do apologize for the inconvenience caused that you had to wait for the shuttle for long time. I can assure that I will be looking into the matter.

India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights first thing which was wait for 1 hour at the airport for the shuttle to pick up which was a big blunder i was thinking why did i book this useless hotel i called up hotel at 10.35 pm to pick up Claudius who was at front desk said shuttle will come in 10 min then called at 11 pm they said it will come in 10 min but then again at 11 10 pm they said because of the shift change there is delay and it came at 11 30 pm I was traveling with my son of 3 years who was feeling very uncomfortable after our flight but this useless hotel if they would have told me it will take so long i would have taken Taxi as it was 5 min away.

Secondly Mr Syed the Shuttle Driver and Baggage Store keeper in the Day Shift treated us like we have not paid for staying in this hotel.He was so rude in keeping our luggage. In every hotel you can store your luggage for that day atleast when you are checking out specially in an airport hotel as our flight was at 10 30 pm that and we specially booked 2 nights near the airport.

I will advise everyone not stay at this hotel the only good about this hotel is the Breakfast else you will face rude staff old hotel useless service.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay at this hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
I really do apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us with the shuttle transfer from the airport. I can assure you that I will be looking into the matter.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was visiting LA and booked a room at this hotel because 1.) it was located near the airport (and I had a early morning departure the next day), and 2.) I trusted the HIE brand and felt like it would be clean (based on experiences staying at HIE locations in other cities). Boy, was I wrong. After about 3-4 hours of sleep in Room 528, I was startled out of my sleep by a weird feeling on my neck. At first, I didn't believe it, but once I went to scratch the itch, I felt a huge bug crawling on me. I flung it to the wall and hear a small thud - so rest assured it was a pretty large size bug/roach of some sort I packed up quickly and got out of that room within minutes. I cleaned my bags out thoroughly, and pray nothing snuck its way into my luggage and home with me. Yes, the hotel manager eventually gave my money back, but made no acknowledgement to obvious bug problem at this hotel (or any plans to stay to remedy them). Not very assuring, if you ask me. I've stayed in hotels for years, and have NEVER had something like this happen to me. Horrible experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
I really do apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us. I can assure you that I will be looking into the matter.

West Midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

stayed two nights at this hotel at the start of our trip to CA. Ideal airport hotel, comfy beds, good shower, no noise and near to airport and car rental. We were able to get the hotel shuttle from airport straight away. Check in was smooth, they ensured we got two rooms next to each other and service was to a high standard. Hotel provide a free breakfast, which is no frills but does the trick! Hotel shuttle also dropped us at the local car rental the next morning,

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Checked in and was greeted by the usual friendly HI Express staff. Walked into a huge room on the 2nd floor. It was huge, but the room seemed like it needed more furniture in it. Room was clean and comfortable. Had a restful stay. I read a review here about the surrounding neighborhood being shady, but I didn't feel that way. I walked down the street to Subway and a drug store and felt fine. Just exercise the same common sense and safety you would anywhere else and you'll be fine. I highly recommend this hotel. Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay on our last night in SoCal before flying home. Not noisy at all. It is a close to airport car rentals that I walked back from dropping the vehicle off. Pool is in a poor location. Has a fitness centre and free breakfast and wifi. Quite modern in design too.

• Stayed December 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport? Share your experiences!